In a Hurry? Our Top 2 Picks to Buy!
1. Ninja CM407
2. Hamilton Beach 2-Way
Morning needs a superb routine for starting the day with full energy. Wake up, get out of bed, dress-up, and grab a sturdy morning coffee brewing mug. As most of us start our day with a refreshing and aromatic drink that blows your mind and eyes. Nothing beats the freshly brewed home-made drink, so you don’t have to run to the store to buy high-quality coffee. Want to drink a good glass? Then it would be best if you had great facilities right in front of you that allow you to prepare an aromatic cup o’ joe without leaving the place.
Everyone is different, and of course, with a different waking system in the morning. To find the right coffee maker, you’ve to discover your needs and how much effort you want to put into brewing your brew. It’s obvious to have a coffee lover in each home, having a great drip-coffee machine in the kitchen allows coffee lovers to get barista level coffee at home. To help make your choice more accessible, we have come up with a drip coffee product that values your money.
And as you know, other types of coffee makers take lots of space in the kitchen, and they are a bit expensive as comper to drip makers. It is more compact, useful, easy to access, and helps you to save the space without missing any feature of your kitchen.
We’ve prepared a list of Best Drip Coffee Makers based on Customer Reviews and our Market Research.
We highly recommend you to read our buying guide located towards the bottom of this post. Grab your seats and make the right choice for your kitchen in your budget.
Top 10 Drip Coffee Makers in 2021
|Drip Coffee Maker||Weight||Brewing Capacity|
|Ninja CM407||5.6 kg||10 cups|
|Hamilton Beach||2.9 kg||12 cups|
|Breville BDC450||1.4 kg||12 cups|
|Technivorm KBT||3.1 kg||10 cups|
|Mr. Coffee||4.3 kg||10 cups|
|KitchenAid KCM1204OB||4 kg||12 cups|
|OXO BREW||3.4 kg||4-12 cups|
|Bonavita BV1900TS||2.7 kg||8 cups|
|Cuisinart DCC-3200P1||4 kg||14 cups|
|Ninja Hot and Cold Brewed System||5.0 kg||10 cups|
Which are the Top 10 Best Drip Coffee Makers in 2021?
1. Ninja CM407 Specialty Coffee Maker
|Dimensions||12(L) x 8.8(W) x 15(H) inches|
|Power Rate||1500 Watts|
|Material||Plastic, stainless steel, rubber|
|Brewing Capacity||10 cups|
The Ninja CM407 focuses more on durability as related to versatility. It brews super-rich coffee like lattes, macchiato, cappuccinos, and other coffeehouse-style drinks with full concentration. You can also consider it as the best espresso machines in the market. This model CM407 is somehow very close in feature to the CP307. You can brew your beverages in 6 different sizes with CM407 and uses a built-in brew basket. It is a pod off coffee maker that gives unlimited varieties, customized brew, and less plastic waste.
Just like CP307, the CM407 also features a foldable milk frother for more generous storage and service. It comes with a thermal carafe and a 50 oz transparent tank, and this means you can easily brew anything from a travel cup too and full carafe for the whole family. This great coffee maker lets you make chilled coffee brewing over hot or any other fresh beverage you like. One of the exciting traits is its Auto-IQ one-touch intelligent function. It will automatically calibrate the necessary temp and water saturation according to your chosen drink.
- You can make classic & creamy high quality flavored latte, cappuccino, macchiato, ice coffee, and many other beverages.
- In terms of sizes, CM407 can make both the single-serve cups and large, office-satisfying pots.
- It is a pod-free coffee maker that gives you unlimited varieties.
- This coffee maker is so convenient that you can control your own caffeine experience.
- It uses a high-quality Auto-IQ one-touch function to operate each function.
- It also uses an advanced Thermal Extraction technology for getting the full flavor potential of your grinds.
- You can even set the timer and tapped the “delay button” for preparing coffee at a predetermined time.
