Our Top Picks
Drinking delicious coffee on a cold evening would be a relaxing experience. There is nothing more loveable than a freshly brewed pot of coffee.
You can get a perfect cup of coffee every morning with your very own single-serve coffee-making machine. Some machine churns and swirls, giving out a whiff of exotic coffee beans, and your cup of hot coffee is ready!
If you think of buying a single-serve coffee maker, then you have stumbled upon the right place.
You get to know the best coffee makers available in the market, their reviews, and our tip for a decent purchase right here.
Before you dive into the coffee maker reviews of the products, let’s just go through some functionalities that you might want to know about coffee makers in general.
This process will help you decide better. Nothing equals the joy of a sipping hot, simmering espresso right at the comfort of your home!
We’ve prepared a list of Best Single Serve Coffee Makers based on Customer Reviews and our Market Research.
We highly recommend you to read our buying-guide located towards the bottom of this post.
Top 12 Single Serve Coffee Makers in 2020
|Coffee Maker||Cup Size||Brewer|
|Mueller Ultima Coffee Maker||12 oz||Ground||CHECK PRICE|
|Nespresso by De’Longhi Espresso Machine||2.75 oz||Ground||CHECK PRICE|
|AdirChef Grab N’ Go Coffee Maker||15oz||Ground||CHECK PRICE|
|K Cup Coffee Maker||–||K-Cups||CHECK PRICE|
|Hamilton Coffee Maker||14oz||Ground & K-Cups||CHECK PRICE|
|Keurig K-Mini Coffee Maker||12oz||K-Cups||CHECK PRICE|
|Updated Ground and Pod Coffee Maker||–||Ground & K-Cups||CHECK PRICE|
|Hamilton Coffee Maker||–||Ground & K-Cups||CHECK PRICE|
|CHULUX Coffee Maker||12oz||Ground Coffee||CHECK PRICE|
|Cuisinart Coffeemaker||12oz||–||CHECK PRICE|
|Cuisinart Single-Serve Coffeemaker||12oz||K-Cups||CHECK PRICE|
|Keurig Coffee Maker||10oz||K-Cups||CHECK PRICE|
Which are the Top 12 Best Single Serve Coffee Makers in 2020?
1. Mueller Ultima Coffee Maker
Mueller Ultima Coffee Maker is the king of coffee-makers in the coffee industry. It fits in your budget and offers an ultimate range of functions that makes it the top pick in the list.
It comes in a matte finish. Enhance the look of your kitchen with this royal coffee maker that brews your favorite coffee in less than a minute.
- You can insert the required coffee pods or put fresh coffee grounds in the basket-filter. It is compatible with 1.0 and 2.0 coffee pods. Both ways, you get to enjoy a great flavored coffee.
- For the ardent coffee lovers, it provides options to customize the brew strength as you want. It has designer switches that let you choose the cup-size.
- Mueller Ultima Single-Serve Coffee Maker is the best fit for your tight budget.
- There is nothing more to look for if you get all the essential functionalities in this compact unit that weighs merely 2.2 pounds!
- It comes with a water reservoir of a whopping 48 oz capacity. It is easy to clean.
- You can enjoy four different brewing options that are 6, 8, 10, 12 oz cup-size.
- This single serve coffee brewer has a two-year extensible policy. So sit back and enjoy this quick hi-tech machine’s service.
What We Like
- It has an auto shut-off mode. So, you need not fiddle around checking the machine.
- It can be easily carried around anywhere. Enjoy the best homemade brew coffee, even if you aren’t at home!
- You need not refill the water reservoir again and again as it has a pretty big tank for water.
- The basket-filter is made of best food-grade material that filters precisely to serve a tempting, robust and perfect cup of espresso.
What We Didn’t Like
- The problem with this kind of coffee machine is that you can’t use big travel mugs.
2. Nespresso by De'Longhi EN125S Original Espresso Machine
You can’t get a more smart coffee maker. This good looking design is perfect for your office interiors. Delight your clients and employees with an amazingly brewed coffee.
