Kitchenaid Burr Coffee Grinder Review
- High-quality build.
- 40mm stainless steel conical blades.
- Controlled rate grinding with 15 grind settings.
- Powerful but low-heat motor.
- Professional value with an affordable cost.
- Durable, cast metal housing.
If you are a coffee lover, the chances are that you depend on the early morning cup of rich, aromatic dark solid-liquid. Coffee was a daily beverage of part of Mayan and Incan civilization and African tribes that love to enjoy caffeinated drinks. In modern times, coffee has become the morning drink of billions of people all over the world.
When it comes to coffee, grinding your beans with burr grinding is the simplest and most convenient way. A burr grinder gives a better quality cup of coffee every time you grind your beans. A pro barista highly prefers burr mills because of their consistent size of ground particles. Also, it offers great control over the size of your ground. This means you can get fineness and coarseness according to your coffee brew machine.
The KitchenAid burr coffee grinder is one of the best grinders that features 15 different adjustable settings. To know the detailed specification, advantages, and disadvantages of this machine, go through our complete analysis.
KitchenAid Burr Coffee Grinder: First Impressions
|Kitchenaid KCG0702CS Coffee Grinder Specifications|
|Dimensions||5.9 x 10 x 9.8 inches|
|Grinder material||Stainless Steel|
|Bean hopper capacity||7 oz|
|Grinder speed||450 rpm|
|Warranty||1 Year Hassle-Free Replacement Warranty|
|Accessories Included||Grinder, handheld scoop, and cleaning brush|
Reasons To Buy
- Regulated grinding settings.
- Burrs are made of stainless steel.
- Breakable parts are easily replaceable.
- Easy burr access.
- Gear diminution feature.
- Quite stable, which helps in keeping the grind consistent and keeping the noise down.
- Bean hopper, hopper lid, and grind jar are dishwasher safe.
- Non-slip rubber at the bottom.
Reasons To Avoid
- Glass bins and hoppers crack or break far more quickly than plastic.
- Despite the low RPM motor, it’s pretty loud.
- Grinds leak between the grinder and container.
- The ground jar has an odd shape.
KitchenAid KCG0702CS Coffee Grinder: Detailed Specifications
1. Build Quality And Design
This burr grinder is an excellent scale-up from the low-grade coffee grinders that fill the market. The device is made from die-cast metal that makes it solid and looks flawless. This product comes in various color options ranging from empire red, onyx black, or contour silver;
there is every color to match the interior of most kitchens. It looks almost like a piece of art; in terms of style, it’s impossible that you would regret this purchase.
This machine comes with conical burrs made up of stainless steel. Again this is a deviation from the old ceramic burrs that are usually not as sharp and are prone to easy damages in case of significant impacts. Although it’s aesthetically pleasing, some people find it oddly shaped.
2. Grind Settings
This grinder offers a remarkable consistent grind that can be used for anything from French press to an espresso machine to an Aeropress. This grinder may not be perfect for espresso, but it does an incredible job if you have a drip coffee maker or French press. The large, black dial at the front allows you to make 15 grind settings with half-step increments for fine-tuning your brew style and strength.
The setting ranging from 1-3 is for the coarse grind that can be used to make the best French press coffee. The range from 5-7 is for the medium grind that can work best with four pour-over siphons or automatic drip. Setting eight is for a fine grind, and you can make espresso using these grinds. There is an on-off switch on the side panel using which you can grind your coffee beans. The user manual is handy for explaining what setting is ideal for a specific coffee blend and giving you the correct instructions to prevent any damage.
3. Bean Hopper and Ground Bin
The bean hopper is present at the top of the grinder and is made of glass. And the ground bin is located just below the bean hopper and is too made up of glass. Both the containers are specially made up of glass to minimize static electricity. These jars are fragile and should hence be handled with care. The coffee hopper has a holding capacity of 7 oz, which is not very large. Still, if you are like most of us, the promise of fresher grounds is worth the hassle. Seven ounces of coffee ground could give you 8-10 cups of coffee.
4. Extra Features
Some of the key features, asides from design and built that makes the KitchenAid burr grinder a must buy has been discussed below:
Low RPM Operation and Temperature: This burr grinder’s motor rotates at a speed of 450 rpm, which is not too fast but powerful enough to achieve the optimal grinding results. Due to its minimal speed, it minimizes frictional heat build-up, preserving the flavorful and aromatic components in the beans.
Size and Placement: With a single burr grinder, you want to make sure it fits nicely on your kitchen counter. This machine is a little larger relative to most coffee grinders within its power range. In terms of weight, it’s on the heavier side, which makes it quite substantial. It’s better to designate it in a permanent position on the kitchen tops. Otherwise, it might be difficult for some people to retrieve from storage now and then.