- It gives you many convenient options to make your morning easier.
- Its clock can be adjusted down to the min and hours with both AM/PM times.
- Enjoy making creamy milk foam base drink with its fold-away frother as you can easily fold it when you are not going to make any milk beverage.
- This coffee maker is SCA certified, which means it provides the highest approved coffee at home.
- No doubt about its performance, but it has a big flaw in over brewing the drinks. However, the internal temp goes up to 208°F, which is not desirable for the optimal cup of java.
- The carafe is not dishwasher safe.
2. Hamilton Beach 2-Way Brewer Coffee Maker
|Dimensions||10.5(L) x 10.25(W) x 14(H) inches|
|Material||Brushed Stainless Steel & Plastic|
|Power Rate||110 Volt|
|Brewing Capacity||12 cups|
Hamilton is for all the real coffee drinkers and aficionados who want to avoid long cafe lines and need pain free morning with a cup of joe. This affordable coffee maker comes with dual programmable capabilities. On one side, you can brew 12 glass straight, and on other, it offers you to brew a single cup or a long travel glass of coffee. And it also lets you choose the brew strength and program to brew coffee before you wake up. With this, you can get some beauty sleep for more than five min, as its hours and minutes features let you program your ideal drinking time up to 24 hours in advance.
This spotless steel cup drip machine with a black plastic look makes it chic and durable, although blends perfectly in any decor. You will surely appreciate the pleasant minimal interface of a handful of buttons and a bright digital layout. Fear no more, you can brew 12 mugs of a coffee pod or a single glass. It has a best single-serve basket that comes with a permanent mesh sieve for coffee grounds that fits the brew basket and also allows you to use soft pods and pre-packed coffee powder. And on the other side of the carafe, it uses a paper coffee filter in its basket.
However, a plastic cup rest underneath the single-serve dispenser lifts a cup height enough so that coffee flows right into it and does not create a mess. Plus, on the carafe side, you can brew at once or program the timer on the front as 24 hours in advance, so when you wake up, you get a fresh coffee in the pod. If you forget to turn it off, then no worries, its hot plate keeps the drink hot after brewing and shut off automatically after 2 hours.
- This is the best drip coffee maker which lets you cook a single cup for yourself and a complete carafe for the family.
- It includes a 12 cup glass carafe. However, you can use your fav pre-ground coffee for making up to 10 oz. or 14 oz along with K-cup.
- One feature that makes this machine super convenient is its built-in minimum and maximal 2 holders both with water windows.
- It has a separate heater for the carafe which makes it the best single-serve machine also.
- You can control the brew strength to regular or bold.
- The control dialers and display come with hour and min buttons to program the brewing time.
- This machine is easy to use, and all the removable elements are secure with a dishwasher and the rest can be wiped with a clean damp cloth.
- It shuts off automatically after 2 hours.
- This coffee maker has lots of useful features like programable setting, strength control, and Senseo pod agreement.
- You can make a single cup and carafe at one time.
- You have to fill the tank from the cup you’re going to use unless there will be a chance of overflow.
3. Breville BDC450 Precision Brewer Coffee Maker
|Dimensions||12.4(W)” x 6.7(D)”x 15.7(H)”|
|Power Rate||110-120 Volt, 1650 Watts|
|Brewing Capacity||12 cups|
|Technologies||PID, Thermocoil heating system|
The world’s leading 60 oz cup drip coffee maker with the precision claimed to brew craft filter coffee. It gives you the strength to brew cafe-quality coffee right at your home. Its stainless silver and plastic finish looks stylish and stands out in your kitchen very well. It highlights a visible water reservoir made with reinforced plastic. While it has a marking that makes it easy to measure the level of water.
Thanks to its PID controller that helps in adjusting the digital temp control. And the pump selector from 3 different flow rates to optimize contact time. Its Thermocoil heating method delivers hot water that is purer than a typical brewing system that uses aluminum.
