In a Hurry? Our Top 2 Picks to Buy!
2. Coffee Gator
Coffee is one of the world’s overwhelming drink. However, we take our coffee differently, and everyone has their specific tastes and flavor patterns. Most people start their day with coffee, which helps remove all the fatigue of the day before. It provides them sufficient energy to start a new day. If you are tired of drinking that same and ill-favored coffee, then it’s time to transition from cafe coffee to make your own cup of coffee at home with the help of great coffee maker.
In addition, you can even brew a travel cup if you’re hurrying for the work. Surely, having a coffee maker at home is much better from standing in a long queue. However, those who have coffee makers in their home only they can understand the leisure they get. Holding a coffee maker saves them money and gives others the impression that you’re serious about your coffee.
Here we come with Best French Press Coffee Makers easier to pour coffee from any other makers or espresso machines. Making a cup of coffee with french presses are quite simple with no mess. It is still one of the most popular coffees producing devices all over the world. Coffee experts say that nothing beats the boldness of a cup of french press coffee.
Today we’ll be taking a look at the best french presses, and we recommend you to read our buying guide towards the bottom of this post.
Top 10 French Press Coffee Makers in 2021
|French Press Coffee Makers||Cup Capacity||Carafe Type|
|Coffee Gator||6 Cups||Thermal|
|Bodum Chambord||8 Cups||Glass|
|Frieling French Press||5 Cups||Thermal|
|Le Creuset||3 Cups||Stoneware|
|Bodum Brazil||4 Cups||Glass|
|Bodum Travel Press||1 Cup||Thermal|
|Kitchen Supreme||8 Cups||Glass|
Which are the Top 10 Best French Press Coffee Makers in 2021?
1. Secura Coffee Press
|Dimensions||7.32″ x 8.46″ x 5.16″|
|Material||304 Stainless Steel|
Add Secure, 304-grade coffee maker in solid choice section. This coffee maker has a modern design look in different tones charming enough to set out on your kitchen or breakfast desk. Here we’ve selected the black matte look, made from top quality 304 stainless steel, both the interior and exterior. Also, the designing of this item added a long handle and a non-transparent body.
If you want a warm coffee at your breakfast, then this device could be the best option. It comes with a 3-layered steel filter that catches the tiniest grounds to deliver an exceptional full-bodied french coffee. However, the dual-wall stainless steel body keeps your brew hot or cold at the perfect temperature, while its exterior stays cool to touch.
Even though, if your whole family needs coffee in the morning, then the Secura is the one that covers 1.5-liter to pour you enough cups. You can also use it to make other drinks such as cashew milk and lemonade, to froth the milk for lattes and other beverages.
- It is easy to clean with natural dish solvent, including filters and plunger.
- This device comes in a 3-layered screen and 1.5-liter capacity.
- The Secura is very reasonably priced and includes a free two fine mesh filters.
- It’s wall keeps the heat inside for 1 hour and cold from outside so that you can touch its exterior.
- This is the best french press maker which comes with frosted nonslip touch handle and knob for safe pouring.
- It is easy to port anywhere you want to take it.
- It has a non-transparent body from which you can’t see the coffee level.
- Its lid is non-removable.
2. Coffee Gator Travel Jar
|Dimensions||5.8″ x 5.6″ x 11.9″|
|Material||Premium Grade Stainless Steel|
Coffee Gator aims to bring the coffee house at your home with more smiles per cup. It comes up with a large capacity kit, including vacuum layered and double filter for full flavor taste. It keeps your coffee or tea warm for 60 minutes as compared to the glass presses. This all happens because of its dual-wall covering for hotter coffee.
The carafe is 33% thicker and 20% heavier than any other model. However, you can easily handle this carafe with its cool-touch handle that protects your hands from burning. It has a range of visual appeal you want, choose from grey, green, pink, or brushed stainless that blends perfectly with your kitchen. It is one of the stylish and colorful carafes you fill find.
In every-way, it is a professional grade the best french press with tough, durable, and rustproof traits. Its double filtration system removes more powder without removing the oils that give such rich java. The goal of Gator is to stop the ground going into your drink and lock the flavor in and kick all the dirt.
- It comes along with an airtight mini container to store your ground or beans.
- This maker is portable and durable, which makes it a perfect mate for travelers.
- The exterior uses a military-grade stainless steel body along with dual filters.
- The plunger and handle are designed with the mind of a nice grip and cool touch.