Nespresso brings you the smartest home barista to make the espresso drinks at the convenience of your home. It is one of the Best Single Serve Coffee and Espresso Machines that come with an advanced high-pressure pump with 19 bars.
- It has a high-pressure pump that unleashes flavor from the coffee ground. Savor a barista-style coffee instantly at your place.
- Worry not about energy consumption. The unit will automatically turns-off after 9-minutes of inactivity.
- Are you wondering if you could use your tall-mug? No-issues! It has a foldable cup-rest that allows you to accommodate taller mugs.
- This espresso maker comes with the best fragrant range of 16 Nespresso capsules. The capsules are recyclable. Just place the capsule and enjoy fresh and authentic espresso. The used capsules are silently ejected into the internal receptacle.
- It is slightly on a heavier-side weighing around 6.04 pounds.
- Nespresso Pixie coffee machine brews your favorite coffee with the suitable strength. It comes with one-touch buttons for 2-cup capacities – Espresso (1.35 ounces) and Lungo (2.75 ounces).
- It has a water reservoir with a decent size of 24 ounces.
All these mind-blowing innovations come with an attractive price tag that you won’t want to miss the deal!
What We Like
- It comes in an ornate mirror stainless steel finish. This single cup coffee maker is a durable one that will brew your hot coffee every time.
- It alerts you about the empty water tank.
- It has an advanced heating system. It heats up to an ideal temperature in just 25 seconds.
- It has an automatic shut-off system.
- You can use tall mugs also as it has a foldable cup rest.
3. AdirChef Grab N' Go Personal Coffee Maker with 15 oz. Travel Mug
Now have the caffeine in your bloodstream swiftly & efficiently with this machine. The tiniest of all coffee machines with a lightweight design. The good part that it is the most affordable model.
Grab N Go coffee maker can be your travel companion. Also, you have a pour over coffee in the included travel mug on the go with the maximum convenience. Thus, it is one of the Best Single Serve Coffee Machine available in the market.
- It comes with a permanent non-detachable filter (means less waste) that holds ground-coffee of your choice. In fact, the permanent filter controls and reduces your carbon footprint and gets rid of the waste of used coffee-pods.
- It comes with a water reservoir of a large 48 oz capacity. You are freed from the hassle of frequent-refills.
- The 15-ounce stainless steel travel mug included in the box for more convenience and to keeps your coffee hot for long. So you get a pour over coffee in a well-insulated travel mug on the go.
- This single serve coffee brewer has a limited warranty period.
What We Like
- It is dishwasher safe.
- It’s extremely simple to use. Also, it saves both time and money.
- Bring home this power-packed machine for quick brewing. You are freed of the hassle of coffee-pods.
- It can be easily carried around anywhere. It weighs a meager 1.2 pounds. It adjusts in tight-spaces at your home.
- It comes with a durable plastic and classic black colored glossy body.
- It auto-stops the dispenser from pouring coffee when the mug is full.
4. Single Serve K Cup Coffee Machine
This drip coffee maker combines the best technology and art. It comes with sleek and stylish looks. Sboly brings a great product that satisfies your daily espresso cravings with a few finger clicks.
Unlike many other drip coffee makers, this one comes with a vacuum insulated tumbler so you can savor your hot beverage on the go.
- It comes with the easy to use functions that make operating very convenient. At the few eyes blinks, and you are served with hot coffee.
- It allows you to traditionally make a great cup of coffee. The mesh filter comes with a lid. You can add some authentic coffee to savor the taste you like.
- Making hot-cup of coffee was never easier. You can brew up to 14 oz in one go. No matter how strongly you crave for coffee, these single cup coffee brewers will satisfy it within minutes!
- It weighs as little as 2.5 pounds that makes it portable.
- There is no doubt about its durability as it is made of stainless steel.
- It is equipped with auto-clean and auto-off functions.
What We Like
- It takes up a very little bit of storage space as it has a compact design. So, it is great for small countertop areas.
- This single-serve super-automatic coffee maker has an auto-off system for saving power.
- The auto-clean mode can rinse the interior component for odorless and rust-free machinery that makes these drip coffee makers worth for money.