The Breville Precision Brewer lets you control all the phases of the brewing cycle. Starting from the water flow to brewing temperature. It allows customizing the parameters like bloom time, temp, and flow rate to revise the particular coffee you’re using. You can brew any coffee volume with its flat support, gold-color cone sieve, and a cone basket with a #4 paper filter.
Thanks to its auto ‘Steep and Release’ technology valve. This valve holds the water in contact with the coffee when small mugs are being brewed. And it changes the brewing mode itself when it doesn’t detect the carafe in place. You will get thrilled to know that this machine has an auto-on function that prepares your grounds and brew setting before you wake up.
Enjoy the perfect, well-balanced coffee precisely the way you like with its 6 unique brewing modes. The automatic Presets and customizable mode include- Gold, fast, strong, iced, cold brew, and My Brew settings. All this starts with the press on a button, and you have a full pot of craft filter coffee in just a few minutes.
The fast and strong brewing modes stand exactly with their name what they sound, and Gold way makes the java according to the Specialty Coffee Association’s Golden rules. However, ice setting brews over the hot drink, and cold brew is meant to run overnight for getting delicious and smooth cold coffee.
- This drip machine lets you make up to 12 cups of joe with its different baskets.
- It is the no. 1 Precision Brew Maker that comes with 6 different brewing modes.
- The LCD bright display looks sober in the daytime, and its blue radiance shines like a miniature LED nightstand at night.
- The water reservoir comes with a clear transparent polymer glass with level measurement.
- Thanks to its patent-pending Steep & Release valve for making small or single cups too.
- The brewing will stop itself if it detects that the carafe is not in its place.
- It’s Gold cup standard automatically adjust the water temp and brew timing.
- With the My brew option, you can make craft fine-tune coffee according to your taste by tweaking the bloom timing.
- The carafe with brew through lid keeps the java hot for much longer than a glass jug.
- This brewer is effortless to clean as the basket, and thermal carafe needs to be rinsed under the running water.
- Tweaking the single button/dial makes a smooth change in brewing.
- Some parts are not dishwasher safe.
- The water container is not removable.
- No built-in grinder.
4. Technivorm KBT Coffee Brewer
|Dimensions||15.25″(H) X 11.50″(W) X 6.75″(D)|
|Material||Aluminum, Stainless Steel|
|Power Rate||120 Volt, 1400 Watts|
|Brew Time||4-5 min|
|Brewing Capacity||10 cups|
If you want a real taste of coffee beans, then consider Technivorm Moccamaster KBT as the right choice. This model features a thermal carafe and a manual movable drip-stop basket, which provides adjustability of how fast coffee flows into the carafe. The KBT brews 40 oz pot of coffee in just six minutes, what else you want now? However, it is hand-made in Netherland and approved by the SCA, which uses a superb grade plastic and pure steel to make it BPA/BPS/BPF & phthalate-free.
The Technivorm Moccamaster uses a copper boiling element that heats the water at ideal brewing temperature and shuts off itself once it gets the desired heat. It has a transparent water tank with a wide mouth marked by both cups and liters, making the filling easy. Although, the KBT 741 separate hot plat brews at the control of 195-205° F from the start to finish so you can get quick heat water to the optimal temperature. And on the other hand, it’s incredible dual coil heater with a 1400 W power range keeps the water saturation ideal.
It’s 9-holed showerhead nozzle, sprays ground coffee with hot water that produces even saturation and full extraction. The manual adjust brew basket has three settings controlled by a toggle switch on the front of the basket. It has a lever that lets you slow down the drip and even steep your coffee longer. You can also close the brew basket and pull the carafe aside while the brewer is brewing, and the machine will automatically pause its operation. With its dual-walled steel carafe, you can keep your coffee hot with the same taste for up to 5 hours.
- The KBT brews up to 10 cups (1.25 L) of coffee per batch.
- It has a thermal carafe that keeps the drink hot for up to 5 hours.
