Breville Precision Brewer Thermal Review
- A beautiful addition to any kitchen.
- One of the most programmable brewers on the market.
- Dual filter Basket.
- High-quality coffee with customization.
- Comes with a two-year limited product warranty.
- Auto-start and cold brew features.
- Steep-and-Release Technology.
- Best & fast performance machine.
For many people, coffee making is a near-mindless action. The ease of the process is convenient when you have still got the morning sleeping. Still, who likes to explore more about coffee brewing, there is a large variety that goes into coffee making: the brew method, water quality, amount of coffee-length of the brew cycle. One of the devices that makes coffee similar to pour-over coffee maker but in automatic style is drip coffee brewers.
The most common problem while purchasing drip coffee brewers is the visible similarity between these coffee makers. It’s challenging to look at the product page and see what makes them different. But one brewer that is easily differentiable from other products is Breville Precision Brewer. It is highly versatile and provides you tons of options and control. It is SCA certified, which makes it one of the best coffee makers. Well, if you want to know more about this coffee machine, make sure to check out our complete analysis down below.
Breville Precision Brewer: First Impressions
|Breville Precision Thermal Coffee Maker Specifications|
|Dimensions||14 x 9 x 16 inches|
|Material||Stainless Steel, Thermal Carafe|
|Water Tank Capacity||60 oz|
|No. of Servings||12 cups|
|Interface||Knobs and Button|
|Country of Origin||China|
Reasons To Buy
- Automatic presets and customizable.
- Precise PID temperature setting.
- Large volume capacity.
- Meets the SCA golden cup requirements.
- Keeps coffee warm without scorching it.
- Single and multiple servings.
- Six different brew modes.
- Intelligent pre-infuses and blooms your grounds for proper extraction.
Reasons To Avoid
- LCD screen control buttons are confusing.
- Non-removable water tank.
Breville Precision Thermal Brewer: Detailed Specifications
Breville is a well-known brand that produces kitchen appliances that are designed to inspire people to make best food and beverages in the comfort of their homes. Breville makes the process a pleasure, and in the end, it gives incredible results each time.
This Breville coffee machine has a unique design with a stainless steel exterior that perfectly fits any kitchen. Its plastic and brushed stainless steel finishing gives it a best sleek and sturdy look. A transparent plastic water reservoir is located on the top of the device. The tank is durable and made from high-quality plastic for water storage. Its bottom parts sit on a long, narrow base, and on the left side of the machine consists of a tower that contains the heating system, supporting electronics, and controls. Breville also has an LCD screen that enables the user to customize their drinks. The right of the tower is the Precion’s thermal container.
There are six brewing modes available in Breville precision, of which five of them are present. The sixth preset name MyBrew allows you to customize the coffee brewed to your preference.
1. Fast: If suddenly guests or friends popped around and you want to brew coffee quickly, then you can tap the fast setting. It will produce a pot of delicious coffee half the time it needs for a standard option set to brew coffee. This espresso machine takes only three to four minutes if you select a fast setting, and the traditional setting takes around 6 to 8 minutes to brew your coffee.
2. Strong Brew: If you love to add an extra kick to your coffee, go with Breville’s strong brew preset. This preset automatically increases the strength of the coffee without the need for any manual adjustments. You can add more grinds in the filter for a more robust coffee than the usual water to grounds ratio.
3. Gold Cup: In the Gold cup setting, the preset mode automatically balances the brew time and water temperature. It enables you to produce coffee according to the standard set by the SCA. To prepare an ideal cup, obey the instructions for the Gold cup in terms of water to ground ratio.
4. Cold Brew: It was first introduced in the 17th century in japan. It is different from iced coffee in terms of taste and method of extraction. Cold-brew is sweet, rich, and less acidic than hot coffee. Cold-brew is made out of concentrated coffee extract that is steeped for some time. The extract produced from this setting can also be used to make cocktails, desserts, and other iced drinks.
5. Iced Coffee: The Over-the-ice option requires a more bold coffee to prevent ice melting. While choosing this setting, you have to add more or twice as many grounds that are needed for an average ratio. Also, you have to leave the coffee for a minimum of two hours to cool before serving. Using this preset, you can prepare 20 oz of beverage.
6. MyBrew: With my brew, you can adjust the temperature of the water, bloom time, and flow rate. It additionally enables you to take advantage of the pour-over option. With this preset, you can achieve the flavor and taste of the coffee that suits your palate-whether it’s floral, fruity, or earthy.
Together these settings give you an impressive amount of choices for how you like your coffee.
This machine comes with a stainless steel thermal carafe. The thermal bottle offers the best value in terms of heat efficiency as the coffee maker does not have to be turned. However, the glass carafe will require you to keep the machine on to heat the coffee from the bottom. The carafe has a large capacity of 60 oz. In our opinion, a thermal jug is the better option.
PID Temperature Control
A delicious cup of coffee revolves around a few factors. Best coffee is one factor, and great water is another. But other features like extraction time and brew temperature are also super important.
