In a Hurry? Our Top 2 Picks to Buy!
1. Nuova Simonelli Appia II
2. La Pavoni Bar 3L-B Lever
If you’re a true coffee fanatic in love with the idea of building the business or trying to improve an already set business, start updating your work with the right espresso coffee machine. Any coffee shop or office having a decent size espresso machine that works exotically is going to be a lead player. It often sits on the counter where your customers can see it and get satisfied with their orders time after time.
Every small or big coffee shop’s dream is to fulfill the taste of their customers, and that’s why most coffee lovers love to have a cafe-quality drink every time. Imagine having a group of customers in your shop, doing gentle buzz of conversation between the wafting aroma of fresh beans will light up their mood, and even your cafe name.
Despite this, if you’re in the market for a commercial coffee machine for your business, investing in them can be crucial and quite complicated due to many options. And we are here to help you out to make the right choice.
Here is the Best Commercial Espresso Machines overview based on customer reviews and our market research. So if you want to take your coffee shop’s dream on the next level, read on and dive right in. Although, we highly recommend you read our buying guide located towards the bottom of this post.
Let’s get started.
Top 10 Commercial Espresso Machines in 2021
|Nuova Simonelli Appia II||160 lbs||3400 Watts, 208-240 Volt|
|La Pavoni Bar 3L-B||169 lbs||5465 Watts, 230 Volt|
|La Pavoni BAR-T 2V-R||159 lbs||4370 Watts, 230 Volt|
|Elektra Sixties Deliziosa||83 lbs||2200 Watts, 110 Volt|
|Nuova Simonelli Aurelia II||300 lbs||4500 Watts, 220 Volt|
|Bezzera Magica E61||50 lbs||1350 Watts, 110-120 Volt|
|Gaggia 1003380 Accademia Espresso Machine||45 lbs||1500 Watts, 110-120 Volt|
|Jura 15145 Automatic Coffee Machine WE8||22 lbs||1450 Watts, 110 Volt|
|La Pavoni Bar-Star 2V-R||200 lbs||4370 Watts, 230 Volt|
|Nuova Simonelli Musica Pour Over||45 lbs||1200 Watts, 110 Volt|
Which are the Top 10 Best Commercial Espresso Machines in 2021?
1. Nuova Simonelli Appia II Volumetric 2
|Size||31 (W) x 22 (D) x 21 (H) inches|
|Material||Stainless Steel, ABS Plastic|
|Power||3400 Watts, 208 – 240 Volt|
|Boiler Volume||11 L|
|Features||Electric cup warmer, supports low cup or tall glass, Built-in rotary pump, dual steam-wand|
The Appia II is ideal for a medium-size cafe that makes between 30 and 100 drinks per hour. Nuova Simonelli has providing espresso machines for over 70 years with a promise of bonus performance under any conditions. This commercial espresso machine gives high richness and high performance acknowledged by all the best barista around the world. The Nuova Simonelli team created this richer machine with more comfort and more straightforward maintenance.
Appia II is hitting the floor with the simplicity of its new design before you appreciate its technical features. It is magnified by the glow of large stainless steel areas that also improve it, and make it bright. It has all the features that make it more attentive like Push & Pull levers, the holder’s soft touch, stainless steel drip tray, and adjustable S/S nozzles that are easy to clean and move. It also comes with a water level indicator and the dual scale pressure scale that allow the barista to have full control over every action. That is why it is a versatile machine with a raised head group espresso to simplify the work with tall glasses.
Moreover, getting all the foam from the coffee into a cup is a challenging task. Still, Nuova Simonelli has won it, thanks to its SIS ( Soft Infusion System), which ensures the method of wetting coffee, even extraction, maximum flavor, and perfect crema.
- It has an 11 L boiler with stainless steel construction.
- The Thermally Paid SIS ensures a perfect extraction.
- This coffee machine is reliable, user-friendly, multifunctional, and ergonomic.
- The reverse mirror on this machine gives more of a 360 view of the brew cycle to see it from every angle.
- It comes with programmable buttons that automate single and double shots.
- You can place tall cups directly under the raised head.
- Its Two Long Stainless Steel Swivel Steam Arm remains cool to touch and reduce burning.
- The push-pull steam device can be lightly pushed into the on and off states to keep your hand happy.
- It has an automated cleaning factor that takes less time and energy- just pick the group espresso that needs cleaning, presses the button to start the round.