- Its cool and transparent water storage made with durable metal protection and sustainable plastic.
- It uses a unique, copper boiling element that rapidly heats water to control the brewing temperature.
- This machine automatically stops when the water store gets blank.
- Its cone-shaped basket with a spray-head takes about 5 minutes to brew a perfect coffee and uses #4 paper or gold-tone changeless sieve.
- The Technivorm Moccamaster is also known as “Brew Thru Lid” because of the carafe that perfectly fits on the bottom.
- This machine comes with a trouble-free part and easily get rinsed.
- This brand uses recycled material to take care of the environment.
- KBT home coffeemaker is certified by the Specialty Coffee Association (SCA).
- It takes a bit of counter space.
- The machine needs descaling after every 100 uses.
- Its plastic parts are not dishwasher friendly.
5. Mr. Coffee 10 Cup Coffee Maker
|Dimensions||14.33(H) x 13.11(W) x 8.7(D)inches|
|Power Rate||1300 Watts|
|Brew Time||5-6 min|
|Brewing Capacity||10 cups|
Do you want to start the day with a satisfying cup of coffee then grab this fantastic Mr. Coffee that is designed for extracting the exact flavor. It combines a high-quality brew temperature of up to 205° C and faster the brew sizes speed. It includes a removable water container and a filter basket that can be easily lifted out for fast filling and cleaning. However, Water filtration reduces the chlorine up to 97 % for better tasting. You can brew up to 10 cups in less than seven minutes to ensure a full-bodied flavor uprooting. You can even set the timer, so it starts the process at your selected time as when you wake up, you will get freshly prepared coffee.
The dual-walled thermal carafe holds the fresh flavor and temp, without any hot plate. This technology works to lock the heat and maintain the taste you want to have. Since it has an auto-pause system that pauses the cycle and grabs a cup before the process has finished. All the programmable convenience include like Delay Brew to stir your senses as you wake up to sweet-smelling afresh brewed coffee, and a Grab-A-Cup auto-pause, for getting a rich-tasty cup. However, its auto-shutoff system makes it a best coffee maker for switching after 2 hours and saves your money and energy too.
- It offers a removable water tank and sieve basket for easy to clean and effortless filling.
- This machine comes with a water purifier and a carafe. It reduces the chlorine up to 97% and gifts you a better taste.
- Its ‘Pause N Serve system allows you to pour a cup during the cycle.
- The 2-hour auto-off automatically switch-off the machine.
- The fresh timer alert keeps you on track and serves you a pure coffee.
- It’s uniquely easy to clean cycle helps in eliminating calcium build-up.
- It has an effortless control panel which does all the task by itself.
- Some of the pre-powdered coffee stuck on the filter.
- It needs cleaning after 100 uses for better performance.
6. KitchenAid KCM1204OB 12-Cup Coffee Maker
|Dimensions||11.7(W) x 9.1(L) x 15.2(H) inches|
|Material||Solid Plastic, Glass, Steel|
|Power Rate||120 Volt, 1100 Watts|
|Brewing Capacity||12 cups|
Let’s start the day with this one-touch and 24 hours cup programmable coffeemaker that brews coffee just the way you want. It gives your kitchen a retro look as it is available in two colors, which goes better with your kitchen. It can reach up to 195° to 205° F within 5-6 min as the industry standards and indicates the coffee concentration. The one-touch brew button gives you 12 cups at one go and solves all the caffeine requirements you want. You can even program it up to 24 hours in advance, so in the morning, you get a perfect gift from this KCM1204OB.
It comes with a variable brew strength selector to choose between bold or regular strengths. At the same, it promises a full-serve cup each time. However, you can make a entire carafe or small batches by switching to a small batch mode that automatically adjusts the optimize heat and saturation time. For instance, brew 12 or 2-3 cups as you like. Also, the pause and pour feature stops the brew sizes cycle and allows one to pour a cup before brewing is completed. With a cover, handle comfort pour the liquid quickly from the glass carafe into your glass.
