Diletta Mio Machine
- Shot timer.
- Adjustable OPV.
- Stainless steel case.
- Attractive mirror finish.
- Side fitted water reservoir.
- Easy cleaning and maintenance.
- Single boiler and thermo-block combination.
Finding a perfect espresso machine that can make espressos the way you like can be quite tough. Because there are countless espresso machines available in today’s market, these are enough to confuse you about which one to choose because almost each has more or less amazing features. So it takes a lot of research and effort to find the right espresso machines.
This article will review one of the best espresso machines available today: the Diletta Mio Espresso Machine, the latest product from Seattle Coffee Gear (SCG). This is a newly established Italy-based company but makes products like they rule the whole industry. The products are promising and work seamlessly.
The Mio is designed to make excellent espresso without compromising anything. It mainly focuses on minimal power consumption and maximum power savings, along with amazing features like a fast warmup, PID controller, OVP, and short-timer. This power-saving feature is known as Eco Mode. Go through the full article below to complete knowledge about this fantastic outstanding espresso machine.
Diletta Mio Espresso Machine: First Impressions
|Diletta Mio Specifications|
|Dimensions||10.75 x 17 x 15 inches|
|Weight|| 45.8 pounds|
|Material||BPA-free plastic, stainless steel.|
|Human Interface Input||Buttons|
|Boiler Type||Single boiler and thermo-block|
|Boiler Volume||13.5 ounces|
|Reservoir Capacity||2 litres|
Reasons To Buy
- PID-controlled brew temperature.
- Makes perfect espresso.
- Brew pressure gauge.
- Power saving mode.
- Compact design.
Reasons To Avoid
- Small boiler.
- Does not dispense hot water alone.
Design and Build
The Mio has a sophisticated compact design and effortless handling. There are simple push buttons for brewing and steaming that are quite tactile in feel and work fine. The body is made of stainless steel, ensuring full durability, reliability, and long life. There is a complete mirror finish all around the body.
A dedicated button is provided at the side of the case to turn off the steaming thermoblock which ultimately saves energy, and this feature is called ECO mode. The interface is super handy to use. There is also a feature to adjust pressure release from the brew group without opening the machine. Thus your espresso will be perfectly brewed.
The water reservoir can also be removed from the side instead of a top opening, making it very convenient to adjust in compact places with no headspace. These types of conveniences play a very important role in the machine’s overall performance.
There are three buttons on the front panel, one for turning the machine on and off, the second for brewing, and the third for steaming control. The key point here is that brewing is completely separated from steaming, so you can steam milk while the machine is brewing side by side. The steam function can be turned off to save energy. A PID screen on the top right portion of the machine can double as a timer for the shots to help you keep track of your shot.
Talking about the performance, the Mio makes outstanding espressos at just the press of a button without you knowing the skills of making espresso. This machine does not focus on customising the coffee but on performance to deliver pure espressos. The machine features everything for you to brew a perfect shot of espresso.
The machine may take 5-7 minutes to warm up. But the result is worth waiting for. The 1000W steam thermoblock reaches the steaming temperature, which helps in rich milk frothing. Despite having less steaming power than other machines, it will quickly steam up your cafe-quality milk for a medium-sized coffee.
You can also simultaneously do brewing and steaming with this machine without disturbing your brewing settings. This feature stands useful when you want to have steamed milk. And the catch here is that when you are done steaming the milk, you can just shut off the steaming thermoblock from the steam block switch. This will help the machine for saving power and focus on only brewing.
Features and their functions
- PID Brew Boiler – One of the significant advantages of this French Press coffee maker is that you can also use it to brew loose leaf tea. This makes it a perfect option for those who like to change up their go-to drink of choice! You also get the option of two sizes to choose from;12oz or 34oz. The 12oz can produce 3 cups of coffee, and the 32 oz to make 8 cups.
- Second Steam Circuit – The 1000W steam thermo-block reaches the required steaming temperature with minimum heat loss within a few minutes. This will help you in steaming milk for cappuccinos and lattes.
- Pressure Gauge – There is a pressure gauge at the bottom right area of the machine. It allows you to track and control how much pressure is applied during extraction. Minor carelessness can ruin your espresso.
- Shot Timer – A small digital display is there at the top right corner of the machine. This display mainly shows PID information and doubles as a timer for your shots. In this way, you can easily track your shot.
- Adjustable OPV – An OPV (Over Pressure Valve) is used to regulate controlled pressure during brewing and prevent over-extraction of the coffee. It is very important to adjust it correctly to get perfectly brewed espresso.
- Eco Mode – The Mio aims to deliver the best quality espresso with minimal power consumption. The Eco Mode can be programmed for a 10 minutes interval for up to 240 minutes of idle time.
Cleaning and Maintenance
The compact form factor of the Mio makes the cleaning and maintenance quite easy. The case can be simply wiped by using a soft cleaning cloth. The water reservoir is given at the side of the machine which makes it very convenient to remove even if you place at some where headroom is congested. After removing the water reservoir you simple rinse it with water and soap. For the long life of boilers you must use fresh and filtered water. It is not recommended not to descale the machine in any scenario as it will void the manufacturer’s warranty.
The Mio is available in the market at a very competitive price. The company primarily focused on providing best quality espresso with minimal energy consumption. All the necessary features are provided with the machine and no compromise has been done. In order to keep the body structure compact the boilers capacity has been reduced but this in no way affect the quality of your coffee. Considering the price point, this machine is a great choice when compared to other espresso makers that fall in the same price range.
The Mio delivers astounding performance with minimal power usage. The design is elegant, and the body is sturdy. So it can have a long life if maintained properly. It mainly focuses on pure espresso rather than customizations. For some people, this may seem a con for not having automation. But for a compact espresso machine of this size and price, it is completely fine because no compromise has been made in the quality of the coffees it makes.
With the features like a PID controller, power saving mode, short timer, simultaneous brewing and milk frothing, and adjustable OPV, it effortlessly beats its competition. So if you are looking for a compact, solid, and budget machine that makes perfect espresso shots, then you can go for diletta Mio.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Does the Mio contain BPA?
No, all the Diletta machines are BPA-free, meaning no toxic chemicals are used in manufacturing the machine. You can enjoy coffee without worrying about anything.
2.How to descale it?
It is recommended not to descale the machine as it will void the warranty. You can use fresh and filtered water to ensure less scale building up in the machine. If you are facing any issues, you may contact the manufacturer.
3. How to clean this machine after use?
The case can be wiped using a soft cloth, and the water reservoir can be washed with soap and water. It is recommended not to descale the machine to clean the boilers. You can use fresh and filtered water to ensure boilers have a long life.
4.Does this machine come with a warranty?
Yes, the Mio comes with a two years parts warranty on manufacturing defects.
- Best DeLonghi Espresso Machines
- Best Espresso Machines Under $1000
- Best Espresso Machines Under $200
- Best Jura Espresso Machines
- Bialetti Moka Express Coffee Maker
- Breville Duo Temp Pro Espresso Machine
- Breville Infuser Espresso Machine Review
- Cyetus Coffee Machine Review
- DeLonghi Dedica EC680 Espresso Maker
- DeLonghi Magnifica ESAM3300 Espresso Machine
- Jura A1 Coffee Machine
- Rok Manual Espresso Maker