Included Accessories: You will get a compact KitchenAid burr grinder with a user manual. The user manual is essential if you are new to coffee grinding, as you will be confused by all the settings. Besides the product itself, it comes with few additional parts, including the stainless steel, glass hopper, and ground bin. Also, a handy scoop for your ground coffee and a burr cleaning brush make the maintenance process more manageable.
Noise: The excellent strength of this Kitchenaid machine is that it’s on the quiet side. Because of its heavy steel casing, the device keeps vibrations to a minimum. Any noise stays trapped inside the grinder. If you want a grinder that won’t wake a sleeping family, this may be something to count.
Price: Serious coffee enthusiasts know why they need to equip their kitchen with a professional-level burr grinder, but it may also need an equally professional-level budget. The kitchen grinder isn’t going to break anyone’s bank when it is concerned with upgrading the at-home coffee game.
5. Cleaning and Maintenance
To make your burr grinder long-lasting and maintain the taste of your coffee, it’s pretty necessary to keep the burr grinder clean. Most people avoid cleaning their mills. As a result, coffee grounds, oils, and chaffs accumulate themselves onto the grinding parts. So here is a step-by-step process that should be followed for cleaning this machine.
Note– The glass containers are dishwasher safe, but the body should be cleaned only by damp cloth. And always remember to unplug the device while cleaning the internal parts.
- Empty the bean hopper and the bottom container and wash them with warm, soapy water at the sink or in the dishwasher. Carefully rinse as they are made of glass. They are prone to cracks and breakage and allow them to dry.
- Then loosen the screws from both the sides of the grind setting dial by hand pull to remove the dial and burr-shaft assembly. Use a stiff-bristled brush to remove leftover coffee grounds. Once the dial and burr-shaft body are removed, you can have access to the motor housing and internal burr, now clean them with the brush to get rid of loose coffee powder.
- Finally, reattach the burr shaft, dial, and screw and continue grinding.
6. Tips for taking the maximum advantages of KitchenAid burr Grinder
- Rinse your grinder frequently to prevent oils and grounds from sticking (ideally weekly).
- Follow the manual and YouTube videos to ensure that you use the correct grind setting for your coffee brewing method.
- Always grind your coffee beans at the time of actual coffee brewing. This will prevent flavor and oil damage from the grounds.
- Use good quality coffee beans. Remember that a great grinder is less than half as important as coffee beans.
- If the machine is very noisy, calibrate the grinders as early as possible to prevent damaging the teeth.
KitchenAid has a long record of setting the example for personal kitchen appliances that look aesthetically pleasing and function professionally. Their invasions into burr coffee grinders are no strange in that respect.
As a brand, their fame is usually connected with high-end quality and a price tag to match. However, in the world of best coffee burr mills, this model hovers at the mid-range cost level.
We’ve already discussed that the die-cast metal frame looks magnificent. The curvature and shape of this model’s design is a delightfully retro style that matches their other machines in style and shape, such as their popular stand mixer.
We profoundly suggest that any coffee-loving home should have at least one grinder. It is an item that will make your mornings better and allow you to finally experience the authentic taste and texture of freshly ground and brewed coffee.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Are the burrs replaceable?
Yes, the burrs are replaceable but finding them is pretty challenging. The Amazon sellers rarely stock them. However, this grinder is highly durable. Some consumers report that it could even last for ten years if maintained properly.
2. Does this product come with a three years warranty?
No, this product comes with a one-year warranty. The warranty covers replacement parts and repair labor costs to correct defects in material or craft. But the warranty is not valid if the damage is due to accident alterations, misuse, wear and tear, or installation not in accordance with local electrical codes. The KitchenAid will only determine whether the repair comes under warranty or not once the inspection has been completed.
3. Do the glass containers prevent static charge?
Yes, If you’ve ground your coffee before, you likely know the issues it can cause static electricity. Fortunately, the Kitchenaid comes with a glass reservoir and hopper. These glass compartments help minimize static cling, which helps keep your kitchen from becoming a mess.
4. What is the grind setting for an AeroPress?
It depends on the personal taste in the strength of coffee. The grind should be slightly more refined than sea salt for Aeropress, which is less fine than Turkish or espresso powder grind. But you can try 7 or 8 grind settings. But again, personal taste too as to how much coffee you use when making Aeropress. But again, personal taste too as to how much coffee you use when making your preferred brew.
- Baratza Encore Conical Burr Coffee Grinder
- Best Coffee Grinders Under $100
- Best Manual Coffee Grinders
- Bodum Bistro Burr Coffee Grinder Review
- Breville Smart Grinder Pro BCG820BSSXL
- Capresso Infinity Burr Grinder
- Cuisinart Supreme DBM-8 Coffee Grinder
- DeLonghi Magnifica ESAM3300 Espresso Machine
- Krups GX5000 Professional Electric Coffee Grinder
- Mr. Coffee Automatic Burr Mill Coffee Grinder
- OXO Brew Conical Burr Coffee Grinder
- Rancilio Rocky Coffee Grinder