- The cup-rest can be vertically adjustable. It assures that the coffee is dispensed directly into the mug without spillage and splashes.
5. Hamilton Beach Scoop Coffee Maker
Now have a classic or rich brew push of a button with this machine. Satisfy your coffee cravings with a large quantity in just one go!
It has a sleek and firm design makes it ideal for your modern kitchen. Hamilton Beach Single Serve takes care of the design so that you get a luxurious and extravagant look to flaunt!
It is one of the Best Single Serve Coffee Machines with a shining stainless steel exterior. So you can be assured of its durability and longevity.
- You can add ground-coffee in the filter-basket and relish the taste anytime.
- It is not compatible with K cups or coffee pods, making it eco-friendly.
- It is relatively less customizable that makes it easy to use.
- It has two best brewing options- standard and bold. The standard option makes you a milder yet delectable mug of the coffee than the bold brewing option. Choose your desired option and savor the mug of hot drink instantly!
- It comes with a vertically adjustable cup-rest, which allows you to place the container as close to the dispenser. This adjustable tray guarantees spill-free operation.
- You can use different cup-sizes up to 14 fl oz. It has a reasonable size that accommodates all your coffee mugs. Relish the simmering hot-beverage in the mug of your choice.
What We Like
- It can serve you a hot and pure coffee with a mesh filter. It has a comfortable grip handle, which is easy to pull out and set-in again after cleaning.
- It doesn’t make you wait for long for your hot beverage. It takes about 90 seconds to brew the best 8-ounce mug.
- It has a full drip-tray that ensures clean working. A beautiful and sturdy dispensing avoids extra hassles of cleaning mess.
6. Keurig K-Mini Coffee Maker
Bring home this adorable and mini coffee maker. It is less than 5-inches wide. Just it into any corner of your kitchen, and it won’t complain!
It brews lip-smacking hot chocolate, coffee, or tea. Beat the bone biting winters with a hot sip served by Keurig’s K mini coffee maker. Buy this unit and you will completely fall in love with this machine.
- This single serve coffee brewer prepares coffee & tea within minutes.
- It is compatible with K cups. So no more hassles. Just insert the pod and press the brew button.
- It comes with a drip tray that is removable. So you can use your travel-mugs of max-height up to 7 inches.
- You get the choice of different cup-sizes ranging from 6 to 12 oz.
- The auto-off system keeps an eye on your energy bills and shuts down function after 90 seconds of inactivity.
- It has a water reservoir with a quantity of the only single cup of coffee. You have to fill water after every brew.
What We Like
- It comes with the best attractive color-variants like silver, red, etc. to adds vibrancy to your interiors. Also, it makes all eyeballs turn to your kitchen!
- It has a low price tag that would perfectly fit your budget.
- It is as light as a feather weighing only 4.5 pounds. So in terms of portability, it can be carried around easily.
7. Updated Ground Coffee and Pod Coffee Maker Single Cup
There is nothing that this single cup coffee maker doesn’t provide. From a two-way brewing option to compatibility with different brew sizes of cup, this unit capable of brewing the perfect cup of coffee for a true coffee lover. Moreover, this single serve machine comes with fast brew technology.
- It prepares coffee hot and fresh with an approximate temperature of about 179 degrees Fahrenheit. Soothe yourself with a warm and refreshing beverage on a cold morning and kick starts your day.
- This coffee maker is ideal for your home and office and also for travel purposes.
- It has chic black matte-finish looks that would enhance the look of your spaces.
- Forget the task of cleaning the machine after use. It has a self-cleaning system.
- You can use any cup-size and with this coffee maker including travel mugs of up to 7-inches.
- It offers two ways of best brewing. First, you can fix K cups in the stainless steel cup-holder. Secondly, you can use to basket filter that comes with a lid — either way, you are served with hot and aromatic coffee.
- It has a small tank for storing water. You have to fill up the water frequently and, ultimately, extra manual effort.
What We Like
- It is available at a pretty much reasonable cost. You’d get all the surprising opinions. So, it’s hard to find something comparable at this price.
- Within a brewing time of about 2-minutes, this coffee machine gives you hot and high quality coffee instantly.
