In A Hurry? Our Top Reasons To Buy
Breville Smart Grinder
- 450 RPM
- Irresistible Body
- Beginner friendly
- 166-watt direct-drive motor
- Two Portafilter
- A sturdy, long-lasting machine
- 40 mm commercial grade grinding burrs
- Advance LCD Screen & Dosing iQ
Ever wish to grind the fresh coffee beans to extract the flavor and aroma the same as your favorite cafe? If yes, then you’re on the right page, which tells how important you understand the importance of a grinder. Investing in a durable coffee bean grinder rather than pre-packed coffee powder that losses its aroma will never match the state of fresh beans.
With a home coffee grinder, you can be your own barista. The coffee grinder crushes the beans the way expert baristas always grind the beans right before brewing a coffee. This ensures that the coffee is more vibrant, tastier, and more aromatic. And most importantly, all your unique flavor is maintained. So if you are a coffee addict or just like pleasant coffee, then you should always make coffee from fresh beans, and for this, you need a grinder.
Finding the best grinder can seem strange at first, as there are huge coffee grinders in the market. However, your one wrong decision lead your time, money, and efforts into the waste.
So here is the most durable Breville Smart Grinder Pro especially for the coffee lovers. It is one of the most efficient smart home burr grinder out in the market. It will definitely worth your time, efforts, and money and even grind the beans to a great extent. To see how well it works, dives, and read on the full review.
Breville Smart Grinder Pro BCG820BSSXL Review: First Impressions
|Dimensions||6.25″(L) x 8.5″(W) x 15.25″(H)|
|Material||Stainless Steel Conical burrs & Housing|
|Bean Hopper Capacity||18 oz|
|Extra Features||50-54mm to 58mm portafilter, Dosing iQ, BPA free parts|
- Breville smart grinder features a stainless steel 40mm conical burrs that automatically dose the same result every time you grind.
- The offers 60 precise settings from the finest Espresso to the coarsest French press.
- The Precision Electronic Timer lets users adjust the grind time in 0.2 sec increments.
- Its large LCD monitor is easy to read and operate.
- The grinder comes with two portafilters 50-54mm and a 58mm portafilter cradle for a free operation.
- It is a fully automatic machine with a smart touch feature and wondrous dimensions that fit any kitchen.
- It looks and feels strong enough to stay long for years.
- It comes with a large removable hopper, which is also easy to wash.
- It has a 165-watt motor that drives these burrs at 450 RPM to ensure that there isn’t any additional heat build-up in the ground beans.
- All the parts and accessories are not dishwasher safe.
- It comes with a 1-year warranty.
- You can’t wash this appliance under the water.
- This appliance is not right for the french press.
When Breville made the Smart Grinder, it improves the griding home experience by creating a machine that is a useful, accessible, and intuitive device. It’s easy to use, which makes the grinding a wind for the beginners. Let’s take a look at what makes this grinder such a stronger competitor.
The first thing you’ll notice is the brushed stainless steel design Breville Pro has. It is the latest emphasis in their line of electronic dosing grinders. It looks high-tech, with an LCD that displays everything you need. It has a tall and slim design that fits perfectly in any kitchen decor. The most popular one is this model; however, you can also choose cranberry red or sesame black according to your kitchen decor.
Moreover, the Breville pro grinder is fitted with 40 mm conical burrs that offer an excellent grind texture and 60 precise settings that go fine enough for espresso to french press. This device will give you as a grind as some of the best burr grinders in this price range makes. Its motor runs at 165 Watts and 450 RPMs to ensure that power matches its better rivals like Rancilio Rocky.
Its digital display with buttons on the front control the grind settings, the timer, and the amount of cups that you want. Unlike most grinders that use steps, the Smart Pro uses the knob on the right side to adjust the grind size with no need to twist the hopper. Another feature for Breville ranked is its plug feature with a finger hole that makes it easy to unplug the grinder without pulling on the cord and breaking it. Thanks to the wire that also wraps neatly under the device for safe storage.
With 60 precise grind options, this programmable conical burr grinder increases the strength of any brew. It allows you to choose between cups for ‘French Press’ or Filter and shots for ‘Espresso’ to get the right dosage. However, its Digital Time allows you to set and program time in 0.2 seconds gains, which gives you total control and perfect treatment every time.
This device comes with a bright LCD Display with intelligent settings that helps your grinder achieve perfect results. It also helps to choose and returning to one of the generous 60 grind changes. Its dosing IQ fixes the dose that suits the work that you’ve selected. However, this device does more job and eliminates most of the guesswork included in crushing coffee. It also lets you choose the amount that you’ll be making.
This machine helps you to grind by the amount of shots you plan to brew. Press the centre button on the interface to add a course, and the device sets a similar work time. Some other extra worth traits – this grinder comes with two holders for different sized portafilter to give the ground right into the filter. Also, the cup lid has a sliding cover that fits over the top hole, so you could use the vessel to store the fresh grounds before brewing.
