You’re ready to jump around the summer days, where coffee fans turn toward more refreshing caffeine fix. As we know, many coffee shops are closed due to the pandemic, but the best way to get a cold brew isn’t, you can make it by yourself, all in your comfort.
Cold brew is the new trendy thing to have in summer. Instead of stepping out of your house, you can aim to stop the summer attitude of going to the coffee shop for an overpriced cup. Whereas brewing coffee at home under full attention gives a deep, sweet taste that is quite fair and more worth than buying an overpriced coffee. It’s quite simple to make and handle, as compared to the bigger one.
Some of you may think cold and iced coffee are the same as they defined as “cold or “great for hot days,” but they’re not the same. The cold brewed coffee steeps the beans under room temperature for extraction for up to 12 hours. And Iced coffee uses hot water and then poured over the ice. Luckily many dedicated coffee makers make the 12 to 24 hours brewing process easy.
Here the list of Best Cold Brew Coffee Makers based on the market research and the customer reviews. It will help you in upgrading your kitchen and selecting the best from the market. We highly recommend you read our buying guide located below the study, which allows you to purchase the right one.
Top 10 Cold Brew Coffee Makers in 2020
|Cuisinart DCB-10C||7 cups||5.50 lbs||CHECK PRICE|
|Toddy||7 cups||1.48 lbs||CHECK PRICE|
|OXO Good Grips||5-7 cups||4.65 lbs||CHECK PRICE|
|Takeya Patented||5-6 cups||12 ounces||CHECK PRICE|
|Hario Mizudashi||4 to 4.5 cups||11.2 ounces||CHECK PRICE|
|Primula Burke Deluxe||6 cups||1.75 lbs||CHECK PRICE|
|KitchenAid||14 Cups||5.5 lbs||CHECK PRICE|
|Coffee Gator||5-7 cups||1.76 lbs||CHECK PRICE|
|Ovalware Airtight||6- 6.5 cups||1.3 lbs||CHECK PRICE|
|OXO BREW||5-7 cups||1.39 lbs||CHECK PRICE|
Which are the Top 10 Best Cold Brew Coffee Makers in 2020?
1. Cuisinart DCB-10C
|Size: 6.50 x 13.50 x 9.75 inches||Material: Plastic & Stainless Steel|
|Capacity: 7 cups||Weight: 5.50 lbs|
|Auto-off: Yes||Brew Settings: Adjustable|
Enjoy your summer cold coffee drinks with Cuisinart Automatic coffee maker. It takes up the minimum space of your kitchen or refrigerator rack. Instead of steeping coffee grounds for hours, this device ensures to deliver superior coffee in 25 minutes. This process makes the coffee 67% less acidic than what you get from old brewing systems.
The design of Cuisinart is similar to that of an old slow drip coffee maker. The S/S filter basket and water reservoir are at the top, and under is the glass pitcher for the pouring. The water tank is removable, making the filling easier, whether you use the tap or pitcher.
One exciting feature is its spinning basket at the top that stirs the coffee powder to extract the right flavor. This process takes up to 20-25 minutes, depending on your taste likings. This machine is easy to use with a one-button press to start the process. It has a clear case and a flavor strength control to choose from mild, medium, or bold coffee.
What we like
- Its 7 cup carafe comes with a removable stainless steel filter lid and can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
- The filter basket inside the water tank is made of S/S mesh, so no paper purifiers are needed.
- All the parts are removable and dishwasher safe.
- It can make 7 cups in as little as 25 minutes.
- The coffee discharge lever comes with indicator light.
- Its strength selector for mild takes 25 min, medium 35 min, and bold 45 min, depending on your taste.
- The chamber is transparent, so it’s obvious to view the spinning process.
What we don’t like
- The quick cold brew maker doesn’t end in a deep and complex flavor.
- It brews only seven drinkable cups.
2. Toddy 1 EA Cold Brew Maker
|Size: 7.25 x 7.25 x 12.50 inches||Material: Plastic & Glass|
|Capacity: 7 cups||Weight: 1.48 lbs|
|Included: reusable Felt Filters (2), Rubber Stopper (1), Paper Filter Samples (3)|
Create a “Coffee House” and serve hot and iced coffee in your home’s comfort. This coffee maker is ideal for making tea and coffee while killing the bitterness joined with hot brewing methods.