- All the parts of this machine are simple to clean.
- It is well designed that gives a feel of retro style.
- Simple to use and operate.
- You can make 12 cups with this straightforward machine with your one touch.
- The 24-hour programmable coffeemaker promises you to get ready to drink coffee once you wake up with its set a timer.
- Its brew strength selector gives you an option between regular and bold strength and a guarantee of a full cup every time.
- This KitchenAid offers a pause and our feature so you can start caffeinating right on.
- It has a digital display that keeps you update exactly what you are going to getting at the next time you stop at a pot.
- It has a glass carafe that might not keep your drink hot for long as to compare thermal.
- The warming silverware slightly burns the taste of coffee if kept for too long.
7. OXO Brew 9 Cup Coffee Maker
|Dimensions||6.73(D) x 14.17(W) x 15.24(H) inches|
|Power Rate||120 Volt, 3.9 Watts|
|Brew Time||9 min|
|Brewing Capacity||4-12 cups|
If you have done so with drinking the same terrible coffee every day to survive, then OXO Brew is the right choice for you. It gives you all the control over brewing, water temp, and volume for making or breaking a cup pot. It gives you a first-class flavor of coffee with optimal temp points (197.6-204.8 degrees Fahrenheit). However, this best coffee maker is powered by a microprocessor-controlled brew cycle with a computing system that offers the same volume of coffee in the same amount of flow with fuller extraction.
It comes with a LED interface feature with a backlit screen displaying the status and freshness indicator of the coffee maker. You can use the single selector dialer, with twisting the dialer anti-clockwise make smaller groups of 2 to 4 cups. Whereas, in the clockwise direction, you get a regular 5 to 9 cups of coffee.
It’s easy as that. You can even set the schedule by holding the “OXO” button for a few seconds to activate the 24-hour timing. Once the brewing finishes, the cup icon lights up on display, and the program goes on for 60 min, so you get to know how long the coffee has been resting in the carafe.
The best thing about OXO is its solid constructed thermal carafe to retain heat effectively and keeps the coffee hot with its vacuum insulation. Its full carafe mixing tube is one of the essential parts as this tube is connected straight to the lid of the carafe. This is important to address the problem as different elements get extracted during the grinding session. Then the tube pushes the fresh brew coffee towards the bottom of the carafe for mixing it nicely.
On the other hand, the main large cylindrical body comes with a 1.3 L tank with a heating mode integrated right below it. Its clear, and a marked tank shows you the amount of water you’ve filled. Last but not least, it has a “Rainmaker Showerhead” that evenly spray water over pre-ground powder for an accurate saturation and whole flavor removal.
- OXO Brew is the best drip coffee maker with a stylish, chic look and sleek finishing.
- It comes with a thermal carafe and a clear water storage tank that enhances kitchen decor.
- This intelligent coffee maker owns an SCAA certification, which means the hallmark of a good coffee maker.
- Its automatic light-up system indicates you to descale the machine after every 90 brew cycle.
- The double-walled thermal carafe with a soft, non-slip handle allows a comfortable grip and keeps your coffee hot for a long.
- It turns off itself after an idleness of 60 minutes.
- You can make smaller batch coffee cups and even regular cups just by twisting the dial.
- It makes the easy use of a throwaway ten paper filter, conical brew basket, and wide spray-header for full saturation.
- It has a “freshness timer” that shows how long the brewed coffee stays after the cycle is finished.
- All the removable parts like a carafe, water container, shower-head are top-rack dishwasher protected. Although it’s the brew basket can also be removed for full-cleaning.
- Its water pump pauses if the carafe is removed during the pouring.
- It doesn’t have a pre-infusion mode.
- OXO drip brewer does not allow to adjust pulsing of water.