- A bit expensive for a small cafe house.
- It has no energy-saving option.
- It is a semi-automatic espresso machine, not a fully-automatic espresso.
2. La Pavoni Bar 3L-B Lever
|Size||40 (W) X 21 (H) X 21 (D) inches|
|Material||Chromed brass group, Stainless Steel|
|Power||5465 Watts, 230 Volt|
|Boiler Volume||22.5 L|
|Features||3 group heating part, Anti-vac valve, Double scale gauge for pump, dual steam-wand|
The La Pavoni Bar is a perfect option for high-skilled barista teams and in building a hand-crafted coffee business. It has a large Manometer for the boiler pressure control, which easily monitors the machine’s pressure within a ready pressure scale. This device comes with 3 manual levers, which gives complete control of the extraction process and makes it ideal for coffee enthusiasts who want to provide excellent coffee to their customers. However, it also has two adjustable steam jets and an anti-vac valve that stops clogging issues with the steamer by steaming.
This machine carries a huge boiler of 23 L with a manual boiler charge button to ensure you’ve always got the water and pressure to make fantastic espresso. Thanks to its liquid line link, which helps in refilling the reservoir. Although, the brewing pressure in the groups is kept at the same level through a device that only lets hot liquid into the group espresso. So it provides temperature balance and guarantees proper removal of the coffee.
- This machine has a superior quality brass group that provides strength, durability, and superb temperature.
- There are three levers and two steam wands that provide excellent coffee.
- This espresso machine offers greater control over-extraction to make fantastic espresso.
- Its vac valve stops the milk from being sucked back into the wands during steaming.
- This machine is equipped with a four-position switch that enables various energy settings to provide energy savings.
- It has Telescopic handles that make machine moving and transportation a more effortless task.
- This machine is equipped with a reset safety thermostat to protect the valuable investment.
- This machine is equipped with an automated water level control with a visible sight glass view.
- It has a large water and pressure boiler which helps control and monitor the pressure.
- It lacks the ease of automatic.
- This machine is heavy, massive, and take far space.
- It comes with a 1-year warranty.
3. La Pavoni BAR-T 2V-R
|Size||29 (W) x 21 (H) x 21 (D) inches|
|Material||Stainless Steel, Chrome Plated Brass|
|Power||4370 Watts, 230 Volt|
|Boiler Capacity||14 L|
|Features||Anti-vacuum valve, 2X double portafilter, two milk pipe|
This machine hits a superior quality and provides outstanding performance in the cafe daily. It is a superb option for coffee shops, cafes, home enthusiasts, or small businesses with the intersection of value and stamina. The brew groups are made with press forget brass and chrome plated, which is one of the best materials for group design. Each group has transversal heat exchangers, hydraulic radiator system, and front end injections—all these help in improving the flavor and the aroma of coffee.
Although its decent built-in cup stand on the top helps and makes it more space-saving device. The only difference between both is that this model has two groud heads and a smaller capacity for large mugs.
This potent device features dual milk wand, anti-vac, and 14-liter boiler to produce 600 -650 cups per day. However, the boiler is made up of horizontal design and copper building, which provides superb temp stability and warmness. On the other side, the anti-vac valve keeps the milk and other elements out of the boiler to stop infection and flavor change. With so many accessible factors, this model is suitable for coffee experts.
- This machine is made with high-quality components and materials.
- This machine group is designed with an independent radiator water-pumping system that evenly circulates it in the boiler.
- It has a direct liquid line connection that reduces the need for regular refilling of the tank.
- The machine has four programmable cup size selections, so each one is programmed to produce a unique shot volume.
- This is a semi-automatic espresso machine that gives you full control over the coffee grounds, shot time, and frother.
- Multiple users can operate it at the same time.
- Its cup rack on the top saves the precious time searching for when you are busy.
- At first, is it difficult to operate.
- Not suitable for big cafes or coffee shops.
- It required a softer installation to maintain the warranty.
4. Elektra Sixties Deliziosa Espresso Machine
|Size||18 (H) x 13.75 (W) x 20 (D) inches|
|Material||Ultra Polished Stainless Steel|
|Power||2200 Watts, 110 Volt|
|Boiler Capacity||5.5 L|
|Features||High precision pressure gauge, electronic motherboard, 58 mm portafilter, 1 steam wand|
The Sixties Commercial Espresso Machine is carefully crafted for the most caffeine enthusiasts. It fits right in the corner of your kitchen or coffee bar at home with an adjustable size. This machine stands with 5.5 L of boiler quantity within a single small frame. However, the high wattage heating parts are designed to heat the boiler for quick recovery and temp stability. It also generates the heat to keep the cups beautiful and toasted on the top for pre-heating.