- The carafe is more durable than glass french presses, in keeping the coffee hotter with 34 ounces capacity enough for 12 oz cups or 18 oz travel mug.
- This brewer is firm, rust-free, and washable with regular soap.
- Its double-layered vacuum slows down heat loss and brews you a hot joe for longer than the average one.
- You can’t use this on a stove or any open flame.
- The mini canister is not built for dishwasher.
- Its filter needs special care and efforts to clean.
3. SterlingPro French Press Maker
|Dimensions||9.1″ x 6″ x 4.4″|
You will enjoy its delivering rich and aromatic coffee in lesser time. It comes with double-walled, rust-free traits, which makes it an incredible coffee maker. The company added everything in this to make it the best french press that you need.
The Sterling Pro is extremely durable that can be used both in home and office. However, it is entirely made of the finest 18/10 surgical grade double-wall stainless steel design that keeps your drink warmer for a long hour. And other hands, keeping the outside of the carafe cooler to touch.
With that, some more sweet features make this model a little better than the race. The dual filter screen is something I want to talk about. It is an elite feature on the face of it, a durable and a simple netting screen. It traps the more grounds than a single and gives you pleasant flavor without any ground particles in your cup.
- It comes with a durable and dishwasher safe carafe and the plunger that runs flawlessly for a perfect cup.
- It features a dual wall for insulation and a dual-screen that keeps the ground out of your coffee cup.
- The SterlingPro is one of the best dealers of all time, built with 100% steel.
- You can even use it for making other drinks such as lemonades, froth the milk for beverages, etc.
- Its dual wall construction keeps the interior hot and exterior cool for safe handling.
- Its two screens need more cleanup.
- It is a non-transparent device that makes you helpless to see the coffee level.
4. Bodum Chambord Tea / Coffee Maker
|Dimensions||4.25″ x 6.875″ x 9.75″|
|Material||Pure Steel Casing|
The Chambord is a true classic and best french press maker available in borosilicate mirror and recyclable, shatterproof carafes. The brand has extended its line to include for sizes – 12 oz, 17, 34, and 51 oz in five finishes. We found the 12oz size to be the ideal choice, as it was small enough to take to work or on a trip without any hesitation. It will never disappoint you when it comes to performance.
The Bodum Chambord french glass carafe is made of a durable, heat resistant borosilicate material with a BPS-free plastic handle and base. While its 3 part plunger extracts the best flavor with sing a right ground size to ensure a smooth cup. The D-shaped plastic handles are so comfortable to hold with a gentle grip when pouring or to carry it.
With straightforward traits, the Chambord is simple enough for first-time users. The transparent glass enures you not to rush too soon, because you can see the coffee state clearly. However, the spiral plate helps in keeping the fine mesh in place and ensure that hot water goes straight without any ground coffee.
Overall, the filter, plate, and plunger help you separate the ground coffee from the water and give you even a coffee.
- The Bodum uses a borosilicate mirror, which is ultra-light, robust, and heat-resistant for keeping your coffee hot.
- The stainless steel french press frame helps to protect the glass from an accidental drop.
- All its glass, plunger, and the filter are dishwasher, use a non-abrasive sponge to clean the frame and lid.
- Its spiral plates provide a universal fit and keep the net screen in place while brewing method.
- The handle is not very well designed, which makes poring a little tricky.
- If the plunger doesn’t press well, then all ground comes in the coffee.
5. Frieling Double Wall Press
|Dimensions||10.1″ x 6.2″ x 4.5″|
Since 1988 Frieling is making the highest quality of kitchen products home, and this french press is one of them. This french maker is one of the award winning and top-rated by many magazines. It is a favorite tool of best hotels and restaurants.
The 36 oz is one of the picked models by many customers. It’s undoubtedly a stylish and superior choice. The fact is that its 18/10 stainless steel french press with a twin-wall that keeps the drink hot 4 times longer than glass carafes.
It also uses a 2-stage stainless steel filter, including a pre-mesh screen that strains out the large grains of coffee, and the second net screen to remove the sediment.
The metal wire inside the coil presses the plunger so firmly against the inside wall to get full-flavored coffee. All the french press components are dishwasher safe, and there is no need to disassemble the filter for cleaning.
- The Frieling carafe is made with durable 18/10 stainless steel body inside and out.
- It uses a unique 2 stage technology, which promises to give you no dust for your final cup.
- It also uses a pre-filter plus a limited Italian super-fine mesh to keep dust out from your brewed coffee.
- This device is unique because it doesn’t hold any plastic elements.