- This unit includes with 2.5 inches drip-tray to adjust the height according to your cup. It avoids splashes.
- It has a sleek design that would perfectly blend with your interiors. Even if you’ve tight-spaces, this machine won’t mind!
- It is slightly lighter. It weighs around 2.89 pounds.
What We Didn’t Like
- It has a long-brewing time that is the issue with this unit.
8. Hamilton Beach FlexBrew Coffee Maker
These coffee brewers are a complete automatic coffee maker that comes with a thermal-carafe and single-serve side. Choose yourself how much you want to brew!
It is the best piece of gift for the small kitchens, office or for college students.
- The full 12-cup pot would delight all your friends in one go.
- The single-serve side comes with a pod holder and filter basket. Use the pod or not; you are promised with a hot, soothing and fresh cup of coffee.
- It comes with a gold-tone screen that separates even the fine particles. Also, it eliminates the need for paper filters.
- It has two water reservoirs. The view window lets you keep monitoring the water level in each tank.
- The carafe side comes with a timer and a 2 hours auto shut off feature. You can select the brew strength of the drink you want with the easy to recognize keys.
- It has a considerable brewing time of about 3 minutes, but the result is worth the waiting. It serves you great tasting coffee
- It comes with a hefty price tag. So you need to spend a few extra bucks to enjoy the benefits of Hamilton FlexBrew
What We Like
- It comes with an auto-pause mode. So if you remove the carafe while brewing process, the coffee won’t drip, try it, and you’ll see the magic!
- The cup-rest is adjustable and can also be used to store a single-serve pack holder.
- It comes with the auto-turns off. So you need not remind yourself to switch off the unit.
9. CHULUX Coffee Maker
This single-serve coffee-making unit is the answer if you need fewer-features but powerful speed and performance for the long run.
- It is incredibly compact. It will surely take less counter space in the kitchens and brew you a tasty cup of coffee.
- The low price and small size make it worthy of each penny spent.
- You need not fiddle around thinking of which coffee pod to use. It is compatible with 1.0 and 2.0 coffee pods. Also, you can use your ground-coffee to savor.
- This single serve simple machine has a small water container that holds 12 ounces of water at a time. It may require a refill with every cup.
- It allows you to use different sizes of tall and short cups up to 5.3-inches.
What We Like
- It has an auto-off feature that can save your money on electricity bills.
- It comes in assorted colors for giving a splash of exciting color to your kitchen.
- It comes with a removable drip tray that can ensure clean and messes free action.
- This brewing system is portable. So, transport it without hassles and have the best drink anywhere and anytime.
What We Didn’t Like
- It has a long-brewing time of 3-minutes.
- The brand provides a limited warranty for one year.
- It has a tiny water tank that may require multiple refilling.
10. Cuisinart CHW-12 12-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker
This specialty coffee maker is a complete solution for ardent coffee lovers at your home. It gives you the real cafe bar style coffee at the fraction of the cost.
People with different coffee tastes will be delighted with this single serve brewer. The best part of this brewing system is that it can serve you with two different best-tastes of coffee at a time.
- It comes with a carafe that has a 12-cup capacity. You can simply make more than 1-cup for serving your guests without waiting for longer.
- You can use a variety of cup-sizes as it has a removable drip tray. It makes room for your tall-mugs too.
- The drip tray can be adjusted, and the mug can be placed near to the dispenser for avoiding spills.
- It comes with a vital temperature control setting. You can choose among high, medium, and low temperature as you want.
- It has the best separate heating system for the water tank. You can run this independently. You can heat water for soups, pasta, stocks too.
- It has more weight as compared to regular single serve coffee machines.
What We Like
- It is available at an affordable cost.
- The indicator lights let you know that water is heated. Isn’t it cool!
- It has multiple settings like auto-on and auto-shutoff, self-cleaning, brewing-quantity up to 4-cups.
- The brand provides an extensible warranty of 3 years. So you can indulge in the rich flavor of coffee without any worries.
11. Cuisinart SS-10 Premium Single-Serve Coffee Maker
It provides great brewing performance to the users for a long time.