This commercial espresso machine is still considered a semi-automatic and has 5 programmable buttons for different types of caffeine. There is an extra “K” button on the touch panel that allows the operator to use it and program the other 4 buttons. The machine is, however, beautifully designed with ultra-polished S/S and commercial grade steel frame.
Moreover, this machine requires a direct liquid connection and drainage, which you never have to worry about filling the tank. It also has a multidirectional milk wand that allows movement in many different directions and creates incredible foam for your drink.
- The dual electronic level control system watches the water level in the boiler to make sure the heating factors are involved in water.
- The filter on the head removes all the big toxins that may have passed through a broken screen on the waterline.
- Its steam valve and water valve have central lever controls.
- Its high precision pressure standard and the dual scale shows both boiler and pump pressure.
- The heating parts with a safety thermostat provides additional protection.
- It has an advance programmable night cycle that reduces the energy consumption to wake the machine in the morning.
- Not suitable for more prominent cafes.
- It has a single frother, which means one cappuccino at a time.
5. Nuova Simonelli Aurelia II Volumetric 2 Group
|Size||32 (L) x 22 (H) x 24 (W) inches|
|Power||4500 Watts, 220 Volt|
|Boiler Capacity||14 L|
|Features||Automatic cleaning, Volumetric Dosing, soft infusion system, power saving, dual steam wand|
With Nuova Simonelli Aurelia make your coffee shop attractive. Another model from Nuova Simonelli with a two-group and two steam wand. It is one of the strongest competition and top pick for its versatile features and excellent efficiency. It also won the World Barista Championship for its sheer perfection. This bulky model comes with a 14 Liter boiler, which ensures a large quantity quickly. It gives you the ease of not filling it manually, just attach it to the direct line of water.
Most of the customers and cafe houses offer the drink in a different size, with that here come raised head, which allows different cup sizes to fit ideally underneath. So it saves them time from transferring the espresso from small glass to tall cups.
This model also supplies manual and programmable volumetric dosing for espresso shots to ensure softness for every customer. This kind of program saves time and automatically dispenses the volume for the rest of the day. However, its SIS makes this machine so advances that provide safety measure against poor tamping. It’s a pre-blend system that wets the coffee grounds before delivering a pressurized water stream for even extraction.
The benefit of having these machines is they come with a cool touch wand, push-pull steam trigger, reverse mirror that allows the barista to see from every angle.
- Its raised head group makes it handy to use large cups.
- Its display allows for easy control for temperature.
- This machine delivers the right amount of coffee by its multiple programmable options for a full selection.
- Its 14 Liter hat exchange boiler makes it durable, lean model and perfect latte, cappuccino, and espresso machine.
- Its cool touch wand technology, which stops any burns and makes cleaning super easy.
- With any commercial machine cleaning, it must be easy, so this is also the case with Aurelia II.
- This device has LED lights that illuminate the work area for baristas super handy to see a whole lot better, even in a dark environment.
- This ergonomic machine looks uniquely stylish and is designed to take minimal space.
- Its auto milk wand replaces the manual wand with a user-friendly button.
- This machine carries a standard pod kit adapter.
- It has a Dual gauges boiler and pumps pressure, and also create less noise while brewing.
- It has only two groups, which allows for brewing only two cups.
- Higher on price.
6. Bezzera Magica E61 Espresso Machine
|Size||30cm x 42.5cm x 41.5cm|
|Power||1350 Watts, 110 – 120 Volt|
|Water Tank Capacity||4 L|
|Boiler Capacity||2 L|
|Features||PID technology, pre-infusion, 3-Way Solenoid Valve, 1 58mm portafilter, Two manometers, Dual milk frother|
The company has a long history of providing the best espresso appliances. The popularity of espresso machines increases and the company starts extensive construction to keep up with the demand. This commercial machine comes with an E61 group and combines the best of classic, time-tested elements and modern time-saving features.
