Waiting in the line at the crowded coffee shop and overpaying for your drink annoys you?
Then you have arrived at the right place.
The super-automatic espresso machine takes you to perfectly brewed, a silky-smooth, taste-bursting cup of coffee for every happy morning.
These coffee machines are a quick and effective way to reduce pre-caffeine morning stress. They make our life simpler by giving espresso drinks at the push of a button.
It is something everybody loves, right?
The only stress in having the machine is that choosing the right one. As there are a lot of options available in the market.
We’ve prepared a list of Best Super Automatic Espresso Machine based on Customer Reviews and our Market Research.
We highly recommend you to read our buying-guide located towards the bottom of this post.
Top 12 Super Automatic Espresso Machine in 2020
|Espresso Machine||Maximum Cup Height||Power|
|Nespresso by De’Longhi||–||1200 W||CHECK PRICE|
|De’Longhi Magnifica||4.7 inches||1250 W||CHECK PRICE|
|Breville||4 inches||1800 W||CHECK PRICE|
|Jura||2.3 – 5.6 inches||1450 W||CHECK PRICE|
|Saeco Incanto Carafe||152 mm||1850 W||CHECK PRICE|
|Gaggia Brera||4.5 inches||1400 W||CHECK PRICE|
|Saeco SM7684/04 Xelsis||75-148 mm||1900 W||CHECK PRICE|
|Gaggia Anima Prestige||5.9 inches||1850 W||CHECK PRICE|
|Saeco PicoBaristo||78 – 164 mm||1850 W||CHECK PRICE|
|Saeco Vapore||95 mm||1400 W||CHECK PRICE|
|Gaggia Accademia||6.5 inches||1500 W||CHECK PRICE|
|DELONGHI Oracle Touch||4.25 inches||1350 W||CHECK PRICE|
Which are the Top 10 Best Super Automatic Espresso Machines in 2020?
1. Nespresso by DeLonghi EN80S Original Espresso Machine
It is a Versatile and Smart coffee machine that makes your life easier. It serves coffee enjoyment at the highest level. It can brews two different cups – Espresso 1.35 ounces and Lungo 5 ounces. With a one time touch you will get a perfect cup of coffee in matter of 25 seconds, as fast as possible. It is one of the Safest Espresso Machines that make the nine cups of joe without having to refill the tank.
This model is available in the full palette of colors to satisfy all tastes. It can add a bit of charm and perfectly matches with any interior design. With a tiny footprint, compact, and lightweight design, it needs less space at the kitchen counter. Its body material is well-made with best quality plastic. Moreover, this coffee maker is energy-efficient. It comes with an energy saving mode that auto-switches the machine after 9 minutes.
You can request support in case you have problems and need any assistance. The brand provides immediate support for your query. Furthermore, Nespresso is also on mobile. You can download the mobile app on iPhone, iPad, and Android. If you’d need repair during the guarantee period, the brand will collect the machine from your chosen address and deliver you a loan-free machine.
- Removable Tank – 24 oz./ 0.7L
- Used Capsule – 10 capsules
- Its energy-consumption is 1200 W and the heat-up time is 25-seconds.
- It comes with a simple to use and a one-touch operation.
- It provides the impeccable single serve coffee or espresso every time.
- It delivers up to 19 bars of operation with a patented extraction system.
- It has the folding drip tray that accommodates larger single-serve cup sizes and recipes.
- It comes with a ready to heat-up-time that means it reaches the ideal temperature in just 25-seconds.
- Its package includes a welcome-set with a variety of capsules. Each capsule contains individual aromas.
- The warranty for this espresso machine is one year.
What we like
- It can run with a high-pressure pump.
- It is equipped with an ergonomic handle.
- It provides barista-style coffee, exceptional-taste, and unique aromas.
- It comes with the instruction booklet and information folder.
- Its drip-tray drops down automatically when you remove the mugs to catch the drips.
2. DeLonghi ESAM04110S Magnifica Espresso Machine
Now enjoy exceptional espressos, bold cappuccinos, and creamy lattes with this machine. Its never been easier to create coffee cafe barista-style beverages. It gives you the cup of delight any time day or night that makes it the most reliable espresso machine. Besides, it has mastered the art of espresso making for you. The Magnifica Espresso Maker will be a welcome addition to your kitchen.
There is no waiting between the cups as it allows you to brew cup-after-cup instantly. It comes with a rapid cappuccino set-up that can maintain the optimal-heat. Moreover, it provides perfect infusing every time. It can produce coffee with perfect warmth, creaminess, and density.