8. Bonavita BV1900TS 8-Cup One-Touch Coffee Maker
|Dimensions||12.40(L) x 6.80(W) x 12.20(H) inches|
|Material||Stainless steel, thermal carafe|
|Power Rate||1500 Watts|
|Brewing Capacity||8 cups|
If you’re looking for a one press fast and best budget coffee maker, then Bonavita BV1900TS is most suitable for you. It is designed in a way with a pre-infusion mode to copy the artisan pour-over brewing style. By operating the brewer, you will be able to have a fair cup carafe of coffee at home. It has been tested and certified by SCA to meet fair cup grade. This 8 cup coffee maker in a stainless steel encased body comes with a transparent water container.
A black-colored thermal carafe has a BPA free plastic filter basket that sits on the top of it. Thanks to its enhanced heater, which is capable of reaching and maintaining an ideal brewing coffee temp of 195° – 205°F. This powerful 1500W heater takes about 6 min to brew 8 cups carafe, and showerhead ensures the even distribution of water over the coffee powder.
The pre-infusion mode with a mimic pause the showerhead to give the coffee ground a moment to bloom with full extraction. The showerhead works in tune with its precise flat bottomed filter basket to assure equal saturation. All the functions will start on its one press button. With this, you can have your favorite roasted coffee at home.
- All the parts like a showerhead, removable filter basket, carafe lid, and the brewer lid all are dishwasher secure. And the rest can clean with a damp cloth.
- With a press of one button, Bonavita brews a full cup pot of rich coffee in 6 minutes.
- It is the best budget machine with a pre-infusion mode that mimics the pour-over brewing style by pausing the showerhead.
- Its double-walled thermal carafe keeps the drink hot much longer than a glass carafe and serves 8 cups of coffee.
- It is tested and certified by Special Coffee Association America (SCAA) as meeting its golden cup standards.
- The showerhead gives you better saturation and uniform extraction.
- It’s one button not only turns the machine on or off but also activates and deactivates the pre-infusion feature.
- The brew basket sits right straight on the carafe, which means you can’t pause the machine in between the cycle.
9. Cuisinart DCC-3200P1 Perfectemp Coffee Maker
|Dimensions||7.75(L) x 9(W) x 14(H) inches|
|Material||Plastic, Stainless Steel, Glass Carafe|
|Power Rate||800 Watts|
|Brewing Capacity||14 cups|
Go ahead with this modern and stylish kitchen appliance by Cuisinart. This stainless coffee maker adds an attractive look in your kitchen. You can make one or more of tasting coffee with the right temperature. Its 14-glass carafe includes a decorative stainless handle for a better grip. It is a fully automatic coffee maker with 24-hour programmability, self-clean, 1-4 cup setting, and auto-off function. You can even choose the regular and strong flavor profile and set the time for 24 hours ahead so your next cup gets ready when you are.
The backlit LCD screen is easy to read with an indicator light signal that alerts you when it’s time to decalcify. It has an innovative heating technology that makes the water extra hot without losing the flavor or tone of your great coffee.
The adjustable temperature control enables the users to choose higher or lower settings depending on their terms. For the case, if you prefer a piping hot cup of coffee, you can use a higher setting to maintain the warmness for a longer time. And on the other hand, select the lower setting for a smaller pot to get desire taste. It has a commercial-style permanent filter with a reusable bright tone to make brewing easy.
It has a bigger, easy-to-view water window that ensures 14 cups of joe and removes all the impurities with its charcoal water purifier.
- It has an ideal brewing ability that reaches about 200 degrees Fahrenheit.
- The brew strength control allows you to select the regular or bold coffee flavor.
- It has a reusable gold-blend filter to provide higher pressure brewing.
- It has a visible digital clock that lights up in blue color.
- The 14 glass carafe comes with a decorative stainless silver handle.
- There is a self-cleaning mode that indicates you. But you have to clean the carafe, the heating surface, the bucket where grounds are stored, and the interior filter.