It comes with the stylish look that would blend well with your modern interiors.
- This model is compatible with different types of coffee pods. If you wish to use your exotic coffee type, it has a reusable filter cup. This filter-cup is easy to plug out and easy to clean.
- You can program the timers for your happy morning hot-sip. It lets you brew your favorite ground coffee with temperature adjustment options.
- It comes with a digital display and a clock.
- It has a transparent water reservoir with a capacity of 72 ounces and has a charcoal filter.
- It comes with five different brewing settings. You can brew 4, 6, 8, 10, and 12 ounces of coffee in one go according to your wish.
- It comes with the best technology. But it has complex functionality.
- It is a bit expensive. So you need to spend more bucks to own this coffee and espresso maker.
- It is heavy than regular coffee-makers. It weighs around 9 pounds.
What We Like
- It comes with a guaranty period of 3 years. It’s strong customer support is readily available to solve issues related to the product.
- It has the best mesh-filter that can hold your favorite ground coffee.
- It relieves you of the Worry of cleaning the machine. It comes with an auto-clean feature that provides ease of cleaning by rinses the inner chamber instantly.
What We Didn’t Like
- There’s no indicator light to show when the reservoir is empty.
12. Keurig K15 Coffee Maker
Keurig K15 Single-Serve Coffee Maker answers your call for an iced beverages, hot and delicious cup of espresso. Keurig offers the world-class machine that prepares espresso just the way you want it- fast and authentic!
It is best for those who are looking for a super-swift caffeine fix without compromise on quality of the coffee. Also, it is a versatile and handy tool for daily use.
- It has a reservoir for storing a single cup of water.
- This compact size makes it fit for travel purposes.
- It comes with the great build quality and made of durable plastic — Relish coffee of 6, 8, or 10 oz within 2-minutes.
- It has a detachable drip tray that enables easy cleaning. It also helps to accommodate mugs up to 5.2-inches.
- It provides fast brewing, authentic flavor extraction, hot and iced coffee. What’s more, can you ask!
What We Like
- You will be amazed to see the color options on sale. You can choose the color that best matches your interiors.
- This single serve K-cup pod coffee brewer comes with the auto shut function.
- It is lightweight that makes it simple to use.
- The shiny and mirror-finish machine is a luxurious addition to your kitchen.
- It is easy to operate due to fewer settings. It has only 2-buttons. One functions like power on/off and the other for brewing.
Most Popular Single Serve Coffee Maker Brands
- Hamilton Beach
- Mueller Austria
- Nespresso by De’Longhi
How to choose a Single-Serve Coffee Maker?
So let’s get started.
A Sneak Peek Into The Functions Of Single-Serve Coffee Makers-
Electric and Gravity Powered Coffee Makers
Single-serve coffee-making machines come in two variants, one works with electricity, and the other is a non–electric one.
Electric coffee machines are efficient and, of course, automatically heat water.
Gravity powered coffee makers use air pressure to prepare your coffee.
It has the most notable drawback that you need to add hot water manually though it is a convenient machine to carry while traveling and has no risk of breakdown.
K-Cup Coffee Maker Versus Non-K Cup Coffee Maker
The coffee makers from companies like Keurig give the option of using coffee pods.
These small plastic-cups contain your ground coffee for brewing 1-cup of coffee.
It makes brewing convenient and most comfortable than any other way.
However, the single-serve K-cup coffee maker can cost much more than the traditional way of brewing coffee. These coffee capsules brew you an error-free coffee.
The ground coffee comes in sealed plastic and aluminum containers, so the contents remain fresh for long.
The coffee pods come in assorted tastes to delight your taste buds.
However, these would weigh heavily on your pocket — also, these K-cups negative environmental footprint.
Using coffee makers with basket filters would be a good option if you want to save on each cup of coffee you drink.
You can put in some ground coffee in the reusable basket filter.
Once you have decided on the type of single-serve coffee maker that best fulfills your needs, you are now all set to dive in to find your perfect brewing partner.