The Magnifica Coffee Maker is designed by programming in your preferences. Other than that, it comes with the power-packed features in a streamlined. With the compact layout, it takes less space at your countertop. You can also move it from one place to another with ease. For easy cleanup, it comes with the front-accessible details. Thus, the Magnifica Super-Automatic Coffee Machine gives the classic espresso and cappuccino experience.
- Beans-Container – 200
- Coffee Powder Container – 14 cups
- It consumes 1250 Watts of energy.
- Its max cup-height is 4.7 inch and the heat-up-time is 60 sec.
- It self-adjusts for one or two shots of espresso and provides the evenly creamy-textured drinks along with rich foam.
- Its manual frother mixes the mist and milk for creating the thickest foam.
- It comes with 13 adjustable spots for grinding your beans.
- It allows you to use pre-ground in the second-container.
- It comes with the easy to use control panel for changing the coffee settings easily.
- Its package includes measuring spoon, water-hardness strips, descaling solution.
- It comes with the instruction manual and quick-start guide.
What we like
- It is dishwashable that makes it easy-to-clean.
- It is best suited to gives customized drinks at one touch. It allows you to personalize the settings the way you want.
- Its indicator tells you where there’s a need to wash the machine.
- It comes with a removable reservoir tank.
3. Breville BES990BSSUSC Espresso Machine
Now Swipe, Select, and Enjoy a cup of joy with this espresso machine. It lets you make quality beverages from the convenience of your home. It is the next-gen machine that is designed to inspire espresso drinkers with ease-of-use. You don’t need to compromise while making coffee. It enhances flavor and excites your taste-buds and mouthfeel.
At the touch of your fingertips, this espresso maker provides the exact cafe-quality result. It provides the right pressure for steaming and generates thousands of tiny bubbles to get the velvety milk texture. Further, temperature brings out the milk-sweetness. With the 22 grams of freshly ground beans, you can make excellent espresso cup with rich flavors.
It is one of the most solid Automatic Machines that come with a triple heat system. The steam-boiler and heat exchange aids thermal stability. Espresso boiler and PID temperature standard that make precise water-temperature. Lastly, a PID-controlled embedded element maintains thermal stability. It provides a delicate balance of espresso flavor with the incredible aroma.
- Bean-Hopper – 1/2 lb
- Water Tank – 84 oz
- It consumes 1800 W of power and needs 110–120 Volts of voltage.
- It comes with a touchscreen interface that allows you to make coffee in three easy steps – grind, brew, and milk.
- It offers an adjustable control dial that allows the user to choose the coffee strength, texture, etc.
- It comes with the coned shaped burr grinder that auto-grinds.
- Its pre-infusion functionality gradually increases water-pressure for an even extraction gently.
- It comes with digital temperature control technology that can assure that the temperature is kept at the optimum range.
- It has a solid movable milk wand with the steam-boiler that auto textures the milk.
- Enjoy this machine for trying different beverages straight for two years.
What we like
- It comes with the integrated conical grinder, oracle touch, and offers automation at every stage.
- It allows you to create, name, and save up to 8 customizable settings.
- It allows you to select for espresso, long black, latte, flat white, or cappuccino.
- It comes with the Over Pressure Valve that prevents bitter flavorings in the shot. It limits the 15 bar pump pressure throughout the extraction.
4. Jura 13626 ENA 1 Automatic Coffee Machine
It is the most reliable and affordable espresso machine for coffee makers. Most notably, the Jura Ultra-Compact Coffee Machine doesn’t take valuable space on the countertop. Without leaving the comfort of the home, it allows you to make the full-flavored perfect shot of espresso.
The Jura Espresso Maker comes with a multi-level built-in burr grinder for grinding whole beans at the optimum fineness. With intelligent preheating, it can ensure that your drink is dispensed hot. It comes with the three user-defined sizes-of-cup and two aroma levels settings. It allows coffee lovers to pick their desired beverages.
This super automatic machine was designed to be kind to the environment. It comes with the energy save mode and programmed switch-off time. That makes it an energy-efficient machine. It helps to save the planet and your money on electric bills. Thus, its smaller price tag and feature-rich black colored classy design make it value for money.
- Reservoir Capacity – 37-oz
- Bean-Hopper – 4.4 oz
- Bean Container – 7 ounce
- Its power consumption is 1450 W and the operating voltage is 120 V.
- It is programmed for espresso, lungo, and ristretto.
- It comes with a micro brewing-unit that provides a perfectly extracted espresso.
- The Jura user-friendly control panel allows you to make espresso like a professional.