The Toddy brewer uses a two-part wool and paper filter for a sediment-free cold brew concentrate. This filter is reusable with a short lifespan, changed after 10 to 12 uses, or every three months. However, its small brewing vessel and decanter allow you to secure and put in the fridge for up to two weeks.
It is the most straightforward cold coffee maker that can be easily taken to the camping. Deceptively simple and exceptionally pleasant. Pour the coarse coffee ground and cold water into the brewer container, steep it for 12-24 hours, and then filter it into the glass container.
The result is a super-smooth, 67% less acidic, and easier for your stomach. Use this cold brew system to brew your favorite tea leaves, rich, smooth iced coffee, or a flavorful yet refined cup of hot coffee.
What we like
- It works with regular coffee beans and creates a 67% less acidic coffee.
- This cold brew coffee maker is capable of making hot and tea.
- It comes with a brewing vessel with a handle, glass decanter with lid, 2 reusable filters, and 1 rubber stopper.
- This cold brew system is famous for making iced coffee and ideal tea.
- It keeps the coffee fresh for 2 to 3 days, although simple to use and easy to store.
What we don’t like
- It comes with a 1-year limited warranty.
- The detachable rubber plug at the bottom of the brewer can leak if not properly inserted.
3. OXO Good Grips Cold Brew Coffee Maker
|Size: 9.5 x 4 x 14.7 inches||Material: Borosilicate Glass|
|Capacity: 5-7 cups||Weight: 4.65 lbs|
|Included: Ultra-fine Mesh Filter, Perforated Rainmaker|
This big brewer might be a counter hog but covered all the hard work into ease for making a smooth cold brew. It is simple as it looks but gives you barista-quality results in less time. The unit includes seven parts, the patented rainmaker, brewing container, S/S filter, filter cap, a glass pitcher, and more. The coffee maker’s top section includes a Rainmaker water dispenser, container, and the filter cap.
It rainmaker dispensers shower the head over the coffee by evenly spread holes that allow water to slow drip over the coffee’s entire surface. This helps to decrease any over-extraction and bitterness in your coffee. However, its S/S filter is washable, reusable, and quite useful, stopping grounds from dropping into the coffee.
The glass vessel into which the cold brewed coffee feels very delicious and delicate, with clear marking and silicon seal top. It makes it a more lovely and useful vessel. You can opt for a paper filter for even more clarity, but the built-in screen is an eco-friendly element. After calmly waiting 18 hours of steeping, press the no-mess-up relief switch to get the best cold brewed coffee straight into your cup.
What we like
- The rainmaker lid helps to get uniform extraction.
- This cold brew maker is perfect for large groups.
- The net filter prevents the coffee ground from spilling into the coffee and results as a very smooth and flavorful drink.
- Its ultra-fine filter is removable for more natural cleaning.
- It also works excellent to brew tea.
- The brew-release switch gives a no-mess-up brewing experience.
What we don’t like
- It is not an ideal coffee maker for a small countertop.
- Its body is built entirely from plastic, which tends to get a stain.
- It can’t make large batches.
4. Takeya Patented Deluxe Cold Brew
|Size: 5 x 7.5 x 9.5 inches||Material: BPA-free Plastic|
|Capacity: 5-6 cups||Weight: 12 ounces|
|Included: Fine mesh filter|
Use this for a quick and easy way to make a delicious coffee. Takeya’s coffee maker delivers the natural, delicious flavor and leaves behind the bitter oils and fatty acids. It is an excellent choice for easy brewing. It is made of 100% BPA free plastic, uses stainless steel filter fit for hot or cold brewing. Meanwhile, you get no particles seeping through into your potion.
However, this 1-quart brewer is portable that it can travel with you anywhere you want. It makes 5-6 serving coffee cups and has an airtight, leakproof lid. It won’t cause spillage, so without worrying, take it anywhere.
All the parts of this appliance are dishwasher safe and fit in most of the refrigerator gate. Brewing can be done overnight, add 14-16 tablespoons of your favorite medium roast ground to the lid, let the sealing lid airtight, shake well, and steep in freezer up to 36 hours to cold. The result creates a well-balanced, smooth, and powerful coffee to use in hot or iced coffee drinks.