This is where this machine shines the most. In some testes, Breville Pro also decreases static well quite to allow the user to run the engine without using the doubtful lid that fits atop its wide-mouthed catch cup. In general, this machine remains smoother to ears than most go wrong to provide comfort without disturbing someone’s nap while preparing that cup of joe. Overall, you get a fully automated coffee grinding experience with the Breville Smart Grinder.
1. Grinder Quality
As you know, this grinder offers 60 crushing settings with excellent versatility for different brew styles. It should be enough for turning your espresso, french press, or any other beverage. To help customers, Breville has made it easy by adding more customization to their grinder.
However, if 60 settings aren’t enough for you, remove the bean tank and take out the top burr to make 10 more adjustments. The burr has a sign that shows which way you should turn for a coarser or finer grind. Yes, that’s right; for those 10 options, you’ve got whole new 600 individual settings.
Interestingly, Consumer Reports rate this grinder as being ” ear-friendly” as it runs smoothly and quietly. It also adds a “Grind Time” dial that lets you preset the perfect dose for each grind. This is great for those who have a busy schedule. So let’s say you’ve set the best crushing timer for your coffee and improved the automation.
2. Lager Removable Hopper
This 1 lb (18-oz) hopper that comes with the SGP is larger enough than many other machines. It also comes with a real convenience lock/unlock mechanism. Release the button and push it to lift the whole container away from the device.
Overall it lets you replace the beans without making a mess and allow for smooth clean of the burr. Although it also has an airtight lid for storing the ground coffee. This feature makes it super simple to exchange out beans or remove the hopper for cleaning, even if it’s full.
3. Grind Tray
Breville really put some logic into making this machine. It has an effortlessly removable tray to take any excess held in place by a magnet. It also comes with 2 portafilter holders, one for traditional size 58mm and other for 50-54mm. Both of these are removable and secure into place via magnets. You can grind right into with its airtight properties.
Another helpful trait is that you can start crunching using either the start button or launching the portafilter in. You can also grind manually by pushing and holding either the start switch or the portafilter switch. Its magnetic base plate allows you to drop coffee dust when grinding your portafilter.
4. Dose iQ
Precision Digital Timer enables you to adjust and program the process time in 0.2 seconds. This is another handy feature that requires you to enter the amount of cups. It automatically adjusts the dose according to your taste.
It would help if you programmed your preferred dose for each ground type by holding down the button. The machine remembers everything and efficiently produces multiple portions with the same quantity.
5. Ease of Cleaning
Breville made the cleaning of the smart grinder as easy as possible. Unlock the hopper and pull it off to reveal the removable top burr. Here are some easy points you should know for cleaning your smart grinder.
- Regular cleaning of the burr achieves consistent grinding results, which is especially crucial for espresso.
- Don’t use alkaline or abrasive cleaning agents, steel wool, or some harsh material as they can damage the surface.
- Don’t wash/clean any part or accessories of the grinder in the dishwasher.
- Unplug the cord from the power outlet before cleaning.
- Wash the hopper, container, the lid, and portafilters in warm soapy water, rinse and dry thoroughly.
- As it has a digital screen, so use a soft damp cloth for wiping and polishing the exterior.
- The ground tray is easy to remove and clean.
6. Safety Guard
- Don’t put the grinder near the edge of a bench or table during the operation.
- Don’t place it on or near the hot gas burner, electric elements, or touch a heated oven.
- Ensure that the surface is level, clean, and free from water.
- Keep the fingers, hands, hair, and utensils away from the bean hopper during the operation.
- Do not use any other attachments not provided by the model.
- Always off the power outlet before cleaning.
- The coffee grinder should not be switched on until the hopper and lid are locked into the position.
- Don’t use this grinder for grinding any other material than coffee beans.
- Don’t use pre-ground coffee in the bean tank.
- Always keep the parts and accessories clean.
- Children should be overseen to secure that they do not operate with the machine.
Breville Smart Grinder Pro: Final Verdict
Breville put every logic to create the Smart Grinder. It is a good fit for any type of coffee enthusiast. If you’re from those, you’ll be happy with this machine. It offers the finest grind to the coarsest, coffee with perfect consistency. To be honest, this grinder is ideal for coffee fans.
You will get pleased with its advanced iQ features. The LCD interface display that shows grind setting, grind time, and the number of shots, each digitally managed by a dedicated button/dial. Overall this appliance is perfect for hands-free grinding and easy cleaning.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How to use Breville Grinder Pro?
It is a handy machine with simple to operate features.
- Plugin the grinder.
- Load beans into the hopper.
- Pick the grind setting using the side-mounted dial.
- Decide the time using the dial under the display in 0.2-second increments.
- Press the start button to grind into a portafilter of your choice.
2. What type of coffee is best for Breville smart pro?
With its 60 grinding options, this grinder performance well for an espresso machine, cold brew, and pour-over department with remarkable consistency quality of ground for your cup of joe. But on the other hand, it doesn’t stand up with the same quality and consistency for French Press.
3. How long does it take to grind coffee beans?
In general, It depends on your selected grind settings and amount of cups. This machine is fitted with 40 mm conical steel burrs with a 165-watt motor that spins these burrs at 450 RPMs.