Its head generates hot water by flowing it through a twisted and efficient thermo-siphon system to ensure that it continues high at all times. The 2 L copper boiler holds the water with some natural properties and keeps microbes and bacteria away from water. The copper boiler is effortless to clean too.
This machine comes with the latest Joystick Style Knob trend, which doesn’t have to be turned on and off like taps. The instant on/off joystick style wand also provides an ergonomic touch and ease of consistent brewing. This small-size home espresso machine is beautifully designed to be shiny that makes it fit in any industrial use or at the home cafe bar. Its stainless body is easy to wash and provides excellent coffee and a touch of classic Bezzera charm.
- The Bezzera Magica has two manometers that indicate boiler pressure and extraction pressure.
- This machine has a sturdy 15 bar vibratory pump for extracting the maximum flavor from the coffee beans.
- Its multidirectional frother gives an excellent range of motion and creates a fine and creamy milk foam for your cappuccino and lattes.
- The boiler of the Bezzera comes with an automatic water-refill feature that allows continuous supply.
- The PID digital controller lets you change the boiler temperature, along with a high 1350 Watts heating element, that controls the thermostat to maintain the uniform temperature.
- Its compact size is not great for large businesses.
- It brews only one cup at a time.
7. Gaggia 1003380 Accademia Espresso Machine
|Size||15.2 x 11 x 16.8 inches|
|Material||Stainless Steel, Metal|
|Power||1500 Watts, 110 – 120 Volt|
|Water Tank Capacity||54 oz|
|Bean Holder Capacity||12 oz|
|Features||8 grinder settings, Tall Spouts, Automatic Cleaning Cycle, Dual frother|
Get the Gaggia Accademia as two in one machine. It acts as both automatic home espresso and coffee machines. It comes with both commercial style steam wand and carafe type. The one-touch display offers adjustable strength, temperature, volume, and froth quality. The automatic interface display is also easy to operate, allowing users to customize their drinks. This home espresso machine is perfect for large families or office uses because anyone can easily program their type of glass.
The dual-boiler of Gaggia allows for an immediate transition from brewing to steaming in less time. However, this machine is flexible to use with an integrated grinder of coffee beans and bypass doser for pre-ground coffee.
It also features a manual milk pipe and auto-frothing carafe that creates delicious cream on the one-touch. As you know, it is a smart machine offering you a descaling alteration for any kind of maintenances. Although you will like its 57.5-ounce water reservoir with a water filter, that means you don’t have to descale the machine as soon.
- The brew unit and the controlled display are the heart of Gaggia Accademia, include a full-color LCD screen that offers a custom program of up to two cups.
- It has a unique auto milk frothing carafe and the other with a manual frothing wand.
- The Accademia features a warming drip tray to increase the temperature of your drink by pre-heating the cup before dispensing coffee into it.
- It has a telescoping spigot, which allows you to use tall mugs or cups.
- This machine gives you the option to brew with whole bean or pre-powdered coffee with the ceramic burr grinder and bypass doser.
- The brew unit is comfortable to remove and clean.
- This machine is beautifully crafted, which makes it’s durable and sturdy.
- It gives you many beverage options and a lot of control over your coffee’s strength and temperature.
- The auto-frothing milk wand needs instant cleaning.
- The water reservoir is not significant.
- Its drip tray is quite small.
8. Jura 15145 Automatic Coffee Machine WE8
|Size||11.6 W x 16.5 H x 17.5 L inches|
|Material||Plastic, Stainless Steel, Metal|
|Power||1450 Watts, 110 Volt|
|Water Tank Capacity||101 oz|
|Bean Holder Capacity||17.7 oz|
|Features||AromaG3 grinder, Thermoblock heating system, TÜV certified, Milk Frother|
Let’s dive right into the superb features of Jura WE8 best for commercial use and home espresso maker. This machine has an impressive range of automatic functions, that makes life easier. It is a superb automatic espresso model taking care of every step of coffee brewing with the right amount of grinding, and a perfect cup with crema foam. Jura automatic is more suitable for an office space or small restaurants where you don’t have to learn barista skills.
The WE8 offers a perfect grinding of beans with its six-level Aroma G3 grinder that ensures optimal ground coffee. However, its Pulse Extraction Process optimizes the extraction time and makes a delicious ristretto or espresso. Thanks to its one-touch function that allows you to create trendy beverages with milk and milk foam texture.