- This model has a brew pause feature that will stop the extraction process, and you can steal a cup before completing the cycle.
- Its hotplate will turn off automatically in 2 hours and can be set to 4 hours as you like.
- The 24-hour cup programmable coffee maker that helps you to get your tasting coffee at your customized time. You just have to set coordination with the clock and its automatic brewing function.
- It don’ come with a thermal carafe.
- Not SCAA certified.
- Lack of a built-in grinder.
10. Ninja CP307 Hot and Cold Brewed System
|Dimensions||11.8(L) x 10(W) x 15(H) inches|
|Material||Plastic, Stainless Steel Carafe|
|Power Rate||1500 Watts|
|Brewing Capacity||10 cups|
Go with the Ninja CP307 coffee machine which is the combination of all coffee makers. It not just settle at hot or cool coffee but makes endless drink choices. It offers 6 brew cup sizes, five brew style, and a fold-away milk frother. It also comes with a 50 oz double-walled thermal carafe or even brewing directly into your mug. This machine gives you the ability to brew a hot, cold, flavorful cup of coffee and tea over ice beverage all with advanced Thermal Flavor Extraction Technology with Auto IQ.
This machine comes with a two high quality designed brew basket one for coffee powder and one for loose-leaf or bagged tea. It doesn’t mix the flavor and give you a super-rich drink. Once you decide how much you want to brew, Ninja gives you six size choices as the image appears on the screen, and you choose by your one touch. The water storage container and the control board is located on the right side.
The removable lid of the reservoir can be easily open for filling or washing. It’s smart basket recognition IQ recognize the which basket has been used and display the coffee or tea drink option. One of the fantastic features that makes you thrilled is that it auto off and on the function, just set the brewer timing before your sleep and get everything ready in the morning.
The Ninja solves the problem of getting creamy milk as it has a fold-away frother. It transforms the hot or cold milk into silky rich microfoam. You can prepare the foam with any of your chosen brew types. The brewer and the frother run separately so you can easily froth and brew at the same time. It also solved the problem of small glasses that might create a mess while dripping. It adds a retractable platform that reduces the risk and distance between the drip spot and the mug. So no worries now, simply pull down the platform and get your cup ready. Make the cappuccinos, latte, flat whites, and more with this machine.
- You can brew anything from a single small cup to a sizeable travel mug to half or the full jug.
- It has five brew styles that create anything from classic to fancy or milk frothy drinks.
- It takes just 10-15 minutes to brew and works according to your set timing.
- The warmer plate will keep your drink hot for longer, and even you can set the program for how long it should stay.
- There is a safety feature that tells when the warming base reaches a temp that is safe to be touched.
- You can brew your preferred blend of coffee powder or tea.
- It comes with a pod-free option that gives unlimited varieties, customized brewing, and less plastic wastage.
- It includes a built-in scoop that measures everything.
- It comes with an advanced Thermal Extraction Technology with Auto IQ.
- All the parts that are removable like a carafe, water reservoir, basket are washable. Even it’s a constant filter, and fold-away frother is dishwasher safe.
- This machine comes with a one year warranty.
- The frother doesn’t heat the milk so you can make cold froth.
Most Popular Coffee Maker Brands
- Hamilton Beach
- Mr. Coffee
How to choose a drip coffee machine?
Always figure out your need first that what type of coffee makers you want to buy and features you look in your device. A lot of models in the market make you confused, and investing in this type of appliance is not a joke. So here is our buying guide that helps you in selecting and acknowledge you with some essential factors you should consider while making a purchase.
This trait might be one of the important things everyone should consider first. Always look at the space you have in your kitchen or office, and then check the dimension of your selected coffee makers. It might unbalance the look of your kitchen if you’ve less space, and still, you go with a large one. Keep your counter space or shelf free from extra things as it enhances the aspect of the place and your coffee maker.