- It keeps the beans fresh with the aroma preservation cover.
- It is well-made with the ABS plastic and stainless steel material.
- It comes with the built-in grinder that’s gentle grinds espresso beans.
- It comes with the auto-off function that auto shut off the machine when the espresso-making procedure is complete.
- The Jura espresso machine comes with a 2-year life warranty.
What we like
- It has zero energy switch that guarantees high energy efficiency.
- It comes with the Aquadur test strip to check water-hardness.
- It has a slim design that makes it perfect for small spaces.
- It allows you to prepare 3 barista-style coffee specialties.
- Its user-friendly control panel allows you to run this machine with ease.
- The Jura Machine gives a fresh taste with limited wastage.
What we don’t like
- It has a smaller bean hopper capacity.
- It can only make 1-cup at a time.
5. Saeco Incanto Carafe Espresso Machine
Now your coffee dreams have finally been answered with this machine. It provides large capacities in a sleek and compact design. It allows you to experience the Italian espresso specialties. It produces the ideal-grind for perfect coffee-taste. This machine promises that it grinds-beans consistently and makes divine coffee every time.
One of the trusted and robust machines that come with the beautiful blend of premium materials and quality. It is made with high-grade quality material that makes it long-running. It has an appealing and sturdy stainless silver front face and striking display. Moreover, it sets a new standard with elegance, divination, and craftsmanship.
For easy care and cleaning, it comes with the automatic cleaning and descaling procedures. It comes with an Aquawipe Filter for purified-water. It improves coffee-taste. It allows you to make 5000 cups of coffee without descaling. With the ion exchange technology, it naturally removes the calcium. It blocks impurities with the water-flow and microporous filter.
- Bean-Container – 8.8oz
- Waste Container – 60.9oz
- It comes with a removable and hygienic milk carafe for the creamy milk foam.
- It comes with the disc grinders that are made of 100% ceramic.
- It comes with advanced technology for maximum flavor and impressive coffee quality.
- It prevents the coffee from tasting-burnt and overheating.
- It comes with the flying heat boiler technology that allows immediate fermenting of each-cup one after the other.
- It provides the powder option so you can make the instant and delicious cup of coffee without the caffeine.
What we like
- It comes with dishwasher- security components. Pulse also allows removing the brewing-unit for routine cleaning.
- It lets you make milk-beverages at your single touch.
- It provides a consistent grinding process and natural taste.
6. Gaggia Brera Espresso Machine
It is a small yet super-automatic coffee making machine. It can produce everything from espresso to cappuccino. This espresso maker is an excellent tool for producing hot cocoa or for topping off lates. Other than that, it comes with the Pannarello milk frother that allows you to froth the milk until it becomes velvety and creamy.
This super-automatic machine comes with the front-loaded reservoir tank and dreg box. All are within reach so that you can pull out from the front of the machine for quick and easy cleaning. Besides, it has a user-friendly LED display with illuminated switches. It comes with push-button controls for easy access.
These automatic coffee makers have an elegant brushed stainless front-panels. It comes with the classic and attractive looks. It is sure to stand out as the best-looking piece in the kitchens. On the other side, it is a stylish, compact machine that is much more space-saving. It can easily slide under your kitchen cabinets. Moreover, this espresso machine leaves plenty of counter space to spare.
- Water Tank – 1.27 quart
- Hopper – 8.8 oz
- Reservoir – 40 oz
- It comes with fast heating time, robust brewing, and milk frothing operations.
- Its supported coffee-types are ground coffee and whole bean coffee.
- It has the removable brew-group for regular rinsing and maintenance.
- It comes with the rapid smoke technology that heats up the mist temperatures in 10-seconds.
- It has a simple interference with the few buttons and LED screen.
- It comes with the adapting system that allows the use of all types of coffee seeds. This machine auto-adjusts itself to the preferred bean for more best results.
- It has 1-year warranty.
What we like
- It allows you to create a list of beverages including both basic and custom.
- Its wand doubles as a hot water tap for making americanos and tea.
- It creates rich, creamy foam with superb milk frother for specialty beverages.
- It provides programmable making that gives you the full advantage of advanced technology.
- The price of these espresso machines is less than 500 dollars that is hard to beat for other coffee makers.
7. Saeco Xelsis Automatic Espresso Machine
Are you living a busy lifestyle? Do not want to compromise on the quality of your coffee? Then it is the perfect machine for you. It allows you to make 15 different coffee drinks. It comes with the premier-programming so you can personalize it to your liking. It will enable you to make the coffee house like shots.
