In A Hurry? Our Top Reasons To Buy
Breville Duo Temp Pro
- Dual Filters
- Compact Size
- 54mm Tamper
- PID Technology
- Irresistible Body
- Accessories Included
- Silky-Velvet Mouthfeel
- 360° rotating steam wand
- 15 Bar Italian Made Pump
Are you a die heart fan of coffee? Or looking for a fantastic cafe to get your favorite drink. So stop here or cut down on visits to your local coffee shops. The best homemade espresso machine can help you to get a cup of java right in your comfort zone. As many of you can’t start your day without coffee, and no shop will open early in the morning for you, ouch that’s true.
However, thanks to modern technology, with that, you can now make any beverages at home. Investing in a home coffee machine with all in one mechanism will never go wrong. Drinking one or two decent cups of joe is way better than having average mugs of beverages.
If you’re new to the home coffee machine and don’t want to lay a lot of money + need a good home barista then look at this cafe-quality espresso machine.
The Breville Duo-Temp Pro comes with high qualities, simple styling, compact size, and affordable traits. It’s a PID mechanism, auto-purge function, and well-equipped tamper, and frothing feature helps in getting consistent results and a faster-doing job. It is a gentle introduction to brewing espresso machine at home. Overall it’s highlighted modern look reflects its’ feature and contrasting design.
Breville Duo Temp Pro Espresso Machine Review: First Impression
|Dimensions||10.25 X 12.25 X 13.25 inches|
|Voltage Rate||110-120 V|
|Power Rate||1600 W|
|Construction||Brushed Stainless Steel|
|Water Tank Capacity||8 Liter/ 60-oz|
|Settings||Single or Double Shots, Manual Control|
- It uses the biggest PID temperature control technology for controlling water temp for perfect balanced coffee extraction.
- You can manually control the temp and setting of espresso shot volume.
- 15 bar Italian made pump used with low pressure to get the delicious coffee powder.
- It is equipped with a 60-ounce water tank.
- Its brushed casing and compact size, slim profile fits perfectly into any corner of your kitchen.
- Breville Duo coffee maker includes a 360° rotating wand for frothing the milk at any position of your comfort. And the bonus is it will help in enhancing the micro-texturing skills.
- Another fantastic feature of this maker to keep the rate at the perfect range is the “auto-purge function.”
- The Duo Temp makes use of a pre-infusion tact to raise the brewing capabilities thus allows the coffee grinds to bloom.
- Its 9 bar leads to “rich cream” topping that is not extra bitter like other coffee makers.
- Duo Temp coffee maker includes internal storage on the side of the device body for keeping the related accessories.
- It carries a built-in cleaning aid kit for maintenance purposes.
- Its dynamic thermo-coil produces endless steam of constant pressure.
- No integrated grinder,
- The steam wand can clog easily.
- If you don’t brew it well, then you will get a lot of coffee splash and create a messy foam line.
1. Precise Espresso Extraction
Its low-pressure pre-infusion helps in ensuring all the flavors drawn out evenly during extraction. The digital temp PID controller (Proportional-Integral-Derivative) controls the water rate for the easy mechanical thermostat.
2. Auto Purge
This automatic purging heats the system after steaming and ensures that your next drink extracted at the right temperature. The machine quickly lowers its warmth after the use, and you get a consistent cup of shot every time.
3. Milk Foam Texturing
Its high power 1600W Thermo coil element delivers sufficient steam to create foam. The 360° rotating rod helps for steaming and frothing the milk plus magnifies the flavor and enables your latte skill. Use the correct hand technique for milk texturing.
4. Maintenance Indicators
This machine lets you know when it needs a little care. Its rinsing and drip tray does provide an alert routine to remind you for clean-up.
It can make a cafe-quality drink right in your kitchen. Get tasty espresso in less time with this semi-automatic machine that presents a few learning curves for beginners.
The overall designing made with a brushed stainless steel casing. If we compare this espresso machine with others, then it is physically more firm. It comes with a commercial-grade stainless portafilter, silver steam rod, and one dial controller that controls the brewing and steaming. Since it offers two most essential elements – control over the pressure and state of steam. Its adjustable steam rod is capable of creating good cream and getting the milk as you like.
Other than this, it comes with both pressurized and non-pressurized portafilters. It includes a single standard and dual shot basket. The large drip tray can be separated easily.
Even though you can slide the tray out and find a drawer with accessories storage. The decent weight and proper tone tamper play a better role than cheap plastic tampers.
The spacious 60-oz (8 L) removable water reservoir can easily handle the multiple lattes. Its marvelous body fits into all countertop or under any cabinets of your stylish kitchen. Let’s dive right into the Duo Temp Pro’s performance.
This Pro machine is much better than the older device that makes it a little easier to use. It has a 15 Italian made pump that starts with low 9 bars pressure to open coffee grounds. Plus, it increases the pressure for extraction. Its auto-purge increases the temp from 200 degrees for steam milk and releases the steam automatically. It goes back to the brewing state by adding water to the boiler and ensures that your next espresso extracted at the right heat. However, it uses a dynamic silver thermo-coil to produces endless boil water on your demand.