The Jura WE8 has a great TFT color display that does all the process from grinding to frothing the milk by a simple touch. You can even customize and adjust the amount of water, strength, and brew temp according to your preferences. This machine is so easy to wipe at the touch of a button. The system is certified by TUV, making the WE8 an excellent device for cleaning and hygiene programs.
- Its water tank can hold up to 101 oz water and the bean container 17.6 oz of coffee beans and a coffee grounds container with 25 portions, which makes its elegant professional coffee machine.
- Its innovative one-touch technologies allow you to create trend specialties like latte macchiato, flat white, or cappuccino.
- The button and TFT display makes the operation manageable.
- It is a complete automatic espresso machine that comes with excellent water tank capacity and eight different programs that they can access in small seconds.
- The brewing capacity of this device is beyond what ordinary coffee machines produce.
- It comes with easy to wash the drip tray and milk system.
- It has a very quiet and efficient grinder.
- Its water tank requires manual refilling.
- Not ideal for smaller countertops.
9. La Pavoni Bar-Star 2V-R 2-Group Volumetric
|Size||21 (H) x 31 (W) x 21 (D) inches|
|Material||Stainless Steel, Chrome Plated Brass|
|Power||4370 W, 230 V|
|Boiler Volume||14 L|
|Features||Dual Pressure Gauge Monitors, Independent radiator hydraulic system, Anti-vacuum valve, 2 Frothers|
Are you seeing for an advanced or great looking commercial espresso machine for your cafe? Then wait and watch for La Pavoni Commercial espresso machine featuring a nice digital control pad for ease of use. It is fully capable of various machine drinks, starting from espresso to milk texture beverages. You will love that this machine has microprocessor control with electronic programmable dosing and includes an excellent energy-saving switch.
The La Pavoni comes with a 14-liter heat exchange burner, a manual reset thermostat, and an auto shut off safety feature. This machine also comes with a warming plate, two milk wand, and a separate hot water button with a 12-L water softener. You will love its digital control system, which makes a complicated machine look user-friendly. Its two wands help in producing high dosing of hot water and making it easy to use by both beginners and expert baristas.
However, you know that this is an advanced machine that even has a dual-position power switch that operates in a 3/4 power mode during any off-hours or on a full energy mode. These are the great features that come with the La Pavoni Bar Star 2V commercial machine.
- This machine has been created for professional use made with durable stainless steel material that fits into any business.
- This commercial type machine has a vast burner volume and a visible gauge monitor for the boiler and group strength.
- Its digital control pad makes life so much easier that even a novice can use it.
- The flexible two wands allow you to have a great cappuccino and dosing of hot water.
- The dual head is made with press-forged brass and chrome plated, with a vertical liquid chamber and pressurization system.
- Its thermal stability maintains the constant temperature in the coffee groups.
- It has a telescopic handle for the machine carriage.
- It has a 12 L built-in water softener that eliminates minerals from your water, with a programmable dose and smart engineering. Thus it will give more consistent espresso.
- It allows multi-users to use it at the same time.
- This vast machine takes some time to clean due to its intricate design.
- A bit expensive for a small budget business.
10. Nuova Simonelli Musica Pour Over
|Size||17 (H) x 16 (D) x 13 (W) inches|
|Power||1200 Watts, 110 Volt|
|Boiler Capacity||2 L|
|Water Tank Capacity||3 L|
|Steam Wand||360° dual swivel|
|Features||Handy control panel, Thermo-compensated Group, Adjustable pump pressure|
The Nuova Simonelli Musica Lux Pour takes the style to the next level with LED lined curves. The front, back, and side panels of the machine are made from mirror-finished stainless steel on atop 1.65″ legs keeping that easily raised above your countertop. Its 3 Liter water tank can be reached from the top of the machine behind the cup warming tray. However, it also sports a front-mounted gauge allowing you to keep an eye on the heating strength. Its brewing group is thermo-compensated and includes a pre-blend system that allows the coffee to be removed to its entire potential.
With this model, you can easily brew espresso, cappuccino, latte by its extensive digital LCD menu. If you ever wonder about making a hot tea or americano, simply press the button, and fresh tank water will flow through the heat exchanger line and be flash-heated before giving right into your cup. Its 2 Liter copper heat exchange burner allows you to brew and steam the optimal temperature with its robust 1200 Watt heating element. Lastly, the machine includes 58mm single and double spout portafilters, a single and double shot filter basket, and a backflush disc.