These espresso machines come with a luxurious design that makes it at the top of its class. With refined ergonomics, it is easy to operate. These coffee makers were designed with Italian craftsmanship. Moreover, it is built with high-grade materials. It comes with the most innovative features.
It comes with the Aqua Clean water purifier that improves the quality of the coffee and prevents scale build-up. Moreover, it makes up to 5000 cups by replacing water-filter regularly. You can experience hassle-free milk-drinks. Its easy to clean auto milk frother system with a jet of hygienic-wand, clean it each time when you make a drink. So it is cleaned and ready to make a drink for the next time.
- Milk-Carafe – 0.6 L
- Waste Container – 14 servings
- Water Capacity – 1.7 L
- Coffee Bean – 450 g
- Drip-Tray – 500 ml
- This coffee maker can do it all, whether you prefer a shot of coffee or espresso, flat white or milk-froth.
- It comes with the durable ceramic coffee-grinders that gently ground the beans without overheating.
- It provides superior coffee-taste by extracting all the best aromas.
- It allows you to modify the strength, volume, milk foam amount with the coffee equalizer.
- It comes with 6 customizable user-profiles that allow you to store your personal taste-choices.
- Its Hygiene Steam function cleans the whole milk-circuit with steam.
- It comes with a convenient 3. 5″ touchscreen display so you can prepare a coffee recipe with one tap.
What we like
- It can cater to the entire-family demands by offering unlimited variation.
- It comes with the sealing AromaSeal for the long-lasting freshness of beans.
- Its front-access tank comes with easy to clean role and with an adjustable spout that has a nice screen.
- Its dual output allows you to serve 2 drinks simultaneously.
8. Gaggia Anima Prestige Automatic Coffee Machine
It is an automatic machine that can make one-touch cappuccino and lattes for coffee lovers. It gives you an intuitive operation to make different drinks for the guest. Moreover, it is your personal barista that can remember your taste. It’s all about producing hot and personal beverages. It has a sleek and truly timeless design. It comes with the stainless steel front-paneling with modern screen.
It allows you complete control to make the drink just right. It comes with 3 different temperature-settings of 177.5°, 182.9°, or the max of 184.5°. Moreover, it comes with the adapting system that is the brain behind the grinding-operation. After brewing enough, it will learn and adapt, and adjust the grinder to your favored bean.
It comes with an auto-frothing milk carafe that pours the frothed milk directly into the coffee mugs. You can remove it or put it in the refrigerator when it isn’t in use. For regular self-cleaning, you can detach the brew group. Its built-in reservoir tank and bean hopper are easily accessible from the top right and top left of the machine.
- Water Reservoir – 60oz
- Bean-Hopper – 8.8oz
- Beans-Container – 250 g
- Pump Pressure – 15 Bar
- It comes with a ceramic burr grinder, a stylish LCD display with 6-buttons.
- Its Bypass Doser allows you to make pre-ground coffee or decaf coffee.
- It has adjustable aroma strength and temperature settings.
- It comes with removable accessories such as milk-carafe and hot water faucet.
- It has a low energy standby mode that conserves energy. It goes into a low energy -1 W after one hour of being idle.
- The brands provide a hassle-free-warranty for 2 years.
- It comes with the double-chambered carafe locks.
What we like
- Its settings can be saved that gives you additional control over brewing-process.
- It comes with the descale cycles and automatic rinse.
- It comes with the automatic and programmable one-press brewing and frothing systems which are certainly more than that you’d expect from such a small machine.
- It requires less care and maintenance.
- It produces a rich creamy froth for specialty beverages and helps you to create a list of drinks.
- The supportive call center is available for any product related problems. The number is 888-389-4123.
9. Saeco HD8927/47 PicoBaristo Espresso Machine
It is a premium and compact machine that spoils the coffee drinkers for variety. It provides you hot coffee in no-time with the quick heat boiler. Moreover, it comes with various automatic functions. It can satisfy your coffee cravings. There’s a taste for any time of the day, whether it’s first thing in the morning or an after-dinner treat.
For intensity control, it comes with ten adjustable spots to easily accommodate the finest grind for the best espresso or to the coarsest for a lighter-coffee. It allows you to make your coffee as per your preference. It comes with the memo function that allows you to save your desired coffee-length for each drink. Every drink in the future will be customized, exactly your taste. You’ll never have to remind it again.
It can also include a detachable brew group for hands-free maintenance. You can easily detach it for the regular cleaning process. Also, it comes with the AquaClean Filter. Without having to descale your machine, you can make 5,000 cups. Thanks to its auto-cleaning method that makes it clean-up easy.