- Its dual wall interior retains the heat better than glass carafes up to 4 times longer.
- Its no-drip spout gives a smooth pouring performance.
- Not possible to see through the carafe to know how much coffee is left.
6. KONA Glass Press Maker
|Dimensions||4.2″ x 5.2″ x 9.3″|
|Material||BPS/ BPA Plastic, Stainless Steel|
Making a coffee by using the best french press is somehow the simplest way. Just like a KONA french maker that takes less space than traditional coffee machines with no electricity and makes it an excellent choice for traveling or office. This item is an all-time favorite with positive reviews.
As it comes with a unique & attractive insulated plastic frame that protects the thick glass from the sudden drop. The KONA comes in two main sizes a travel-friendly 12oz and a longer 34oz version.
Aside from its fun to look body, the mesh filter extracts & brew the tea leaf or coffee beans to get the essential oil and flavor in your cup. Thanks to its carafe through which you could see the level and color of your coffee. The large D-shaped handle and rubber knob made it easy to control the straining of brew.
Apart from that, this device is least expensive and still performs as well, like other costly models. However, all its parts are dishwasher reliable, which is forever a plus mark.
- It is a budget-friendly device that won’t break the bank and also gives you damn elegant coffee.
- The high-quality stainless steel french press filters are durable for keeping your coffee residue-free.
- Its BPA free handle prevents you from burning your hand while pouring.
- The jug is made from a borosilicate material: thick and resistant, and perfect for travelers.
- You’ll get amazed to know that this model can be quickly disassembled, with soap washing parts.
- Some of the ground passes from the filter.
- As it is a glass jug, so it can break along with a protective shell.
7. Le Creuset Stoneware
|Dimensions||4.5″ x 7″ x9″|
|Material||Stoneware & Steel|
No brewing method extracts the exact flavor from the refined beans than the french press. This superbly crafted classic French press gives a shiny look and also matches your kitchen shade perfectly. It is available in different range colors and designs, each with slight curves.
The Le Creuset is the safest device that can be used in the microwave, freezer, dishwasher, oven, and even refrigerator. Note its maximum over safe temp ( 500°F / 260°C ), and if using a boiler than eave it for 2 hours for optimal temp. Applaud to its designers for making a perfect example of simplicity with oneness. The company makes it a beautiful piece for a kitchen with high-fired glossy enamel glaze finish, which makes it resists, odors, staining, chipping and cracking free.
Moreover, the handle, knobs, and the rims are designed to hold a safe and secure grip. It arrives with a stainless plunger and mesh sieve that filtered the coffee and gave you flavorful liquid without any shreds. However, it doesn’t allow the heat to get out from inside it and you will find this feature only in a double-walled carafe built to keep the coffee hot until you’re ready to have it.
- Stoneware has a nice wall, and heft to keep the temperature of the coffee ideal.
- It is safe to use in microwaves, freezers, oven, and dishwashers to use it aside from coffee.
- The jug’s body is made with high-fired stoneware and is finished with glossy glazing, which resists scratches and stains.
- The enameled surface is safe to wash with soap, plus completely hygienic with no absorbs odor and flavors.
- It is available in the various range of Le Creuset colors.
- It is also suitable for steeping loose tea.
- The plunger is hard to push in the starting.
- Break easily.
8. Bodum Brazil French Press Maker
|Dimensions||8.625″ x 6.375″ x 4.25″|
|Material||Borosilicates & Plastic|
The Bodum press is indeed one of the best, most reliable, most durable, classic makers on the market. The company not set its model in one as it comes with different color options to select. Its transparent glass body holds excellent coffee at a great temperature, along with a handle, and base of plastic.
The beaker is made of high-quality borosilicate glass, ultra-light, and secure with excellent heat resistance properties. The 3-part plunger made of stainless steel and has a mesh filter that extracts the coffee’s aromatic oils and exact flavors instead of being absorbed by a paper filters. All the parts of this device are dishwasher safe.
This large press forms 34 ounces of coffee enough for a full family, or even you can take this to your camping and impress everyone with your barista skills. It takes just 4 minutes to brew your favorite and full-bodied coffee. Members of those using Bodum Brazil say that it produces more productive and tastier coffee than the most pod or drip machines.
- The Bodum Brazil rated as a #1 bestseller and french press with an attractive price.
- The container is made of durable borosilicate with a plastic handle and base.
- The plastic lid is BPA free, which serves a blend of shock absorber and a design part.