Its great temperature step gets you an excellent tasting coffee. For making sure the temperature range Duo Temp makes use of PID mechanization. It controls the water temp for a clear mechanical thermostat. Also, it avoids the fluctuation of heat as the device brews your java.
Overall, it takes 15 minutes to reach the operating temps and be ready to brew. All this function depends on the one dial that flips between brew or steam/hot water. And on the switch, that highlights a straightforward push of a button. This effortless controls and automatic functions make it convenient for beginners.
3. One and two Cup Filter basket
At this price point, you can hardly find any other machine with a pressurized option. However, it has both the pressurized and non-pressurized baskets. Duo Temp uses a 54mm stainless steel portafilter that includes a standard single or double shot basket. With its dual cups filter, you can easily extract one or two espresso shots at a single rate. It even comes with a double dual-wall pressurized basket. If you want the best result, use standard filter baskets. As for the pre-ground or fresh coffee seeds, use dual-wall filter baskets. It saves you time and makes the brewing control understandable.
While brewing process, load the portafilter, attach it and turn on the dial to brew. You can even use the razor dose trimming tool for flatting the coffee surface. Breville machine starts with a low-pressure pre-infusion that wets the coffee for extraction. You’ll see that it extracts about 2-oz of liquid from a double shot basket in 20 to 30 seconds. So note it, when your brewing is completed, turn the dial back to its center position. For the maintenance purpose, always runs a blank shot before making a brew with a few ounces of hot water in the portafilter.
4. Milk Frothing
This coffee maker has an incredible 360° rotating wand that makes the steaming effortless. With the help of its rod, you can create excellent cappuccino,silky microfoam for a latte and even home espresso. But for this, you need more practice to learn. For starting the steaming milk process, turn the dial to the right. However, you’ll hear the machine start to pump and produce steam.
It uses a Thermo coil heater and the mist wand that produces the heat on the fly. The one-hole steam rod presents some challenging heating for milk. If you don’t move it or keep it in one direction, then you’ll get uneven hot milk. Get practiced and familiar with this to find the sweet spot and rich cream with the warm fluid.
5. Cleaning and Care
Skipping the cleanliness or maintenance of your coffee machine might become a problem. Breville Duo needs special attention and the amount of hand-operation. Understand the tips –
- Every 2 months, replace the water filter. After replacing the filter, soak it in a cup for 5 minutes and then rinse it.
- Insert the silicon tablets into the portafilter and set it into the brew head. Turn on and turn off the dial for 3 to 4 times until the washing tablet is dissolved.
- Decalcifying should be done every 2 to 3 months using a mixture of white vinegar and water.
- Wash the drip tray with a damp cloth and use a non-abrasive washing liquid.
- Run the steam to clear the milk frothing rod after texturing.
- Use the pin for small holes.
- Wipe the frothing rod after each use as it gets tough to clean dry milk.
- Before storing the machine, turn “off” the button, turn the control dial to “standby” and unplug it.
- Unwind the power cord carefully before use. Don’t let the cord power hang over the table or shelf.
- Use a dry horizontal surface to keep it. Protect it from electric shocks.
- Do not use this device for extra things.
- Protect it from children below 10 and ensure they do not play with the appliance.
- Children shall not make rinsing process and user maintenance.
- Return the damaged appliance soon to your nearest appliance repair service store.
7. Accessories Included
- 1.8L Removable Tank
- 54mm Razor Precision Dose Trimming Tool
- 1 and 2 cups dual-wall filter baskets
- Stainless Steel Milk Container
- 54mm Silicone Cleaning disc
- Storage Tray
- Water Filter and Filter Holder
- Cleaning Tool
- Washing Tablets
Breville Duo Temp Pro: Final Verdict
The Breville Duo an excellent semi-automatic machine that comes with a 2-year warranty. It is easy to use and need less skill to work on this. The simple controls balanced all the features like an auto-purge, milk frothing so effortlessly. It offers lots of opportunities to honor the skills of beginners. Take less time to produce several milk-based drinks. The elegant stainless steel design and advance features brew a great cup of coffee. You will get all-in-one functions at this price range in the market. Since its Thermo coil delivers enough steam to create vast froth, but sometimes it takes the right angle to texture the milk. Practice makes a man perfect, and the Duo Temp Pro is the right coffee maker for everyone.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How many cups of coffee does Duo Temp make?
You can try 6 cups of joe with its intense frothing rod-
- Long Black
2. What advantages would I get after buying this?
If you’re serious about barista skills, then this affordable and reliable quality home espresso maker is a great option to consider. It has easy-to-use control panels. Also, it comes with advanced features such as pre-mixing, PID, and auto-purging functions. It comes at a reasonable price, stylish look, and with a 2-year warranty. However, it comes with 6 beneficial features –
- 360° rotating wand
- Pre-mixing Feature
- Cleaning Aid Kit
- Storage Capacity
- Dual Filters baskets
- Nine bars leads to “rich cream” and achieve optimal pressure extractions.
3. Can we use freshly crushed coffee or pre-ground coffee?
Yes, as this espresso machine uses pre-mixing to boost the brewing capabilities for moisturizing the coffee ground. Although it eliminates carbon dioxide within the beans to bloom the grounds. It allows you the option to use freshly crushed coffee or convenient pre-ground coffee beans. By this process, you will get a more flavored and delicious cup of joe.