Keep this in mind that you need to be reasonable and aware of the space you have in case you have a ton of space, but it not look cool if you fill the entire area with coffee maker. It is a matter of the appearance of your kitchen and other appliances. Or if you’re not a daily coffee lover, then find a space to put it away after every use. Think about this and then look for the machine that is in size range according to your area.
2. Type of Pot
Every coffee makers come with their own pot, or somehow you have to buy them separately. As there is two pot mostly used by each brand – Thermal and glass pot. One thing you should recognize is that it should work excellently on a hot plate. However, a Thermal carafe keeps the coffee hot for long hours, whereas glass carafe fails in this. But both of them work great on the hot plate. Somehow glass carafe may burn the flavor of your coffee if you keep for too long on the plate. But not to worry, thermal pots are made with dual-wall steel that keeps your drink hot and the taste in its original state. These containers usually have a vacuum between the wall to reduce heat transfer.
On the other hand, glass containers have to depend on hot plates to keep the liquid warm until you have it. However, they have a beautiful appearance and usually cheaper than thermal options. It can be fancier and suitable for formal personation. Each of them has its own good points and bad, but it depends on your choice of who you want to go.
3. Programmable setting
Some drip brewers are simple and do nothing just make a cup of java once they get started. On the other side, some come with programmable settings that can be turned on/off whenever you want. They also remain hot for a specific hour and go off automatically if kept idle. This feature could be useful for those who want to enjoy the morning. The basic programmable options include a control button, where you can set the temperature, hour, amount of standards you need, the pause, and serve button in case you need a cup during the process. All the functions are done by you one-touch, and you will get a ready to drink cup.
Although this feature reduces the cleaning process, and make cup programmable coffee makers easy to use. You just need to set the program once, and you’re set to have your coffee at the regular tempo you want. Some of them also have a self-cleaning system in which a push of button for easy to clean process that happens in front of you. Does this trait matters to you? If yes, then you should think about this once when you’re watching some coffee appliances. It will surely save the time of those who have a busy schedule.
4. Amount of coffee you drink
The one thing you should focus on is the no. of family members and how much they will drink on average. For case, if you live in a house of coffee enthusiasts, then it would be worth investing in that who produce many mugs at a time. There are many coffee makers with large brewing capacity along with a carafe that serves 12- 15 standards in one go. In that case, automatic drip machines are best as they have different programmable options that do all the work on their own. All you have to do is select the no. of mugs, temp, strength, and wait for your beverages.
However, if you or your partner is the one in a house who loves to have coffee regularly, then perhaps a single-serve coffee makers brew only one cup at a time is the right choice for you. As a single-serve coffee maker is also easy to use, even a novice can use it. Some of it requires a pod that usually comes in various flavors and is easy to use as compare to coffee powder or filter. So, think about who all in your family will be drinking coffee and how much they will possibly drink.
5. SCA Certified
The SCA is a Special Coffee Association, and it is responsible for testing a machine that meets all the SCA standards, including a drip coffee maker. It is not necessary to choose a device with a certification, but if you consider this point, then go with an SCA-certified machine.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Which are the top 3 coffee brands that are SCA certified?
- Technivorm KBT
2. How long can I keep my coffee maker on?
It depends on the model and its feature. If your coffee maker has an auto-off function, it will shut down straight after 1 or 2 hours. Some machine that comes without any programmable options tends to be shut off after 30 minutes as they can destroy the coffee flavor and the machine performance.
3. What is the correct temperature for brewing coffee?
According to the studies, the optimal brewing water temperature should be between 195 to 205 ° F for flawless extraction.
4. Is drip coffee machines use filters?
Yes, they are one of the standard coffee machines that use permanent or paper filters. A paper filter for this machine will either be flat base or cone-shaped, depending on the model. Also, with a long-lasting filter that can easily take the same shapes, however, it usually has a flat-bottom way.
5. What coffee brand should I choose for iced coffee?
These two are the top brand with the best budget that will surely serve you a chilled coffee Breville and Ninja.