Breville Smart Grinder Pro BCG820BSSXL
- 450 RPM
- Irresistible Body
- Beginner friendly
- 166-watt direct-drive motor
- Two Portafilter
- A sturdy, long-lasting machine
- 40 mm commercial grade grinding conical burr
- Advance LCD Screen & Dosing iQ
Ever wish to grind the fresh coffee beans to extract the flavor and aroma the same as your favorite cafe? If yes, then you’re on the right page that tells how essential you understand the importance of a grinder. Investing in a durable coffee bean grinder rather than pre-packed coffee powder that losses its aroma will never match the state of fresh beans.
With a home coffee grinder, you can be your own barista. The coffee grinder crushes the beans the way expect barista always grind the beans right before brewing a coffee. It ensures for coffee is more vibrant, tastier, and more aromatic. Most importantly, it maintains all your unique flavors. So, if you are coffee addicted or like pleasant coffee, then you should always make coffee from fresh beans, and for this, you need a grinder.
Finding the best grinder can seem strange initially, as there are huge coffee grinders in the market. However, your one wrong decision lead your time, money, and efforts to waste.
So we’ve come up with most durable Breville Smart Grinder Pro that is especially designed for coffee lovers. It is one of the efficient smart home burr grinders out in the market. It will definitely worth your time, efforts, and money even grind the beans to a great extent. To see how well it works, dives, and read on the full article.
Breville Smart Grinder Pro BCG820BSSXL Review: First Impressions
|Breville Smart Grinder Pro BCG820BSSXL Specifications|
|Dimensions||6.25″(L) x 8.5″(W) x 15.25″(H)|
|Bean Hopper Capacity||18 oz|
|Extra Features||50-54mm to 58mm portafilter, Dosing iQ, BPA free parts|
Reasons To Buy
- 40mm stainless steel conical burrs.
- 60 precise settings from the finest Espresso to coarsest French press.
- Large LCD panel.
- Comes with two portafilters.
- Fully automatic machine.
- Comes with a large removable hopper that is easy to wash.
- 165- watts motor drives these burrs at 450 RPM.
Reasons To Avoid
- All the parts and accessories are not dishwasher safe.
- 1-year warranty.
- Can’t wash this appliance in water.
Breville Smart Grinder Pro BCG820BSSXL: Detailed Specification
When Breville made this Smart Grinder Pro, it improves the grinding home experience by creating a machine that is a useful, accessible, and intuitive device. It is easy to use, which makes grinding a wind for beginners. Let’s take a look at what makes this grinder pro and such a stronger competitor.
The first thing you will notice in the machine, it is built of durable stainless steel material. Moreover, it is the latest emphasis in their line of electronic dosing grinders. It looks high-tech with an LCD that displays everything you need. It has a tall and slim design that fits perfectly in any kitchen decor. The most popular one is this model; however, you can also choose cranberry red or sesame black according to your kitchen decor.
Moreover, the Breville Grinder Pro comes fitted with 40 mm cone-shaped burrs that offer an excellent grind texture and 60 precise settings that go fine enough for Espresso to french press. This device will give you grind as some of the best burr grinders in this brilliant price range. Its motor runs at 165 Watts and 450 RPMs to ensure that power matches its better rivals like Rancilio Rocky.
Its digital display with buttons on the front controls the grind settings, the timer, and the number of cups you want. Unlike most grinders that use steps, this Smart Grinder Pro uses the knob on the right side to adjust the grind size with no need to twist the hopper. Another feature for Breville ranked is its plug feature with a finger hole that makes it easy to unplug the grinder without pulling on the cord and breaking it. Thanks to the wire that also wraps neatly under the device for safe storage.
With 60 precise grind options, this programmable conical burr grinder increases the strength of any brew. It allows you to choose between cups for French Press or Filter and shots for Espresso to get the right dosage. However, its Digital Time will enable you to set and program time in 0.2 seconds gains that give you total control and perfect treatment every time.
This device comes with a bright LCD Display with intelligent settings that helps your grinder achieve perfect results. It also helps to choose and returning to one of the generous 60 grind changes. Its dosing IQ fixes the dose that suits the work that you have selected. Furthermore, this device does more job and eliminates most of the guesswork included in crushing coffee. It also lets you choose the amount that you will be making.
This machine helps you to grind by the amount of shots you plan to brew. Press the center button on the interface to add a course, and the device sets a similar work time. Some other extra worth traits – this grinder comes with two holders for different sized portafilter to give the ground right into the filter. The cup lid has a sliding cover that fits over the top hole, so you could use the vessel to store the fresh grounds before brewing.
In some tests, Breville Pro also decreases static well quiet to allow the user to run the engine without using the doubtful lid that fits atop its wide-mouthed catch cup. In general, this machine remains smoother to ears than most go wrong to provide comfort without disturbing someone’s nap while preparing that cup of joe. Overall, you get a fully automated coffee grinding experience with this Smart Grinder Pro.
3. Grinding Quality
As you know, this grinder offers 60 crushing settings with excellent versatility for different brew styles. It should be enough for turning your Espresso, french press, or any other beverage. To help customers, Breville has made it easy by adding more customization to their grinder.