These super auto best espresso makers come with an elegant vision of pure design to add grace to your kitchen. It’s crafted with Italian design for the classic or modern interior. It comes with the use of stainless steel on the front and top so your machine will look as refined as the coffee it makes. Thus, these models are pure bliss for espresso lovers.
- Bean Container – 250 gr
- Milk-Carafe – 0.5 L
- Waste-Container – 15 servings
- Water Capacity – 1.8 L
- It operates on 50 Hz of frequency and needs a power supply of 230 V.
- Its max. cup-height is 78 – 164 mm and the cord length is 1.2 m.
- It allows you to customize your shots with the coffee equalizer.
- It comes with ceramic grinders with 10-settings deliver a superior-taste.
- Its Hygiene mist wand function clarifies the whole milk-circuit with steaming.
- It comes with a beautiful display so you can make a lot of coffees at your one press on it’s button.
- It has 5 different strength settings that allow you to choose your ideal strength.
- It comes with a touch screen display along with easy user connectivity that allows you to choose from a wide variety of options.
- It comes with 1-year life if you take proper care of this then it will stay long with you.
What we like
- It is capable to reach hot-temperatures fast and lets you enjoy a milk-based beverage.
- It comes with the 6 user-profiles and also allows you to pick one of 15 delicious drinks.
- It’s dishwasher safe.
- It comes with the built-in grinders that prevent the coffee from overheating.
10. Saeco HD8645/47 Vapore
Unleash your inner barista and make a variety of beverages at home with this machine. It gives the most fulfilling coffee experience at your one press and gives consistent results each time. It is a powerful machine that allows making whatever blend of coffee; you wish to try next.
These super auto coffee makers offer better control with the 5-steps adjustable coffee grinder. You can alter the setting from the finest grind for the full-bodied espresso, to the coarsest for a lighter-coffee. Moreover, it comes with the classic milk wand for milk-lovers. It allows you to prepare the delicious milk drinks traditionally with the gorgeous foam.
It allows you to make coffee as per your preference. It will always give you a perfect cup of espresso as per your personal choice. With the compact size, these models perfectly fit in the kitchens. For the effortless cleaning, you can simply remove the brew-group with just one click. Thus, it assures silent working and great performance.
- Waste-Container – 8 servings
- Water Reservoir – 1 L
- Beans Capacity- 180 g
- Its operating voltage is 120 V, frequency is 60 Hz.
- Its cord-length is 40 inches and max-cup height is 95 mm.
- It comes with 100% ceramic grinders for getting delicious espresso taste.
- It adds the mixture of velvety pressure to all your coffee drinks with the manual milk wand.
- It comes with a quick and super-fast heat boiler. It allows immediate-brewing of each cup of coffee one after the other.
- Its memo function allows you to fine-tune the coffee as per your taste.
- Its user interface comes with the intuitive buttons on the display.
- Enjoy making espresso and many other beverages with its 1-year-warranty.
What we like
- This easy to use machine comes with an easy to clean feature that makes the rinsing and working process simple.
- Its blending-power never overheats the coffee-beans.
- It provides a superb coffee drink at the tap of a button.
- It has a pre-infusion system that soaks the coffee puck before brewing.
What we don’t like
- It does not have aroma strength settings.
- It has no coffee powder option.
11. Gaggia 1003380 Accademia Espresso Machine
Now rise through the ranks with this machine. It is a 2-in-1 coffee making machine available in the market with carafe and commercial style wand. With just the push of a button, it can make custom-specialty coffee drinks. It gives perfect beverages on demand. It comes with a unique pre-making method that can be adjustable in 3 levels.
It comes with an adjustable telescopic coffee dispenser. It allows pouring into any vessel from 3 inches to 6 inches. It’s suitable for espresso or tall to-go cups. Also, it comes with the 7-buttons that allow you to choose your favorite beverage. It is capable of delivering best espresso, cappuccino, Caffe, Caffe lungo, latte macchiato, hot water and much more.
These automatic espresso makers come with a removable and auto cleaning milk-carafe. With the manual frothing wand, it allows you to make customized milk-based drinks and texture the way you want. It sure to earn its place at the top of its class with its refined aesthetics design. Thus, it’s a beautiful blend of charming looks and responsive performance.
- Milk-Carafe – 0.6 L
- Water-Reservoir – 1.7 L
- Drip-Tray – 10 Ounces
- It comes with the modern stainless steel accents with the metal painted finishing.
- It comes with the hopper and Bypass Doser that allows you to use pre-ground coffee for a variety of coffee options.