What we like
- It works with any coarse ground and gives an acidic-free and smooth taste.
- The plastic Tritan pitcher with an airtight lid & non-slip silicone handle makes this coffee maker durable.
- The fine mesh coffee filter keeps grounds out of the brewed pot.
- The strong coffee stays fresh in the coffee maker for up to 2 weeks.
- All the parts are removable, which makes it portable and dishwasher safe.
What we don’t like
- It only makes small batches.
- Too simple.
5. Hario Mizudashi Cold Brew Coffee Pot
|Size: 20 x 14 x 24 inches||Material: Heatproof Glass|
|Capacity: 4-4.5 cups||Weight: 11.2 ounces|
|Included: Built-in mesh filter|
The Hario Mizudashi coffee pot is an excellent, portable choice for traveling enthusiasts. The company has been designing the brewing gear since before you were born. This Mizudashi includes a simple built-in metal filter that is reusable and replaces the paper purifiers’ role. It is a simple coffee maker that even your kid can make delicious coffee for you.
The all-in-one design is merging the brewer into the heatproof glass carafe. The slim, modern, and straightforward concept designing makes it an excellent option for any kitchen.
This specific 1000 ml carafe can make 4 to 5 cups at one time, which is suitable for a small gathering. However, the lid, handle, and the filter frame are made with the sturdy hard plastic, which will last for a long time if you take good care of it.
What we like
- It’s all pieces that are removable and washable too.
- One of the best things is its reusable filter, which saves you from buying a paper cleaner.
- This coffee maker is made in Japan with heatproof glass and sturdy hard plastic handle, lid, and filter frame.
- It can produce 5 cups of servings at one time, which is good to serve small groups.
- This coffee maker takes up little space and fits into any racks.
- It is just so damn easy to use, which makes this coffee maker better for brewing.
What we don’t like
- The serving carafe is unable to serve large gatherings like Toddy brewer.
- Its length is tall for some racks or refrigerators.
6. Primula Burke Deluxe Cold Brewer
|Size: 7.64 × 5.16 × 8.7 inches||Material: Borosilicate Glass|
|Capacity: 6 cups||Weight: 1.75 lbs|
|Included: Removable Filter|
Save yourself from trips to upscale coffee shops, and make your favorite iced coffee drinks at home. The Burke keeps coffee fresh for up to 7 days, specially designed with filter and Borosilicate container. The filter and the carafe clean up quickly and are removable.
Its cold brewing process extracts the unique and delicious flavor compounds from the coffee grounds. However, this process is simple but takes the time, and desires care to make a perfect joe cup. It prepares a great cup of coffee with 65% less acidic good for the stomach.
The temperature safe glass, protective holder, and comfortable grip handle make this carafe a durable coffee maker. It is specially designed with a sealed lid to store the freshness for days and days. Large enough to serve multiple groups with drip-free pour mouth. So enjoy the experience from the convenience of your home.
What we like
- It allows you manual brewing of your favorite coffee to enjoy a refreshing iced cup or mug of joe.
- The tall glass pitcher is perfect for both brewing and multiple serving, yet fits inside most refrigerator doors.
- Its non-slip silicone base protects the glass from accidental slips.
- It also has a durable holder and a comfortable grip handle for smooth and drip-free pouring.
- Its fine mesh screen keeps the coffee ground and oil out of your coffee.
- The carafe and the screen are dishwasher safe, making clean up a breeze.
What we don’t like
- It could not fit it into the door of some fridge.
- It doesn’t come with a scoop and funnel.
7. KitchenAid KCM4212SX Coffee Maker
|Size: 6.9 x 7 x 8 inches||Material: Glass & Stainless Steel|
|Capacity: 14 cups||Weight: 5.5 lbs|
|Included: Steeper, Steeper lid, Glass brew jar|
For a tasty cold brew coffee, treat yourself to a smooth and balanced cold brew at home. This Kitchenaid cold brew model is very compact, beginner-friendly, that produces a tasty coffee cup. However, it is designed to make large batches all at once.
It has a winning and durable pattern made from thick glass and stainless steel. A sturdy glass container helps protect the taste and keep the coffee fresh for up to two weeks. However, its small size is ideal to fit in any fridge or kitchen shelf.
