KitchenAid KCM0812OB Siphon Coffee Brewer
- Great tasting brew
- Dual purpose carafe
- Incredibly easy to use
- Brew 2-8 cups
- 360° rotation removable base
- Include Reusable stainless steel filter and cloth filter
- Premium glass construction with stainless steel accents
Coffee is an everyday routine for millions of people around the earth, and stopping the visit by your local coffee shop for a caffeine jam is somehow fairer to your pocket to make some at home. But to make the same soft, delightful coffee, just like your fav cafe, you need a great coffee brewer. As all of you know, many electric coffee makers are available in the market. But since some people are still looking for a traditional way of brewing. Especially the coffee addicts who like to have an excellent class beverage with a more freakish and pleasant flavor.
If you’re one of those who still love the old way of brewing java with some new multiple changes, then you’re on the right side. KitchenAid developed various unique features in its coffee brewer for java fans.
With the release of KitchenAid Siphon Coffee Brewer, an old and elegant culture blow new life to high-tech solution for vacuum brewing. Many of you who love the traditional skill to brew siphon coffee (vacuum coffee) or love the french press style coffee at home will acknowledge the KitchenAid’s work for giving this great change. It is a small switch for coffee lovers.
KitchenAid Siphon Coffee Brewer Review: First Impressions
|KitchenAid KCM0812OB Siphon Coffee Maker Specifications|
|Dimensions||8.7″ L x 6.7″ W x 14.3″ H|
|Material||Glass, Stainless Steel|
|Power||1440 W, 120 V|
|Brew Capacity||8 cups|
|Extra Features||Detachable base, Stainless steel filter, 1 two purpose lid, 1 brew unit stand, auto-shutoff|
Reasons To Buy
- Brewed coffee for 2 to 8 cups.
- Stainless steel strokes suit the classy glass frame.
- Magnetic locking seal.
- Rich and flavorful taste with a clean finish.
- One-touch control and auto stop feature makes it user-friendly.
- Precise temperature and vacuum technology.
- Impressive build quality.
Reasons To Avoid
- Doesn’t have a keep warm feature.
- Can be difficult to clean.
KitchenAid Siphon Brewer: Detailed Specifications
Now that you know what to look for and what you want let’s take a look at the KitchenAid KCM0812OB Siphon Coffee Brewer. It is an almost affordable model that brings the lost art of vacuum coffee brewing into a new place in your lives.
The developed quality of the KitchenAid Siphon Brewer is seriously excellent. This model includes a lot of new technologies like the built-in heater and an interesting coupling neckband. However, this coffee maker is a lovely looking creation that looks like some modern gumball coffee makers.
This device consists of two main parts – a unit at the top, like a globe, and the base function as a water reservoir chamber. Both of the sections are built from clear glass accented with the selective chrome or matte plastic trait. The water tank portion features a thick metal handle and works as a jug to tapping the java. It weighs around 2.5 pounds and efficiently brews 2-8 cups of complex and rich drink. However, the two are separated by a mesh screen, which lets water pass.
It is a well-made coffee maker and offers some durability much better than other coffee makers. The black metallic accent on the covering gives the coffee maker a premium, modern feel. It looks more like a complicated pot but really fits into any kitchen countertop because of its smooth curves that give the effect of a slimming body. And now this is where it gets exciting to watch this bad boy magic.
There is a bit of training need when it comes to siphon brewing. But once you get a hand on it, you will be able to mix up the coffee ground for your drink with your eyes closed. Brewing with siphon brewer always needs some sort of patience and practice to master the art, so next time you won’t get any kind of problem.
You’ll first set up the siphon brewing globe in the stand and attach the vacuum tube once it’s in place. Be careful when doing so. If the filter doesn’t sit perfectly in the area, it will probably eliminate it in the middle of the whole brewing process. Tip – “A metal filter separates the brewed portion from the bottom.” However, you can both use a reusable metal or muslin sieve as you like. But the muslin sieve might become a more complex option to use where the metal screen comes up with a better result for filter brewing, also you will get a cloth filter in the pack.
Once you select the filter, you can now jump to the other step of picking your favorite ground you want to brew. Most important, confirm the screen is securely placed by twisting it into place. Although, the siphon brewer recommends using a medium-coarse ground as it results in better taste, flavor, and aroma. The amount of coffee you added will depend on how strong you like your java. But for 8 cups of water (about 40 to 42 ounces), you’ll need 2.6 ounces of coffee.
Once you’ve done this, here comes the tricky part. Lid the brewer, flick on/off switch at the bottom, now sit back, take out your phone and record the coolest brewing magic you’ll ever see.
3. The Magic Behind it
The KitchenAid Siphon Coffee maker is one of the most user-friendly devices on the market. The main magic behind its making is some sort of science physics. The brewing process starts by heating the water in the carafe near to the boiling point. A few minutes later, you will see vapor pressure pushes the hot water up the tube into the globe.