- It preserves the aroma with the double lid.
- It comes with a coffee ground-container that is removable from the front.
- Its programmable coffee quantity is 7 to 10 cups.
- It comes with the pre-brewing system that ensures maximal coffee flavor extraction.
- It has programmable buttons for espresso, milk-outputs, etc.
- It comes with the flow knob controls for setting the levels of extraction for strong espresso or lighter coffees.
- It infuses hot-water and coffee grounds to capture aroma and flavoring.
What we like
- It comes with the integrated burr grinder that is built of ceramic, a sturdy frame, and a bright display.
- It provides easy washing and maintenance.
- It can accommodate a wide range of cups and delivers coffee drinks without over extracting.
- It comes with a 1.7 L tank that provides a large water capacity.
- It comes with the 4 step water purifier that improves the h2O quality by preventing lime build-up.
12. DeLonghi ESAM3300 Espresso Machine
Now Brew, Indulge & Live Well with this Super Espresso Machine that prepares a delicious cup of coffee, lattes, cappuccinos, and authentic espresso. Moreover, it gives the evenly textured drinks just the way you like them. It brews with perfect richness and density.
This super robotic espresso machine comes with the patented Cappuccino frother that provide creamy and rich foam by mixing mist-and-milk. With the Direct-to-Brew system, it grinds beans instantly.
This model is well designed by keeping your needs in mind. The good thing about this unit is that it remembers the details. From the strength of the coffee to your preferred cup size, it can take care of the rest. This high-end machine comes with the easy to use control panel. You can modify the menu-settings for coffee strength, cup size, and much more.
It is recommended to use your favorite coffee seeds to create your classic espresso. For the best grinder performance, use the beans with the less visible oil, usually a medium roast. The brand provides coffee specialist support for any help. Feel free to contact on 866-528-8323 for setting-up and maintaining your machine.
- Water-Container – 60 ounces/1.8 liters
- Beans Container – 8.8 ounces
- Coffee-Grounds – 14 cups
- Its energy-consumption is 1350 W and the rated voltage frequency is 110/120V, 50/60 Hz.
- Its max cup-height is 4.25 inches and heats up time is 60 seconds.
- It comes with the quieter steel burr grinder that auto grind your beans. It can be set to a specific grinding-level.
- It comes with the Thermoblock system so you can go from cold to warm coffee in seconds.
- It has the 13 adjustable points that grind fresh beans.
- Its reservoir, a waste-bin, and a drip-tray are removable.
- It allows you to use the pre-ground in the second chamber.
- It comes with the easy to use the rotary switch and push-switch control panel with the programmable menu settings.
What we like
- It is compact and energy-saving.
- It has a rotary control panel. So, you can choose favorite beverages by using a simple rotary dial.
- It comes with a twin cycle and a 3-hour automatic shut-off for safety.
- It requires less maintenance, unlike other machines.
- It self adjusts for one or two cups of espresso and allows you to customize the settings the way you like.
What we don’t like
- It doesn’t work well with oily beans.
Most Popular Espresso Machine Brands
- Nespresso by De’Longhi
How to choose the Best Automatic Espresso Machine?
Preparing the cup of espresso isn’t as easy as on the super automatic machines. The Espresso Machine is expensive, but we feel its a long term investment. If you purchase espresso drinks every day, then this is worth it for you. By having a good one, you can save your money on those expensive shots.
If you’re prepared to spend more, then now the next step is to understand how to get the right machine.
There are a lot of new and excellent options available in the market, so it’s become challenging to make the right decision.
You know what you exactly look for in your drink. And, you want the choice of your machine should reflect that. If it’s doesn’t, then you made the wrong choice.
There are many things to consider when buying an espresso machine. Risk making leads to the wrong device and wastage of a large sum of funds. So we’ve come up with the following information or tips that help you to find the best units for your home or office. You need to review this section carefully and keeps these points in mind while shopping.
Type of Machine
There are 3-types of Espresso machines –
Semi-Automatic – These machines are the most popular type of home coffee-machine among consumers. They are suitable for those who are looking for traditional ones. Plus, they are the most affordable.
These coffee machines allow you to prepare tea or café Americanos. You have to do a little bit of work before starting the process. You’ll have to grind and tamp the coffee. Once you attach the portafilter, the machine will continue the process by its-self.
But the issue with these machines is that they require little more maintenance.
Fully-Automatic – These machines are very similar to semi-automatic ones. But the main difference is that they come with the one-press system. Simply turn it on, the fully automated coffee machine will take over. Once the espresso is brewed, it will stop automatically.