- The Nuova Musica allows you to program your favorite ristretto or espresso sizes, as it will automatically stop brewing when you get the exact capacity.
- This machine is an excellent option for small cafes and restaurants.
- It features 1 cup, 2 cup brew buttons that can be set to exact sizes.
- This machine has two commercial class portafilter for brewing the espresso.
- It comes with easy to use LCD menu and buttons that brew your desired coffee.
- The Musica features an Oscar winner vacuum breaker valve that allows you to start up the machine from room temperature.
- It also includes a 3-way solenoid valve, which prevents unnecessary pressure and releases built-up tension.
- This machine has a ball mounted 4-hole latte art wand fitted with a no-burn sleeve for safe adjustment.
- Not suitable for large scale cafe shops.
- Need skills to operate this advanced commercial machine.
- It only makes one cup at a time and 60 cups per day.
Most Popular Commercial Espresso Machine Brands
- La Pavoni
- Nuova Simonelli
How to choose the Best Commercial Espresso Machine?
Selecting a commercial device for building a cafe or upgrading your existing business can be confusing and awful. One features many first-time coffee shop owners don’t always think what skill level their baristas will have.
You’ll have a better sense of what type of machine to buy after establishing a staff who’ve mentioned their experience with espresso machines. It will help you a little in picking up the right device for your business. And this buying guide will also walk you through the process of discovering the right device for you.
- Types of Group Heads
The groups on commercial espresso machines point to the ports on the machine that can be used to make espresso. Espresso machines typically come in 1, 2, 3, and 4 group variants. One thing you should know, the more groups your device has, the higher the equipment’s capacity will be. First thing, you ask yourself how much coffee you need to make in one go. Knowing this will help you to choose between single, double, or three groups.
In general, a group is the cut name for a group head, and the head is a part that holds a portafilter to make the coffee.
- One group – These machines are ideal for low strength operation. One group of machines operate only one cup at a point on 120 Volts and produce a maximum of 75 drinks per hour. These machines are meant to be for small bars, cafes, restaurants your home use with minimum requirements.
- Two groups – More the head, more coffees can be made at once. These machines are by far the most popular machines you will get both for commercial and home use. As you know, it yields about 80% of traditional machine purchases. 2 group machines are somehow compact and can meet the needs of reasonable mass. It also needed less space and meant to be less expensive. However, on the basis of researches, most of the coffee houses for at least a year used 94.6% commercial espresso machine with two groups of the 5.4% used a single group.
- Three groups – These group coffee appliances are agreed upon for higher bulk cafes. If you have great resources to start a business, you hopeful then need a three group. They also go best on college campuses, train stations, and drive-thrus. These 3 group coffee machines offer all the benefits of a larger burner, an extra head, a larger warmer, and fast brewing. They are built for abundant cafes and coffee houses with more demand for large numbers of cups. In a useful way or traditional, this machine offers excellent aid and style.
- Four Group – Last but not least, one of the most expensive and less consuming devices. There are many fewer cafes that opt for these machines for their business. First, it is costly and occupies two machines’ space. Unless you have some very unique purpose for having it, you can go with this.
- Types of Machines
Basically, there are three machines Manual, Semi-automatic, and Super-automatic. Most of the high-grade cafes, restaurants, or shops go with either super or semi-automatic coffee machines as they are capable of producing high quantity compared to the manual ones. Each of them has some advantages and disadvantages. Here we go-
1. Manual Machine – Manual machines are built to be used by home users or small scale cafes. Most of the manual machines are called Piston machines. These piston machines feature a lever on the group in the term where you have to press the bar to pull a shot. It needs a force for which liquid passes through the ground espresso coffee to extract the right amount.
These types of machines required the most skill on the side of the operator. It also comes with one head that produces less amount and is not capable of having in a large cafe. Until and unless you owe a small scale cafe.
2. Semi-Automatic – These machines often come in two or three groups and mostly used by cafes and restaurants. Semi-automatic espresso machines have one button per group. The reason is that the worker must start and stop the pouring manually. As many of the appliances that come with two or three groups may help you in brewing and saving time. Also, these machines required more staff training to get the right shot without a mess. This type of device sounds easy enough compared to manual devices. It even efficiently extracts the espresso shots in less time.