Thanks to its reusable stainless steel steeping basket that allows you to brew the beverage of your choice. It provides fast speed and peace of mind that you’ll have every day without worrying about running out of filters. Its mesh screen is excellent, with a small handle that makes it amazingly easy to remove and wash the basket.
You would like its built-in S/S tap to assign the cold brew, simply twist the nozzle on the top of the valve, and your coffee comes running. Plus, its carrying handle transfers a full cold brew machine from your fridge to your serving table. Isn’t it so helpful and effortless?
What we like
- It gives a smooth, rich, full-bodied flavor and serves up to 14 cups.
- The beautiful, streamlined glass and S/S design give it an attractive look, which looks great on any kitchen shelf.
- It has a built-in tap that dispenses the coffee straight to the cup without any mess.
- The small footprint of the machine is a perfect fit for any refrigerator or kitchen counter.
- Its carrying handle makes it easily portable, which makes it compatible with family trips.
- Its steeper is labeled with fill level indicators to take the guesswork out of the brewing rule.
- All the parts are easy to clean and use.
What we don’t like
- Its fine mesh can lead to the ground in the coffee.
8. Coffee Gator Cold Brew Kit
|Size: 5.5 x 5.5 x 6.5 inches||Material: Borosilicate Glass|
|Capacity: 5-7 cups||Weight: 1.76 lbs|
|Included: Ultra-fine Filter, Scoop, and Funnel|
The Coffee Gator is another easy-to-setup fascination brewer. When it comes to serve large group coffee, even the most endless desires for caffeine increases, this cold brew maker is you’re looking for. It includes many accessories like scoops and an ultra-fine filter that make getting your coffee cup easier.
The Coffee Gator’s cold brew process preserves the coffee’s natural sweetness, and the flavor reduces the need for added sugar, along with artificial sweeteners, while produces coffee up to 67% less acidic than the regular stuff. It takes about 12 to 48 hours of brewing, so plan your time before making coffee. Although the system is quite simple and requires some patience, you can forget it during its steeping.
The coffee maker is made from 100% BPA-free glass, making the machine small and easy to clean. However, the company offers a 100% money-back guarantee, and their customer services are always ready to answer your questions.
What we like
- The filtration system is easy to remove for replacement, cleaning, and storage.
- Its borosilicate carafe, make the machine small and easy to clean.
- It comes with a free collapsible funnel and S/S measuring scoop to create your unique blends.
- The glass is heat resistant with a leakproof lid so you can store them in the fridge quickly.
- It doesn’t need a paper purifier, and it just works perfectly without them.
What we don’t like
- The brewing task takes up to 12-48 hours.
- The glass may break easily without proper care.
9. Ovalware Airtight Cold Brew
|Size: 5.51 x 9.45 x 5.51 inches||Capacity: 6-7 cups|
|Material: Borosilicate Glass, silicone, and stainless steel||Weight: 1.3 lbs|
|Included: Laser cut filter, rustproof S/S filter cap, Non-slip Rubber Cushion Base|
In a fast-walked life, where time is your highest bouns, you deserve something high-quality brewing you can rely on. Introducing the Ovalware Airtight cold brew maker, designed for the modern professional use. It allows you to brew cold coffee concentrate in 2 easy steps- mix and pour.
Its high-grade borosilicate carafe is durable with a smart label that brews the perfect cup even without a scale. However, the cone-shaped carafe passes the lab testes featuring a BPA free silicone airtight lock and non-slip rubber base, each of which is dishwasher safe.
The product’s permanent net filter is made of 18/8 rust-free medical-grade S/S, with a laser cutter used to form the superfine holes to prevent the coarse ground from leaking out. It brews a healthier & smoother and 70% less acidic than hot brewing and more abundant coffee in taste. However, it secures the freshness with its airtight seal for up to 2 weeks without losing any freshness. Plus, take this brewer and increase your hosting skills to the next level.
What we like
- It brews the coffee 70% less acidic than hot brewing in 2 simple steps, intending to save time and money.
- Its airtight lock keeps the coffee fresh for two weeks and fits in any fridge.
- You can even mix it with other drinks and create endless possibilities.
- This product is compatible with brewing both coffee or tea, loose-leaf, or tea bag.
- It has an ergonomic easy-access handle and a non-slip rubber cushion base.