- Aside from basic black, it is also available in a brilliant apple green- cherry red.
- It has a 3 permanent filter system with a stainless mesh, spiral plate, and the cross plate, which holds the mesh in a place together with the help of a spiral plate.
- The parts can be easily dismantled for cleaning and dishwasher safe.
- The glass carafe can be crack quickly once it falls.
- Not keep the water hot for longer as compared to a twin-wall jug.
9. Bodum Travel Press
|Dimensions||3.50″ x 3.50″ x 9.10″|
Best for traveling plan whether you’re going to the office or on your camping trip with this travelling. This press will ensure coffee troubles simple. It is so light in weight that you can join it as a travel mug in your bag. Its stainless steel body with dual wall design and vacuum seal maintains the heat for hours while remaining calm at the touch.
It has a non-skid rubber base and comfortable, ergonomic grip with a colorful silicone band. The nonslip lid, grip, and plunger gives a fantastic hold and can be tossed in your bag. However, the mug is dishwasher safe.
- It is light in weight with a vacuum seal to maintain the heat of coffee constant.
- It brews the coffee in less than 4 minutes, with its durable mesh screen and spiral plates.
- It is so comfortable to take anywhere you want to go.
- You can make any drink in this mug like lemonade, froth the milk or more.
- It is available affordable and available in different colors.
- Chance of leaking if you place it horizontally.
- It has no dual filters.
10. Kitchen Supreme French Press Maker
|Dimensions||7.1″ x 6.1″ x 11.4″|
|Material||Borosilicate Glass, Steel|
This german made press is the only model that comes with an ENCAPSULATED double stainless lid. It is built to double the heat temperature and keep your hand-safe compared to others that can burn you. However, it is entirely sealed with just a slight twist of the lid to trap all essential oils. The carafe is crafted from double glass, making it durable & thermal shock resistance. It also comes with helpful accessories like – a long stainless spoon, coffee scoop, and a recipe book. With this you can create cold brew and hot 8 cups of coffee and other drinks like frothing the milk, making sauce, and more.
Thanks to its 4 level filtration system, which supplies you excellent coffee without any grounds in your cup. It is the key behind this french press that makes it versatile as it increases the cleanliness and gives you delicious coffee with delicate taste.
- This is the only maker that uses an encapsulated DOUBLE LID made entirely from 304 Stainless Steel and is also plastic-free.
- The carafe uses a two wall glass, an “unbreakable glass,” which gives an ideal temp and heat resistance benefits.
- This classic look carafe comes with 4 filtration systems, which increase the purity of coffee texture and delicate taste.
- It comes along with a 5-year warranty and a replacement guarantee.
- It gives various options of uses; making tea, coffee, fruit beverages, hot chocolate, etc, and takes just 4 minutes to make all this.
- It also has a unique plunger system for extracting the exact flavor from your coffee powder.
- The glass needs to be handle with care.
- The filters have sharp edges.
How to clean the French Press?
If you want a better and long-lasting french press, it’s necessary to clean it after each use. Cleaning it isn’t hard at all, but it’s essential to brew coffee in a clean and rinsed maker to get your ground’s original taste.
- Things you need before cleaning
- Dish soap
- Sponge or bottle brush
- Baking soda (optional)
- Damp Cloth
- Steps to consider
- Finish your leftover coffee.
- Dig out the grounds with your hand or a spatula.
- Add a few drops of a dishwasher with some water, then plunge the plunger up and down.
- In case you want to clean each part separately, then disassemble the pieces first.
- Wash the paper filter and plunger as they get the most junk.
- Use baking soda if you wish to on your sponge or bottle brush to scrub the pieces or otherwise, you can have the soap.
- Rinse, clean, and rinse again for deep cleaning.
- Keep all the parts separately and leave them to go dry.
- Reassemble them and start making fresh coffee again.
Most Popular French Press Brands
- Coffee Gator
- IdylcHomes KONA
- Kitchen Supreme
- Le Creuset
- Sterling Pro
How to Choose The Best French Press Coffee Maker?
Compared to other machines like pod, drip, or espresso, the french press is one of the most straightforward choices to make.
As it is the easiest way to make cold brew or hot coffee without any mess. Despite their simplicity, there are several variations among french presses. If you’re considering buying one, here is what to look in one before getting.
1. Types of Carafes
Typically, there are 3 types mostly used by many brands – a special kind of glass, the double-layer constructed carafe, and the plastic one.