However, if 60 settings aren’t enough for you, remove the bean tank and take out the top burr to make ten more adjustments. The burr has a sign that shows which way you should turn for a coarser or finer grind. Yes, that’s right; for those ten options, you’ve got whole new 600 individual settings.
Interestingly, Consumer Reports rate this grinder as being” ear-friendly” as it runs smoothly and quietly. It also adds a “Grind Time” dial that lets you preset the perfect dose for each grind. This is great for those who have a busy schedule. So let’s say you’ve set the best crushing timer for your coffee and improved the automation.
4. Large Removable Hopper
This 1 lb (18-oz) hopper that comes with the SGP is larger enough than many other machines. It also comes with a real convenience lock/unlock mechanism. Release the button and push it to lift the whole container away from the device.
Overall it lets you replace the beans without making a mess and allow for a smooth clean of the burr. Although it also has an airtight lid for storing the ground coffee. This feature makes it super simple to exchange out beans or remove the hopper for cleaning, even if it’s full.
5. Grind Tray
Breville put some logic into making this machine. It has an effortlessly removable tray to take any excess held in place by a magnet. It comes with 2 portafilter holders, one for traditional size 58mm and the other for 50-54mm. Both of these are removable and secure into place via magnets. You can grind right into it with its airtight properties.
Another helpful trait is that you can start crunching using either the start button and launching the portafilter. You can also grind manually by pushing and holding either the start switch or the portafilter switch. Its magnetic base plate allows you to drop coffee dust when grinding your portafilter.
6. Dose IQ
Precision Digital Timer enables you to adjust and program processing time in 0.2 seconds. This is another handy feature that requires you to enter the amount of cups. It automatically adjusts the dose according to your taste.
It would help if you programmed your preferred dose for each ground type by holding down the button. The machine remembers everything and efficiently produces multiple portions with the same quantity.
7. Ease Of Cleaning
Breville made the cleaning of the smart grinder as easy as possible. Unlock the hopper and pull it off to reveal the removable top burr. Here are some easy points you should know for cleaning your smart grinder.
- Regular cleaning of the burr achieves consistent grinding results that are especially crucial for Espresso.
- Don’t use alkaline or abrasive cleaning agents, steel wool, or some harsh material as they can damage the surface.
- Don’t wash/clean any part or accessories of the grinder in the dishwasher.
- Unplug the cord from the power outlet before cleaning.
- Wash the hopper, container, lid, and portafilters in warm soapy water, rinse and dry thoroughly.
- As it has a digital screen, so use a soft damp cloth for wiping and polishing the exterior.
- The ground tray is easy to remove and clean.
8. Safety Guard
- Don’t put the grinder near the edge of a bench or table during the operation.
- Don’t place it on or near the hot gas burner, electric elements, or touch a heated oven.
- Ensure that the surface is level, clean, and free from water.
- Keep the fingers, hands, hair, and utensils away from the bean hopper during the operation.
- Do not use any other attachments not provided by the model.
- Always off the power outlet before cleaning.
- The coffee grinder should not be switched on until the hopper and lid are locked into the position.
- Don’t use this grinder for grinding any other material than coffee beans.
- Don’t use pre-ground coffee in the bean tank.
- Always keep the parts and accessories clean.
- Children should oversee to secure that they do not operate with the machine.
Breville put every logic to create the Smart Grinder. It is a good fit for any kind of coffee enthusiast. If you are from those, you will be happy with this machine. It offers the finest grind to the coarsest, coffee with perfect consistency. To be honest, this grinder is an ideal choice for coffee fans.
You will get its advanced iQ features. The LCD interface display shows grind settings grind time and the number of the shots, each digitally managed by a dedicated button/dial. Overall this appliance is perfect for hands-free grinding and easy cleaning.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How to use Breville Grinder Pro?
It is a handy machine with simple-to-operate features.
- Plugin the grinder.
- Load beans into the hopper.
- Pick the grind settings using the side-mounted dial.
- Decide the time using the dial under display in 0.2-second increments.
- Press the start button to grind into a portafilter of your choice.
2. What type of coffee is best for this smart grinder pro?
With its 60 grinding options, this grinder performance well for an espresso machine, cold brew, and pour-over department with remarkable consistency quality of ground for your cup of joe. But on the other hand, it doesn’t stand up with the same quality and consistency for French Press.
3. How long does it take to grind coffee beans?
In general, It depends on your selected grind settings and amount of cups. This machine is fitted with 40 mm conical burr with a 165-watt motor that spins these at 450 RPMs.
- Baratza Encore Conical Burr Coffee Grinder
- Best Coffee Grinders Under $100
- Best Manual Coffee Grinders
- Bodum Bistro Burr Coffee Grinder Review
- Capresso Infinity Burr Grinder
- Cuisinart Supreme DBM-8 Coffee Grinder
- Diletta Mio Espresso Machine Review
- Kitchenaid Burr Coffee Grinder
- Krups GX5000 Professional Electric Coffee Grinder
- Mr. Coffee Automatic Burr Mill Coffee Grinder
- OXO Brew Conical Burr Coffee Grinder
- Rancilio Rocky Coffee Grinder