- Its S/S filter is made with an 18/8 rust-free superfine laser cut that you won’t regret.
- All the parts of the cold brew maker are dishwasher safe.
What we don’t like
- The fine particles of coffee sometimes flow through the filter into your cup.
- This cone-shaped carafe doesn’t fit in some fridge doors.
- Not suitable for large groups.
10. OXO Compact Cold Brew Coffee Maker
|Size: 5.2 x 5.3 x 8.6 inches||Material: Borosilicate Glass, silicone, and SAN Polymer|
|Capacity: 5-7 cups||Weight: 1.39 lbs|
|Included: Reusable S/S Filter, Cork Stopper with silicon seal|
Love to make homemade coffee but don’t have enough room? Here is the OXO Cold Brew Coffee Maker, small in size that solves the problem of space. It’s easy to use, add ground beans into the main chamber, pour water into the perforated rainmaker top for even water distribution, and wait 24 hours.
However, its lid keeps coffee makers covered and preserved while brewing. The borosilicate carafe and the cork stopper with silicone seal keep the coffee strength fresh and brew 5-7 coffee cups, which makes it the ideal size for anyone steeping solo or mates.
While using this cold brew maker, you can pick up some of the more incredible tasting notes, chocolate, caramel, pecan, etc. You can even keep the cold brew coffee fresh in the fridge for up to a week and keep the coffee taste the same for long. Its compact size is ideal for silky-smooth, low acid coffee, and smart enough to fit comfortably in the fridge during and after brewing.
What we like
- The whole design is easy to clean, and the brewer’s carafe nests go for secure storage.
- This smart design of cold brew coffee maker fits comfortably in the refrigerator.
- Its small footprints get everything right and take less space on your countertop.
- The OXO cold brew coffee is less acidic and concentrate to prepaer a hot or ice coffee.
- Its automatic draining system starts itself once brewer is placed on the carafe.
- It comes with a reusable stainless steel filter.
What we don’t like
- It only brews 5-7 cups, not great for large groups.
- The filter clogs and needs to have regular cleaning.
Most Popular Cold Brew Maker Brands
- Coffee Gator
Tips for making cold brew coffee
- You need fresh coffee powder for a more elegant and delicate flavor.
- Select the coarse coffee or set your processor to the coarsest settings if you own a grinder. This eliminates the bitterness and passing of particles into your coffee cup. In comparison, fine coffee will pass through the filter and drop in your bowl.
- Use filtered water; this is just a regular coffee word in general. It gives you a cleaner, sweeter flavor coffee if you use filtered water.
- Steep for 12 to 18 hours to get a full concentrated flavor. Plus, you can even keep the coffee in the fridge for a long as two weeks.
- Also, be careful of over-steeping, which can start to extract some of the bitter flavors you’re hoping to avoid.
- Chill your coffee with ice cubes or keep it in your refrigerator for cooling.
- Make sure to check the seal of the lid, Pour pout, and filter before starting the process.
How to choose the best cold brew coffee maker?
It’s that time of the year again- when sun hitting you with hot days. Cold brew coffee makers are very much famous in summer. However, dedicated cold brew makers bring new functionality to the table. If you are in the store for one of these coffee makers, you might want to select them on the following factors. Here are a few essential things you should know before buying a gadget.
- Iced Coffee vs. Cold Brew Coffee
When the summer heat starts to fly, it’s time to exchange the hot coffee to a nice cold one. But when you start making a coffee, you’re offered two options: iced or cold brew coffee makers. That’s where some of your get confused. Both are cold, served with ice- so what’s the difference? Well, the big difference is how they prepared.
- Iced Coffee – Quite simple, the way it sounds. It is like a usual coffee served over the ice. This method is fast; all you have to do is brew as usual and cool it and pour over the ice. However, this method made with hot or room temperature water. More acidic and bitter, but cheaper than cold brew. You can even pour a cooled coffee into an ice cube tray, freeze them, and use it for your next cup of iced coffee to make it more robust.