For most of the reasons, single and double group appliances are common because when a drink is being made at a time, it is easy to have a watch and control. One advantage it offers you is its low cost because they rely on an older pressure stat system, temp stability, and some computer board terms. However, the device has a pump to automate pressurization, and the user is allowed to turn on/off the pump with a switch. This system still allows the user to control the extraction and strength while pumping the pressurized shot.
3. Super Automatic – By its name, you’ve got some idea what this machine is going to do or have. Fully or super-automatic, both have intuitive pumps and strength. Almost all the appliances use electronic, programmable computer board systems to control the various functions. For the vast majority of coffee bars and coffee houses, these machines are available in one to four group contours. It also has four programmable buttons per group and one manual button. The program buttons can be set to fill a specific amount of coffee. After the estimated amount of java has been obtained, the machine will end “automatically.”
However, it provides a more uniform shot than semi-automatic models and is simpler to use as the worker does not have to measure the shot amounts. They are popular in the market for those areas where producing a genuine product is essential despite operator turnover. But somehow, these machines required more maintenance and service. Many high-quality machines have an auto cleaning cycle, decalcification, and self-diagnostics with printouts. The disadvantage it includes is its high price, which is 20% to 25% more costly than semi-automatic versions of the same model.
- Power & Boiler
One of the important things to remember when selecting a machine is the power element. The potential of a machine links to its steaming potential. Generally, the more uses and features the devices have, the more energy the engine will require. Also, the higher the wattage, the more steaming room the machine has. A heat exchange machine usually varies from 15-25amp depending on the set of groups, while a multi-boiler can claim up to 40amp.
Along with power, when you buy a commercial machine, you should also consider its boiler capacity. Most of the smaller devices may include single or dual boilers. If your machine holds a single burner, then it cannot make espresso and steam milk simultaneously. If it has a double, then it can.
The massive commercial machines always come with one large at a higher temperature for creating steam and one at a lower temperature for brewing coffee. However, the size is something to be regarded, as a larger burner takes a longer time to boil but holds the heat for longer. These types of machines are considered as more temperature stable as the head heat is not changed by the steam boiler temperature. This results in a more consistent flavor in the cup.
The most basic mode of automatic coffee machines – Volumetrics. These are the programmable touch buttons that allow the operator to set the different doses for different coffee cups. This is the main key of your device, controlled by a flowmeter, and delivers a fixed amount of liquid and coffee each time you hit the button.
Each type of machine with the various groups will be able to manage the different amounts of drinks. So it’s essential to try to imagine what your product size will be. This might be hard for a new house, but make a note where your coffee house is going to be open, and the quantity of the customers at your selected location at different times. Hopefully, this will help you out to pick the right machine with the right size productivity.
- Ease of Maintenance
As owing an all professional, high-performance equipment, maintenance is a vital point. This refers to the cleaning cycle and handling of the machine. Most of the automatic machines come with an auto cleaning cycle and night mode. This factor saves energy, time, and money by reducing labor and electricity each.
Night mode is something that lowers the temperature of the boiler during longspun breaks in service. It also means that in the morning, the machine will heat up much quicker as it does not heat from quite cold.
However, its worth to have everyday routines like cleaning the machine and the ease of getting it fixed in case of particular issues. It will help in increasing the lifespan of your device. At the same time, almost all of the electronic appliances are designed to free you and staff and provide some ease of cleaning.
They come with a self-cleaning option but still need to be descaled regularly for smooth operation. Some of them even feature removable parts and have to be manually cleaned. Overall, whichever commercial espresso machine you choose for your coffee house, office, or your home, make sure that it is long-lasting and, in case of problem, easy to fix.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How much a commercial machine cost?
These types of machines are an essential part of your cafe, coffee shop, or restaurant. Basically, it depends on what kind of model and feature of the device you choose. If you want a machine with more features (super-automatic), it will cost more than a primary one. As for a first average device will cost anywhere from $3000 and up to $4000.
2. What kind of espresso machines are best for small cafes?
For small counter space or small budget cafes, you should favor some 2 groups or 3 group machines. 2 group machines are somehow compact and can satisfy the needs of reasonable volume. Whereas, 3 group coffee machines offer all the profits of a larger boiler, an extra head, larger cup warmer, and fast brewing.
3. How many cups does commercial coffee machines make?
A high volume machine with 3 or 4 groups would brew 200-500 cups per day. As these group machines are built for abundant cafes and coffee houses with more demand for large numbers of coffees. They provide all the satisfying needs in one device.