These machines are great for multi-taskers. If you want to do other things while the process, then it will be better for you. In short, they allow preparing multiple coffee-drinks at once.
These machines can be used as commercial espresso machines. They are faster enough to make espresso under a minute. In a commercial coffee shop, they help to provides the best tasting espresso to order each-time.
Super-Automatic – These types of espresso machines are great for those who want convenience. They allow you to make the drink of your choice in a matter of a few minutes. They grind-the-beans and brews a fresh, delicious, and instant coffee cup. Also, they will give you the option to choose between drinks, including americano, cappuccino, espresso, latte, macchiato, and much more.
Fully-Automatic and Super-Automatic Espresso Machines are user-friendly and convenient. But they come at higher prices. If the budget won’t the concern, then these machines are worth the extra cost. But if you’re the average coffee lover, then a semi-automatic espresso machine is excellent for you.
If you love espresso. And, if you have a busy lifestyle, short on time and want to put little efforts. For this reason, the superautomatic espresso machine is perfect for you.
It is one of the essential points you need to consider. You have to make sure that your automatic machine can make the espresso at just one click of a button.
You have to look for a dual boiler or double boiler feature that ensures the machine to extract exact espresso at the same time.
Removable Brew Group
It has a handy free feature for easy rinsing and maintenance. The brew unit is the heart and soul of the espresso machine. Also, it is a good idea to rinse the brew group daily. You can easily remove-and-clean it. It allows clearing the coffee residue that is stuck in the brew group components.
It ensures a clean brew unit and superb coffee at all times. It can also increase the life span of the machine.
Cleaning is a bit more complicated, so most of the brands provide this option. It allows you to inspect, remove-and-clean the mechanism. You just need to open the service door, push a release lever & slide it out.
It is the component that holds the ground coffee. It lets you set the number of coffee beans that you decide to grind for your brew.
It catches all the grounds from the grinder and dispenses them. The delicate part is that it assists in keeping your counter clean. It also prevents coffee-grounds from being wastage.
Adjustable Doser – All the Superautomatic Espresso Machines come with the adjustable Doser. They have a small knob that can control the dose of coffee beans or ground coffee.
Bypass Doser – It is the extra helpful feature that is featured on specific machines. If you also prefer a decaf coffee, then you have to look for this feature.
It is a small chute at the top of the device that only accepts pre-ground coffee. It allows you to make decaf coffee other than the type that is stored in the bean hopper of the espresso maker.
Ease of cleaning and maintenance
A clean machine means a better coffee. You have to pick the one that provides you with the ease of cleaning & care. It saves your money and allows you to get the most out of your investment.
You don’t have to do a lot of work with the superautomatic espresso machine. These machines come with an automatic program that efficiently washes the brew groups.
For the cleaning, you have to purchase the machine that comes with such functions –
- Removable brew group
- Easily removable drip tray and ground boxes
- Automatic steam-wand purging
- Automatic milk-carafe purging
For maintenance, you have to look for a water filtration system.
If you’re living in the area with the hard h2O problem. So, you always have to make sure that your machine comes with the filtration system.
Most of the superautomatic espresso machines come with the smart water process. So you don’t have to descale the machine yourself. With this feature, you don’t have to worry about the removal of calcium compounds. They assure you that you don’t have to change the water purifier up to 5000 brew-cycles.
You also have to make sure that the machine you are buying has the quality to stand with a dishwasher. A machine comes with a number of separate elements such as a milk-reservoir, drip-tray, and containers. If it is dishwashable, then it saves a lot of your cleaning time.
It is an essential factor that you have to look for. Some models come with the custom-settings, and some have limited preset.
It is another customizable attribute that allows you to control how much coffee beans get ground and goes into the shot. Moreover, it also lets you choose between a single and double cup.
It is one of the best options if you’re sharing your machines with others. It gives you the ease of making the espresso, ristretto, cappuccino, latte, macchiato or americano at the push of a button.
Almost every superautomatic espresso machine comes with this option.
Milk Frothing Systems
If you don’t want to spend time frothing the milk manually, then go for the machine that comes with the automated milk system.
There are few milk-making systems –
Detachable Milk Carafe – Some models come with the integrated milk carafe. It auto-dispenses the milk-drink in the mug through the spout.
Steam Wands – Look for it if you love to make the shots as per your choices. This wand gives you the control to adjust how much foam you want or what temperature you want for your espresso.
The main points that you should view are –
- Manually controlled
- 2-4 steam-holes
- Great range of motion
- Rotating for optimal angles
If you are the one who likes customizations, then purchase the superautomatic espresso machine that has a high level of programmability.