- Cold Brew – Making cold brew isn’t as frank as iced coffee. It makes coffee to eliminate bitterness and add coffee taste flavorful. What makes it so delicious is time. To make it always use a coarse ground coffee, put in the container, add the cold water, and steep it for at least 12 hours. The longer the coffee sits, the stronger the flavor you will get. Once it is done, steeping grounds are filtered out, leaving coffee concentrate to mix it with milk or water and served with ice. However, it takes time instead of heat to extract coffee oil, sugars, and caffeine since it produces less acidic and intense than iced coffee. Overall cold brew made with cold water, less acidic, less bitter, and typically costly than iced coffee.
The next main thing is your taste choices. Brewing coffee is extracting some of the water-soluble material from the coffee bean’s structure. Here what you need to understand is that different temperature water extracts different flavors. Typically when you make a usual hot brew, you use warm water and pour over the coffee. It takes a portion of the coffee’s water-soluble with it.
Whereas, cold brewing water may leave some parts behind. Cold brew flavor profile depends on the ground coffee as cold brew coffee takes 12-18 hours to make a less acidic, less bitter, and smooth and intense coffee. It is a huge plus, with a cold brew opinion, to maintain the flavor without bitterness and acidity than the hot water brewed counterparts.
Due to the brewing method of cold brew, you don’t need to consider its durability. Its because you’ll be leaving the coffee fresh straight after the process into the fridge, so it shouldn’t come to any harm. Many of the coffee makers come with a borosilicate glass carafe, which is much more long-lasting.
However, there is some glass with less durability that degrades when opened to chemicals. But the glass of this type is so strongly bonded, which makes it more resistant to chemical attacks. It also prevents any form of odors from leaking in and destroying the coffee in your cup.
- Brew Capacity
From a single cup to a large-sized carafe, there are so many cold brew coffee makers that can brew just the amount you need. Some of the cold brew coffee makers offer a wide range of brew sizes, while others are limited to a small range. A small-batch coffee maker is great for people who live alone or with a partner. This could be great for a person with different flavor or style preferences.
Brewers that make large batches usually come with a big carafe and go for those who are living with lots of people. Plus, coffee is served in breakfast, brunch with the neighbors, or at dinner with lots of coffee lovers. So having a large coffee maker will save your time from brewing again and again.
- Grind Size
The beauty of a cold brew depends on the ground type. You don’t need to have anything lavish, just time. It’s noticeable that the cold brew coffee makers have a built-in filter that stops the ground from seeping in your coffee. Sticking with a coarse grind will make the filtration process more manageable, and your coffee tastes far less bitter and less acidic.
It will also give a smooth and appetizing taste better than iced coffee. On the other hand, buying or grinding too fine can heat the ground or quickly passes the particles through the filter, which negatively affects your cup.
While the size of a coffee maker won’t affect your java cup, but if it doesn’t fit in the space you want to place, it can cause a bunch of troubles. So before buying a device, be sure to measure the perfect space and place where you want to put it. As cold brew coffee makers come with a chamber on the top, which increases their height, make sure to estimate the countertop area before investing in purchasing.
Not just the height of chamber matter, the capacity, and the size of the carafe also. Most of the carafe is slim, cone-shaped, or too large to store easily in the fridge. Discover a balance here and get a system that lavishly has enough space and room for your needs while still fitting into the area you want.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What are the benefits of having cold brew coffee?
Cold brew coffee has earned many fans in current years. Instead of having hot coffee in summers, most of the coffee lovers switch of cold brew. The research on health shows these 9 powerful health benefits you will get from cold brew makers.
- Just like hot coffee, the cold brew also has lots of caffeine that will boost your metabolism.
- The caffeine in cold java will lift your mood and state of mind.
- Drinking 3-5 cups daily may lower the risk of heart disease by up to 15%.
- It may be easier on your stomach than the hot coffee, as the cold brew is less acidic and less bitter.
- It also decreases the risk of Parkinson’s and Alzheimer’s illness.
- Cold brew reduces the risk of developing two diabetes disease.
2. How long does cold brew take and last?
Most of the cold brew coffee concentrate takes at least 12 hours but no more than 24 hours. The longer you soak, the more intense the drink will grow. So it all occurs to personal choice. However, you can store it for 3-4 days in the refrigerator. If you keep it for two weeks, the flavor quality will decrease after the first week and shortened the life of coffee.
3. Is cold coffee less acidic than the regular one?
Because of the light brewing task and maintaining the colder temperatures during the brew, the cold coffee has up to 67-70 % less acidity than regularly brewed coffee.