- Borosilicate Glass – This type of glass carafes contains a main element “silica and boron trioxide.” They are built to offer durability and heat resistant traits. It doesn’t crack under extreme temp and can be used in microwaves or at hot plate.
They usually have a double glass wall, which means pouring hot water into it won’t cause the glass to shatter. It gives you a transparent view of how much coffee is left or to see any leftover coffee particles. But with a good, bad also come, you have to give special care if it drops on your floor it takes seconds to break down into pieces.
- Thermal Carafe – Most commonly used by brands, it won’t crack easily and keep your coffee hot longer than the glass one. It comes with two-layer construction to keep the beverage in its original state until you are ready to have it. However, they are available in a brushed or polished finish, with various color choices.
They also have a vacuum seal to minimize heat transfer. Since it keeps the interior hot and the exterior cool enough to handle. Unlike glass jugs that depend on a hot plate to keep their liquid warm, the thermal carafe is superior enough in this and just required a sealed lid to maintain the heat.
- Plastic Carafe – Plastics have received a lot of negative reviews in the past couple of years. But if you want to go with this one, then see it property made from styrene-acrylonitrile (SAN) and free from BPA. The SAN is a durable type of plastic that perfectly stands at high temperatures without twisting or filtering chemicals.
Since your jug should be BPA free, as it carries some possible negative health impacts, and may find in foods and drinks when it gets heated. So if you want to brew your french press coffee, then be sure to look for BPA free and made from SAN.
- Stoneware – It is less common among french press makers, as it tends to be pricey, but beautiful. It is most of the time available in rainbow color and also coated to resist stains and odors.
Most of the stonewares serve to be dishwasher safe, but the same as glass jug, they also want more care. They are sturdy and keep the temperature to their ideal state and break quickly once it drops on your floor.
2. Design and Comfort
Finding a perfect match with the decor of your kitchen is a first #goal. It is simple to select a model if you are familiar with your choice. It takes not, so efforts to choose the design, but there are some practical elements that you should know in account when selecting them. It should have an ergonomic handle that helps you in preventing burning your hands. It should also have a superbly crafted case enough to protect its body. And last the color of your choice that goes well in your kitchen.
However, durability is also important. A french press carafe is something which uses only hand-operated power to work, no electricity. So it’s essential to see if it is able enough to port from one place to another. If you need to take your french press on holidays or during hikes than you should consider its portability nature. In that case, pick a stainless steel model that fits your bag and go anywhere with you. Don’t forget to buy a portable handy coffee maker to enjoy the fresh coffee while hiking or camping.
Do you just make a cup, or is it more like two cups? If you start your morning with a cup and desire of one more than its time, you probably need something substantial. There a few standard sizes to choose from with 15 oz to 32 oz being the most popular. It fills more than 4 cups in one go, whether you’re living with your family or friends opt this version to fulfil everyone’s need.
Or in case you’re alone or with some partner, I’d suggest you go with 12 oz; it gives you one large cup or two small cups as you like. However, there are some travel-friendly models though with 12 oz capacity for all your road brewing adventure.
4. Mechanism inside your press
The french press divides into two main parts –Plunger and the Filter.
A filter is a central and vital part your press should have. The screen in the press maker composed of a steel mesh held in place by stamped steel. They are designed to allow the coffee oils and fine particles to pass through into your cup. Buy this; we get a rich and tasty brewed coffee by using a paper filter.
However, the filter is connected to a metal rod that passes through the top knowns as the plunger. It is used to press the screen to the bottom of the container and get the best-extracted coffee.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How often should I clean my french press?
As it uses a filtration system that tends to create coffee junk in your press, I suggest you wash your device after every usage. It will keep the odor fresh, plus increase the life of your appliance.
2. How much time does it take to make a coffee in the french press?
Since it is a hand-operated appliance that works according to your strength if you perform systematically, it takes just 4 minutes to brew a coffee. Stir its plunger up and down motion and steep for 4 minutes. You can even squeeze this variable if you sense that your coffee is over-extracted or under-extracted.
3. Which is the best a Glass or the Thermal carafe?
These coffee makers are almost made of two basic material borosilicate glass and stainless steel. Glass carafes are pretty, but they won’t keep your drink hot as thermal one. However, the thermal carafe is made of a dual wall that favors you to keep the beverage warm without any hot plate.
4. What kind of coffee ground is suitable for french press?
Good french coffee needs a coarse and even coffee ground. Too fine ground, particles may pass the filter and come to your cup. If you want to get the coarse powder, try to grind your beans at your home.