There’s are a lot of new coffee maker models available in the coffee world. Today, choosing a good coffee maker can become a tough job and make you go nuts! So we present to you an overview of some factors and things to keep in mind before you buy a new coffee maker.
Prepare A Checklist
There are a wide range of coffee making machines available. So, depending on your personal needs, we suggest you make a checklist of functions that you need the most. Your budget is the prime factor that affects your purchase. Let other features like brewing time, the guarantee also guide your ultimate choice.
If you are in an area that has hard water problem then go for the models that come with the water softener.
Favorite Drinks On Offer
Think about your preferred beverages you want to savor. Hot or iced coffee, french press, espresso coffee, tea, and hot chocolate. It can be prepared with just one single serve coffee machine.
Some machines come with the frother for adding frothy milk to your coffee. They allow you to make specialty brews and gives you hot water on demand. Also, provides you the option to choose your own cup size.
Read the specifications to know what beverages you can make. Depending on your preference, choose the one that’s best suits and serves you.
Prefer having highly versatile machines.
You’d also pick a grind and brew coffee maker. This kind of maker comes with the built-in grinder that can grind the coffee beans for you to make your life easier.
Water Reservoir Capacity
You’ll want a larger water capacity if you don’t want frequent refills. This feature is also desirable if you don’t travel that often and take your coffee maker along. If you’re looking for a compact and small-sized, the one with a small water tank can be picked.
K-Cups Or No K-Cups?
This decision is entirely a personal choice! K-cups provide an abode of flavorings. Try different flavors provided by hundreds of brands. Savor the love of your life- Expresso in different colors. On the other hand, you can go for a coffee maker with a basket-filter to avoid garbage and disposables.
Also, consider the number of people the coffee maker will serve at a time. A coffee maker with a brewing time of 2 minutes might not be able to work for a team of 20 people.
If you prefer to buy for your office or entire family, you should go for the model that offers carafe for brewing multiple cups of coffee (max 12 cups of coffee) in one go. It has a quick brewing time.
We’d recommend Mueller Ultima if you’re buying for your personal use. It’s fast brewing and the large water tank is ideal for homes.
Auto-clean – the super time saver
This unique feature is handy for saving both time and energy. You need not spend your precious time cleaning this complicated machinery every weekend.
The auto-clean feature helps to deliver drink in a hygienic way. Also, it keeps prevents rusting, lousy odor, and clogged dispenser.
It enhances the coffee maker’s longevity and functionality.
What Extra Does A Programmable Coffee Maker Offer?
Single Serve Coffee makers have programmable-settings with temperature control. These coffee machines are of the most significant advantage where you desire specific taste every time.
They also allow you to set timers for auto-on and auto-off at particular times.
They can brew your coffee every day like a robot. You can save time every day and leave for office with a fresh and relaxed mindset.
If you’re ready to put in some efforts to learn the instructions, we give big thumbs up to the programmable types of the coffee maker.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How Does An Auto-Clean Feature Influence My Day To Day Life?
The auto-clean feature would make it simpler for you. It saves your time-and-effort in cleaning the nooks and corners of the machine. Also, it can rinse the inner components effectively within minutes.
2. What Are The Different Cup Sizes Available?
These single serve coffee makers brew only one cup-of-coffee at a time. They are available in 4/5 fl oz typically. If you desire more coffee in one go, then a cup-size of 12 fl oz is good.
3. Should I Go For A Coffee Maker With A Thermal Carafe?
If you’ve frequent guests at home, or you’re buying the coffee and espresso machine for your office, then you should go for the thermal carafe coffee maker. This type of carafe would speed up the time taken for every serve.
4. Do I Need A Programmable Coffee Maker?
There are times when you need quick coffee with the straightforward machine. So, go for a non-programmable coffee maker.
If you can learn to operate the machine, then a programmable espresso maker would work for you.
5. How Would K-Cups Affect My Expenses?
K-cups come in a variety of flavors. They have a unique flavor and aroma. These are costlier. Also, the high-quality cup adds-up to the cost of the K-cup. This disposable K-cup pod would make each cup of coffee expensive. There’s a noticeable difference in the quality of the brew when compared to coffee grounds.