This machine is equipped with an advanced PID controller, which means the brew temperature is proportional, integral, and derivative. These features generally come in luxury espresso machines. The PID temperature control enables you to twerk the temperature. You can adjust the temperature anywhere between 176°F to 208°F, covering all bases. The thermo-coil heating and pump system allow the brewer to have temperature adjustability that is much better than the usual horseshoe-shaped heating element system.
This brewer comes with three filter baskets; a permanent flat-bottom basket, a gold-tone mesh filter, and a cone filter adapter. The cone filter lies inside the large flat bottom jug. It takes a regular filter and is good enough to brew up to 1.2 liters of coffee. If you want to use a giant basket that has a capacity of around 1.8 liters for craft filter coffee, then add a flat-bottomed filter paper, and you are ready to go. The gold-tone basket filter gives you the option to brew more body in comparison with the paper filter. Something that you would get from a French press.
One of the crucial factors for brewing a good cup of coffee is the method and technology used. This machine uses “showerhead technology.” This technology allows you to expand the coffee grounds by sprinkling hot water evenly in the filter rather than letting the water drip into the center. The coffee brewed with this device is tastier than the usual cheap drip coffee machines. It also uses steep-and-release technology that is one of the most innovative functions. This technology enables you to adjust water and coffee grounds contact time. Also, this function is helpful while preparing cold beverages as it guarantees the full flavor of coffee grounds to be extracted.
This precision coffee brewer compromises of some accessories:
- Precision brewer thermal carafe.
- Measuring Spoon.
- Cone filter basket insert.
- Mesh basket filter.
- Flat bottom flask filter paper pack (10 pieces).
- Water hardness test strip.
The dripper for brew comes at an extra cost.
Cleaning and Maintenance
To use this machine in the long run, one should properly maintain this product. Regular cleaning is required after each use. This brewer is effortless to clean. You can wipe the unit’s exterior with a soft wet cloth. Do not use dry pr rough cloth as they might scratch the body. The filter baskets and stainless steel thermal vessel can be simply rinsed with warm water. Detach the shower head for rinsing from time to time. Note that this machine is not dishwasher-friendly. The device does not alert you when it’s time to descale, but it does have a descaling mode that will only take 15 minutes to run.
The precision brewer from Breville is an excellent addition for those who crave customization. It gives you incredible precision and adjustability with its six unique preset modes. With this coffee machine, experience your favorite coffee at its best regardless of its age, origin, or roast. It comes with PID temperature control technology, a Thermo coil heating system, and a variable flow rate water pump that genuinely has no rivals. The machine is specialty coffee Association certified.
It comes with a pour-over mode and a single-cup brewing option. The unique single-serve technology permits you to brew your favorite beans directly into your cup, and using this option; you can brew 20 ounces. The dual filter allows you to brew any volumes of coffee exactly how you like it. It also offers iced coffee and cold brew, as well as single and multiple serving sizes. If that’s not sufficient to convince you, it comes with a two-year warranty and looks best in the kitchen.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the preferred grind size for a Breville precision Coffee maker?
For this coffee maker, use medium-sized coffee grounds. Since you can adjust many variables, including the hot water temperature, you can experiment with slightly finer or coarser grounds to achieve the taste that you like. If you are using the cold brew setting of this machine, then you should go for an extra coarse grind.
2. What can be the possible errors that can pop up while using this machine?
- Sometimes the unit does not use the total amount of water in the water tank. The possible cause can be a blockage in the system.
- The machine shows “too hot.” Overheating from repeat use can cause this error. To fix this error, allow the unit to rest for 20 minutes.
- Sometimes, it won’t start brewing because each mode has a specific water limit; It won’t work beyond that. You should check that the reservoir is filled or that the water limit is met or not before starting the brewing process.
- Sometimes the brewer basket leaks coffee when you remove it because the drip-stop seal isn’t correctly positioned. Some waste debris blocks it. Check if there is any waste under the seal. If yes, turn the basket upside down and rinse the basket seal under running water while pressing down on it. This action would remove all obstructing debris.
3. Is the Breville Coffe Maker Dishwasher safe?
No, this device is not dishwasher safe, but it is pretty simple to clean. You can wash the various parts under running water. For deep cleaning, use warm soapy water.
4. Can this coffee maker use reverse osmosis water?
Yes, it can, but don’t use it because RO produces a flat-tasting brew as it lacks about 100% of all the trace minerals that help to enhance the flavor of all beverages, including coffee. According to coffee, experts use soft water only.
- Best Coffee Urns
- Bella Dual Brew Coffee Maker
- DeLonghi Magnifica ESAM3300 Espresso Machine
- Hamilton Beach Scoop Single Serve Coffee Maker
- Jura A1 Coffee Machine
- Keurig K15 Coffee Maker
- Keurig K155 Office Pro Coffiee Maker
- Keurig K50 K-Classic Coffee Maker
- KitchenAid Siphon Coffee Brewer
- Melitta 46894 Thermal Coffee Maker
- Mueller Ultra Coffee Maker
- Technivorm Moccamaster KBT 741 Coffee Brewer