It then absorbs the coffee grounds for best coffee extraction. And after that, the remaining of the heated water speeds into the brewer and eagerly mixes with the ground coffee to deliver the delightful flavor. Once the ideal temperature has been reached, the coffee maker automatically stops. It joins the vacuity at the bottom, which pushes the coffee into the sieve, comes back into the carafe. It all arrives in a bubbling texture that can only be described as a stunning performance.
Now all you have to do is untwist the two units and use the lid you have before placed on the brewing section to seal the carafe. And there you go! An aged-old process delivers a delicious java through specific temperature and void technology.
4. Cleaning and Maintenance
It’s not that easy to handle, and thus, it’s not that simple to wash. You have to clean all parts by hand – you can put any glassware in the dishwasher as there is a chance of breaking. Until and unless you want to be a proud owner of a broken coffee maker, we don’t recommend you. Here are the simple steps you should flow for cleaning the appliance.
- Untwist the upper part and the lower part for separating them.
- Gently tap the upper section and dump the all ground coffee into a wastebasket.
- Turn the filter clockwise to unlock the filter handle. Then wash it by running under warm water.
- Cover the base of the stainless steel siphon tube with your hand.
- Fill the upper globe section with hot water, moving it in a round motion to rinse away remaining coffee grounds.
- Use the angled brush and warm, soapy water to finish the washing of the unit. Rinse it properly with water and then keep it for drying.
- Repeat the 6 steps for the carafe too.
- Wash the lid under running water.
- Also, rinse the inside of the globe area stands with water after every use.
5. Safety Guard
When using any electric appliances, basic safety precautions should always be studied –
- Read all the instructions before starting the process.
- Do not touch its hot surface; always use knobs or handles.
- To avoid electric shocks, do not involve cord, plug, or siphon carafe or base with water.
- Close supervision is necessary while making a coffee with or without children.
- Always unplug the appliances when it is not in use.
- Correctly attach the parts before starting the process; otherwise, there is a chance of breaking the unit.
- Don’t clean the unit and carafe with abrasive cleanser, steel wool pads, or other harsh material.
- Don’t use any crack material or loosen handles.
- Don’t overfill the carafe.
- Don’t use any separate carafe instead of the given one.
This Siphon coffee brewer has a sturdy build body, just like all other professional coffee makers. This is utterly amazing that we really like, but we recognize that this is not for everyone. But if you’re into vibrant tasting and want french press coffee taste but in some new way, then this is your soulmate. Thanks to its better and most convenient way of brewing, that comes with some taste of old style.
While this device needs some patience and practice to make a delicious cup of coffee with fun to watch it. Overall it is a great choice if you value your money. The cost of this automatic device justifies with features rather than other coffee makers. The built-in quality of this coffee maker is generally excellent. This model includes a lot of ideal technologies like a built-in heater, two-way carafe that can be used as pouring and preparing the coffee.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is Siphon Coffee maker?
Vacuum brewing coffee maker is known as a Siphon Coffee maker. This coffee maker is a full re-establishment of a brew system that uses a uniform heat source to form a space in one chamber by pushing water up into another container. Plus, the grounds are steeped in the upper room and then allow the brew to flow back down into the bottom place. This is how it brews a perfect and full-immersion of flavored coffee.
2. How does siphon coffee works?
We’ve already mentioned before about the two chambers. When the water boils in the lower room, the hot steam creates pressure, that moves the water upward into the upper chamber.
There the water mixes with coffee as soon as the heat is turned off the steam cools, the water in the upper room pushed back down through a filter using gravity. Then the carafe fills with coffee, and that’s how a siphon coffee works.
3. Why is siphon coffee better to have?
- It produces rich and fine tasting coffee.
- It has a very sensory experience that awakens all the senses more than a drip coffee maker.
- Siphon coffee maker allows users to control coffee energy by adding in as much or little coffee grinds as they want.
- It maintains the coffee aroma trapped inside the globe machine.
- Its transparent body shines and attracts the charm to your kitchen.
4. How does siphon coffee taste?
It all stands on how you like your coffee or what is your taste preference. If you want a strong flavor like drip brewers then, you’ll find this coffee maker not right in taste. Vacuum siphon coffee tastes smooth, flavorful, fresh, clean, and rich in flavor, all thanks to its modern coffee making system.
- Bella Dual Brew Coffee Maker
- Best Coffee Urns
- Breville Precision Brewer
- DeLonghi Magnifica ESAM3300 Espresso Machine
- Diletta Mio Espresso Machine Review
- Hamilton Beach Scoop Single Serve Coffee Maker
- Jura A1 Coffee Machine
- Keurig K15 Coffee Maker
- Keurig K155 Office Pro Coffiee Maker
- Keurig K50 K-Classic Coffee Maker
- Mueller Ultra Coffee Maker
- Technivorm Moccamaster KBT 741 Coffee Brewer