It indicates how much control do you have over the coffee-making-process. Most of the machines today come with a wide range of pre-programmed options. They give you more liberty with the extent to control the grind size, shot strength, and much more.
Some automatic machines always allow you to set almost every detail. While others let you run the standard program.
It can vary in terms of the water-tank, milk-carafe, and bean hopper size. This impacts how much the machine can make espresso without the need for refilling.
Choose superautomatic machines as per your needs. If you want to brew for the large group or office, then you have to go for the machine that has enough capacity. But if you want for your own enjoyment, then you have to go for smaller ones.
Steam or Pump-Powered
It is another factor that you have to view. The pressure is necessary for creating perfect espresso shots. It is the strength behind the influence of the superautomatic machine.
Steam – It is an ideal and cheaper option. But it gives you inconsistent outputs due to irregular pressure.
Pump-Powered – These kinds of super-automatic machines are worth the value. They grant you more control over the temperature & the pressure of creating coffee.
Customizable User Profiles
It is the most crucial point to consider. As you know that everyone in the family has a different taste and preference. This feature allows everyone to have their favorite coffee the way they like. Everyone’s personalized favorites can be saved in user profiles.
These types of superautomatic machines will learn your favorite settings. For easier access, you can save your favorite drinks dialed into your dedicated profile. You won’t have to edit the settings again and again to fit your desires. These can be stored & quickly pulled up at the click.
If you love the coffee cafe barista like drinks, then you have to check this option. It allows you to modify the characteristics of your brew. You can customize volume, strength, temperature, and much more.
Single or Double Boiler
Single Boiler – These boilers are reasonable and slower on heating uptake. If the budget is your concern, then you can go for a single-boiler.
Double Boiler – The double boilers ensure minimal wait time. They are faster but much expensive. If you are impatient and want to brew for multiple drinks, then you can go for this type of boiler system.
Go for the unit that comes with the digital display. They are fantastic for crystal clear instruction and in-depth analysis.
- They offer beverage selection with the one-touch technology without having to move the mug.
- The display comes with a combination of icons and text.
- They will help the user through all customizations.
- The backlit display gives seamless navigation.
Go for the superautomatic espresso machine that provides notifications. Some of them are –
- Low water-indicator
- Descaling alert
- Empty bean hopper
- Maintenance needed
Other Factors That You May Have To Consider
- Look for the adjustable grind settings that allow you to grind either more coarse or more elegant.
- Some automatic machines allow selecting your own custom-profile with the customization of drink settings.
- Look for the indicator-lights. They alert the user if there is a need to refill the beans or anything.
- Go for the automatic machines that have dual heating systems and reduce the wait-time while the task like frothing and making coffee.
- Some espresso machines come with the cup warmer to combat the cold air. They preserve the warm goodness of your drink.
- Always go for reliable brands as they provide high-quality products.
- If you want silky and elegant foam in your coffee, then go for the product that has exceptional foam technology.
- Go for the machine that works well with the dark oily roasts.
- You can also look for a unit that works as a cold brew coffee maker.
- Read the best automatic espresso machine reviews and feedbacks given by the customers as it will make your shopping easier.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What Are The Three Parts Of Espresso?
The 3-parts of the espresso shots –
- Body – The middle layer
- Heart – The dark brown base
- Crema – That gives rich, cream foam with a bit sweetness.
2. How Is One Machine Is Different From Others?
There are a lot of things that make one machine different from another. Some are –
- Ease of use.
- Ready-made programs that are highly programmable
- Easy to maintain
- Extremely well-designed
3. Is Espresso Machine Right For Me?
Yes, of course. The best automatic espresso machine requires little effort. It is expensive but provides a lot of convenience.
It’s all about a smooth and streamlined method of coffee-fermenting. The super-automatic espresso machine takes some of the work out of your hand and drives you to the world of specialty coffee. Just select a program, press a button and your cup of happiness is ready.
4. How To Properly Use Espresso Machine At Home?
To properly use the automated machine here are some tips –
- Get the right beans
- Use pure-water
- Descale your machine
- Keep your machine clean
- Read the instructions
5. How To Clean Espresso Machine To Enhance Its Life-Span?
- Wash all the parts after the process and removing it safely.
- Detach all removable elements and wash them thoroughly.
- Clean the internal chamber by using a soapy sponge.
- Wipe all the parts with the clean & place back.
6. What’s The Difference Between French Press And Espresso Machine?
Espresso machines produce rich and strong coffee in small quantities. While the French Press makes coffee in a bulk batch.